Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an update notification as well via the app (AP2 car in UK), will check it out tonight!

FWIW yes this was 2.52.36, nothing new in release notes. Doesn't seem like that many people have it yet according to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, and they all look like P100D variants (Not sure what the 'PD' trim is supposed to be...). From the (limited) data so far I wonder if this is only going to P100Ds (Model S and X), in which case maybe it indicates the Ludicrous+/easter egg update?? Perhaps a bit of a stretch :)

FWIW yes this was 2.52.36, nothing new in release notes. Doesn't seem like that many people have it yet according to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, and they all look like P100D variants (Not sure what the 'PD' trim is supposed to be...). From the (limited) data so far I wonder if this is only going to P100Ds (Model S and X), in which case maybe it indicates the Ludicrous+/easter egg update?? Perhaps a bit of a stretch :)

Ok I just saw the other thread (Ludicrous Plus is HERE!) - guess I was right :)

I am one of the initial Cali 1000 and my AP finally enabled after driving 752 miles. However, autosteer will not work at any speed. It get either "temporarily unavailable" or "disabled on this road" messages at below and above 35mph. I have not received the latest update from 1/9.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
I am one of the initial Cali 1000 and my AP finally enabled after driving 752 miles. However, autosteer will not work at any speed. It get either "temporarily unavailable" or "disabled on this road" messages at below and above 35mph. I have not received the latest update from 1/9.

Interesting, I'm still waiting on mine. Notably, I talked with a service rep today who said that the new update would definitely make that go away, but mine may finish before getting it. It sounds like camera calibration is no longer necessary with the newest update.

• Informative
Reactions: RobW2428
Update on my failed firmware install this morning:

I spoke with Tesla Support by phone later today and they informed me that I was not getting the .185 update. Instead I was getting some patches and fixes to the .180 update I already have. I don't have to schedule this, it will just download and fix on its own overnight.

• Disagree
Reactions: fasteddie7
The new release activates the PX2 AP computer and runs it in shadow mode. Tesla will likely remotely monitor the function over the cars that have received it, and if working properly it sounds like they will turn on AP for everyone. At least that's what I'm hoping!

I am confused. It seems like the updated point release is out as per the tweet. But I have yet to see anyone with AP2 or AP1 acknowledge here that they have received it.

I've seen AP1 folks here confirm that they received an update. There's supposedly been some AP2 ones receiving a different update recently as well. Notably, I'm one of the 1000 that received .185 and still no update here.

I just want my safety features activated. I can wait on autopilot 2. Lack of standard safety features on an expensive car like this is pretty ridiculous.

I just want cruise control ;). I had it for 1 day after delivery before getting the .185 update and have just gotten the camera calibration message ever since. This is the first car I've owned to lack cruise control since my very first car when I was 16.