Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status update!
Drove my car for exactly 18 minutes. Went to home depot and shopped for 15 minutes. Came back out and behold the features have been enabled!

Cruise control now works. It seems a new feature was added. Once activated, it automatically goes to the current speed limit marked on the road. I thought this was a wonderful feature! Not sure if this is standard on AP1 cars. The car did automatically slow down if a car in front of me was going slower and kept proper distance.

Auto steer did not work. It kept saying "autosteer disabled on this road". I tried multiple types of roads, but it didnt work. Im assuming it will activate later on when the car is done adjusting or whatever it does.

I did not see any car indicators on the dashboard even though there were cars available around me. At one brief moment it did flash a car but that was the only time. Again, I am assuming its still slowly enabling this feature.

So far I am happy with what has been added. The coolness factor is starting to kick in.

Keep it coming Tesla!

Status update!
Drove my car for exactly 18 minutes. Went to home depot and shopped for 15 minutes. Came back out and behold the features have been enabled!

Cruise control now works. It seems a new feature was added. Once activated, it automatically goes to the current speed limit marked on the road. I thought this was a wonderful feature! Not sure if this is standard on AP1 cars. The car did automatically slow down if a car in front of me was going slower and kept proper distance.

Auto steer did not work. It kept saying "autosteer disabled on this road". I tried multiple types of roads, but it didnt work. Im assuming it will activate later on when the car is done adjusting or whatever it does.

I did not see any car indicators on the dashboard even though there were cars available around me. At one brief moment it did flash a car but that was the only time. Again, I am assuming its still slowly enabling this feature.

So far I am happy with what has been added. The coolness factor is starting to kick in.

Keep it coming Tesla!

As far as I understand(and saw myself), it only shows cars in front of you, not those to the side.

Also just got the 185 to 201 update with the same exact release notes. Was one of the the select 1000 (camera calibrated fine a few dozen miles after 185, TACC and Autosteer works on hwy). Not sure of any difference either.
I think they fixed the problem where most of us didnt calibrate. I put 400 miles on my car and they never calibrated. This time it only took a 15 minute drive

Status update!

Keep it coming Tesla!

Snapping to the speed limit is an AP1 feature as well, but it's actually more flexible than that in our version, and probably in yours as well.

In the driver assistance settings on the center console, there's a setting for speed warning. If you set that to a relative number from the limit, TACC will actually snap to that speed instead.

It's really very convenient. :)