Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been emailing Aimee at NOVO directly and just had a quote for MY LR today. It was just over £1200, a little more expensive than Admiral (£924) but I do like this:

• Agreed value cover for the Tesla
• All repairs carried out at a Tesla Approved Repairer
• Fully Comprehensive cover for driving other vehicles for you and your spouse, as long as the vehicle is insured and you have the owner’s permission
• Replacement Tesla loan vehicle whilst your own vehicle is repaired – regardless of whether fault or non-fault
• 182 days of EU driving cover – Unlimited trips
• UK Breakdown cover
• Uninsured driver protection
• New vehicle replacement
• Personal belongings cover up to £1,500
• Legal expenses cover
May I have Aimee's email address please. They sound like they know what a Tesla is..........

To be fair, the quote rejection page addresses ended with "/decline".

The phrase often asked at quote time is "have you had car insurance refused, cancelled or voided?"

GoCompare.com puts it quite well:

If you’ve been refused insurance, it means you’ve either had a claim rejected, or your insurer has refused to offer you a renewal quote.
Your insurer might refuse to renew your policy, either because its criteria has changed or they’re no longer able to offer you cover.

You could also be refused insurance, or refused a renewal because of non-disclosure, leading to your insurance being voided or cancelled.

I got some quotes from Admiral, my policy renews Dec.
To replace our current car with the MY it is £150 extra, to replace the current car with a brand new Macan GTS its £70.

Those of you taking out brand new policies how does the Model Y compare with another new alternative car?

I got some quotes from Admiral, my policy renews Dec.
To replace our current car with the MY it is £150 extra, to replace the current car with a brand new Macan GTS its £70.

Those of you taking out brand new policies how does the Model Y compare with another new alternative car?
I suspect your question might be tad too vague here @Jmad

It's a bit like asking how does 6 compare to another number?

Despite having previous quotes of around £450 I have just gone to refresh now that I have a delivery date and all the quotes have shot up to £850!!

Disaster, is this maybe just because I am getting a quote on the evening of the 28th and databases are being updated? These prices are way more than at any time I have been looking. It’s like it can sense that the Car is finally on the way.

Despite having previous quotes of around £450 I have just gone to refresh now that I have a delivery date and all the quotes have shot up to £850!!

Disaster, is this maybe just because I am getting a quote on the evening of the 28th and databases are being updated? These prices are way more than at any time I have been looking. It’s like it can sense that the Car is finally on the way.
Several companies let you hold the quote for a month… which is worth doing if you can.

I would if I could, I had quotes saved but they would have expired by the time it got delivered. I now have a delivery date of the 25th so I went to look again so I could have some saved and they seem to have doubled over night and some of the big guys won’t even give me a quote.

Reactions: Adopado
Vitality have come to the rescue. As I have health insurance with them I noticed them advertising their insurance and they are half what the other quotes I am getting today, £440.

The cheapest the other companies are offering via gocompare etc is £770 and that’s with a black box high considering I am a 42 year old living in a quiet village with a spotless licence and claims history is a bit annoying.

NOVO sounds good but they are way too expensive compared to the other insurers. I can't justify 3x the cost
I guess it depends on how much you value your peace of mind.

I've been with Novo for two years, coming up to renewal again. They weren't the cheapest, but at the same time I'd rather not have to think about how much my insurance company is going to mess me about when it comes to the crunch, I want to be able to rely on it - that's the point.

That being said I'll still consider my options come renewal.

I’ve just got off a Live Chat with Esure. Currently have a 2020 BMW X5 30d. They said the model Y isn’t on their system yet but it should be soon. They are using the model X 75D as the comparison car. Been quoted £91.01 to swap over including £26 admin fee. Policy runs out in July. BMW cost £450.29 to insure for the year. £500 excess.

They will produce a manual insurance certificate showing Model Y long range. Online portal will show the car as Model X 75D until the MY is on their system

Vitality have come to the rescue. As I have health insurance with them I noticed them advertising their insurance and they are half what the other quotes I am getting today, £440.

The cheapest the other companies are offering via gocompare etc is £770 and that’s with a black box high considering I am a 42 year old living in a quiet village with a spotless licence and claims history is a bit annoying.
Got a quote by Vitality but they dont insure company owned cars

Anyone tried LV recently, was with them for first year of my M3, renewal was ridiculous.
I'm with Churchill (£350 pa for an SR+) and just got a quote for the MY we have on order. Came in at over £1100.
Admiral have quoted sub £500 for the Y so worth checking out.

Anyone tried LV recently, was with them for first year of my M3, renewal was ridiculous.
I'm with Churchill (£350 pa for an SR+) and just got a quote for the MY we have on order. Came in at over £1100.
Admiral have quoted sub £500 for the Y so worth checking out.
I'm with LV

The Ioniq Prem Se lease went back a couple of months ago, but I didn't cancel the policy, just let it run as the cancellation fee was £40!

Phoned today to change to the new RWD model 3 we are picking up on the 9th, and it was £1.74 more for the remaining 5 months! 🤣😍

£240 a year including legal and protected bonus

We are in our 60's and live in Devon, so that helps...a lot!