Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new to TMC, but hoping to be a more regular member now that I've got my new MS60D. I was wondering if any of you know if the new updates for AP2.0 models eliminates the 35mph speed restriction for autopilot functionalities the way it seems to have done for AP1.0?

Not yet. Tesla is being cautious and will eliminate the 35 MPH restriction when they have more data. AP1 never had a 35 MPH restriction. There was a restriction to AP1 that wouldn't allow anything over the speed limit on undivided roads. That restriction replaced the previous +5MPH/+10 km/h limit. The AP1 restriction has been set back to +5MPH/+10 km/h in the latest update.

Anyone with the new 2.52.120 build? It looks like it is going out to AP2 cars. One entry on ev-fw.com notes the release notes just say improvements/fixes. No idication as to whether on not they are in the initial 1000. Teslafi.com shows 1 car with the update and it's an AP2 in CA.

Anyone with the new 2.52.120 build? It looks like it is going out to AP2 cars. One entry on ev-fw.com notes the release notes just say improvements/fixes. No idication as to whether on not they are in the initial 1000. Teslafi.com shows 1 car with the update and it's an AP2 in CA.
No update here beyond 50.201. And we all (the initial 1000) seemed to get that one at the same time.

Hmm at least for me ALL lane lines are black, always.
Perhaps this is the way AP2 states that it understands lane lines but you're not on a road type or under 35mph and hence AP is not available?

For us on AP1, black lane lines are usually shown for extremely worn out lane lines or poor weather conditions. We still get lane departure vibrations when crossing them, but AP isn't available (no grayed-out steering wheel).

Abstract Ocean has much brighter replacement lights for your trunk. The Model S has wiring for three lights, so if you only have one now you can install three of them. I.have these lights and also their silicone fob protectors. Highly recommended.

Online Store for Tesla Model S & X Accessories | AbstractOcean.com

While there is no light in the vanity mirror, you can press the overhead light a few inches away and it will turn on and off.

Good Luck on the AP HW2 software features.

GSP
Will these lights work with not premium interior cars?