Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm awaiting receipt of my Model 3 and the cheapest price I've been quoted is £789.00 with Churchill!! 12 yrs no claims, 10,000 miles per year. Parked on driveway in nice area. I'm currently with eSure though with people suggesting they won't insure Model 3's?

Any suggestions of how to get that down? A lot of people saying LV, however, they've quoted me £1293.00!

Direct line were more expensive than Churchill, too.. So I'm not quite sure what to do.

I'm awaiting receipt of my Model 3 and the cheapest price I've been quoted is £789.00 with Churchill!! 12 yrs no claims, 10,000 miles per year. Parked on driveway in nice area. I'm currently with eSure though with people suggesting they won't insure Model 3's?

Any suggestions of how to get that down? A lot of people saying LV, however, they've quoted me £1293.00!

Direct line were more expensive than Churchill, too.. So I'm not quite sure what to do.
Have you tried a comparison site like compare the market or whoever?

I’ve just had my renewal quote from LV this morning. £398, 12 years NCB, 15k miles, 60, parked in garage overnight, East Midlands. I’ll still be doing a comparison though!

You could try getting a quote with Novo Insurance - I didn't have much luck with them but have seen decent quotes for others on here.

Yeah, those prices came via Money Supermarket. Wen't to DL direct - obviously. A bit lost as to why my prices are so much higher than others are being quoted.

Never had an accident or made a claim in my life. Zero convictions. Price jumping from £244 on my current vehicle.. Crazy.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Anyone got any ideas why LV is now saying I don't have enough years driving experience when before they were quoting me about 1.7k?
I think the only difference was I put in my actual driving licence or I might have put in the no claims discount not existing sicne my accident in janurary. I passed my test in 2016 and im 29.

The trouble with modern business is that it's nothing to do with value for money and all to do with maximum profit and demand. That includes insurance where the honest way would be genuine actuarial figures.
LV will accept the in car dashcam/security features (or at least they did when i renewed mine). Ringing them to query weird automated results has to be worth it too.
My 2018 S renewal last month over 9yrs n/c (actually 35 yrs but no-one cares), total x/s's 1K and parked well off road out in the sticks was under £370, test passed 52yrs ago - thought they might load me for being an old fart.

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I've changed nothing on my Comparethemarket quote (since 12th September) and today it's jumped over £200 for all 3 I was looking at (LV, Churchill, Privilege).

Cheapest for me was £415, now £644 like-for-like. Wasn't expecting that.

I've changed nothing on my Comparethemarket quote (since 12th September) and today it's jumped over £200 for all 3 I was looking at (LV, Churchill, Privilege).

Cheapest for me was £415, now £644 like-for-like. Wasn't expecting that.
The time from the quote until the policy starts makes a big difference. If you are now closer to the policy start date, the premium will increase. The sweet spot is 21 days before the policy starts.

Anyone got any ideas why LV is now saying I don't have enough years driving experience when before they were quoting me about 1.7k?
I think the only difference was I put in my actual driving licence or I might have put in the no claims discount not existing sicne my accident in janurary. I passed my test in 2016 and im 29.

I'm 36, passed my test in 2016 also, clean licence, no claims.
LV's website also told me I don't have enough driving experience.

Direct Line's website quoted me somewhere around £850 ish a month.

Likely to add my partner as a second driver (haven't during my initial searches with the above two companies) - when I did this for my existing car it reduced the price significantly.

Reactions: phillcom3

£789 is a fair price for the Model 3 and around what I am paying with similar NCB and miles

Direct Line we're a complete ripoff for me. LV initially were, bit doing a multi car policy helped, and then giving them my driver's licence number dropped it again. 560ish with 0 NCD as they refused too accept named driver NCD (I was a company car driver)

HI All. I got a quote back in August when I ordered my Model 3 Performance for £389. I got notified last week that my car is ready for collection this Friday - went back into the quote and altered the start date and it's gone up to £884!!! How can the same quote have increased by £500??