Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admiral multi car quote was an extra 250 for M3 and a 09 Golf. Taking the total to 1500

However admiral will not use a tesla approved repairer unlike novo
Good point and I will get a quote from NOVO but approved repairer wasn’t even a consideration for me and unless it’s similar to Admiral, I don’t think I will be too bothered. Unless I need it of course. 😆

We were doing OK until we came to Enhance Autopilot! Never mind enhanced, the word autopilot caused an audible intake of breath. So, we decided to leave EAP moot for now. PPF also remained a love that dare not speak it's name for now. It's ironic, (not Iconic - don't get me started on that), when tech wizardry is used to calculate premiums for tech wizardry, the computer likes "...to say no!"

Had a conversation with Admiral today about software upgrades. EAP was a grey area, so they are going to call me back when they have spoken with the "IT department", which I thought was a bit odd. Apparently it falls under some kind of "lane assist" policy, which is unclear. However, and even more odd, I had it confirmed on the phone that if I purchase the acceleration boost that it would not affect the policy at all & I don't even have to tell them. I was sceptical, so asked her to double-confirm with a supervisor & it's apparently correct. They record all calls, so at least it's on record!

Has everyone tried an Admiral multi car quote if they have more than one car.

Yes, it's come out far cheaper for me. I have my daughter's CitiGo on my policy as a second car & we both get a decent discount. Also worth noting that you can have multiple addresses and multiple cars & still be eligible for the multi-car discount. I asked about this because my daughter is moving out soon, so will be changing address.

Also, another weird circumstance, adding commuting to my SD&P policy made it around £80 cheaper as it triggered some kind of offer/discount code. Without the offer it would only have added £6 to the policy, which I was surprised about. So it's worth checking the difference if you only have SD&P on your policy at the moment.

Insurance certainly is an opaque business...

Reactions: dangrenade
Good point and I will get a quote from NOVO but approved repairer wasn’t even a consideration for me and unless it’s similar to Admiral, I don’t think I will be too bothered. Unless I need it of course. 😆
So to put that in context if you ever needed a repair snd there was a 1 star garage called jims garage and he didnt know how to repair a tesla properly. If its on their approved list they will send you there. Despite if theres a tesla approved garage next door because its not on their approved list. Nor do you get the choice even if it was! I asked on the phone and 150 vs 1500 gbp personal belonging insurance

Reactions: dangrenade
Also be sure to vary your profession - there are usually multiple titles that will fit your role. E.g. "Consultant" or "Management Consultant". Knocked over £100 off for me changing the title (which still fits what I do).

This industry really needs a massive shakeup

Reactions: MrBadger
The internet killed the brokers.. In many ways it's better now that you can go onto a comparison site and get an instant list, but I also miss the simplicity my parents seemed to have with their broker of just accepting the best quote every year.
I remember this as today:
2 months in UK, went to a local broker office for ford focus insurance (Y plate, 600 gbp value). They quoted me ~2000 for insurance. Compare the meerkat was 500. go figure.

Nobody else is giving tesla loan vehicles as part of the policy. You can also get zero excess (no idea if the quote above includes that).

Novo are really good if you don't mind the cost.
my Tesla Loan M3 LR is insured via Peugeot Insurance (PSA Insurance) and it's the same as DL/Admiral/Privilege, just half the price. and they are not insuring Teslas anymore AFAIK. but worth to check

How do you get a quote (say for a non-tesla car) with PSA? I tried a quote and it says they wont cover?
Silly question, do you need a Peugeot?
I got it on 6th of January :) it was valid for 30 days. They honored the quote and sold me the insurance. Others tried after 6th or 7th of January with no success. I tried to get a quote after 7th with no success as well :D

no, you do not need a peugeot