Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior refresh coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traditional automotive controls feature scores of different sized control buttons, that are different in every model of every car.

Believe the Tesla large central touch display panel along with a drivers augmented display is the future of all automotive displays.

Tesla seats are comfortable, adjustable, good looking and allow for easy entrance and exit. Available in cloth, leather and veggie.

It's not a $150,000 car. It starts at half that price, and everyone knows it's for the battery and EV drivetrain, not for the interior. Anyone who pays close to $150,000 for a Tesla is doing so for acceleration bragging rights and more range, not for the interior of a "$150,000 car".
Please don't fight FUD with FUD. I'm tired of hearing the underlined incorrect assertion.

This seems as good a place as any to jot down my prediction.

Elon said at (or shortly after) the Model 3 reveal that the dashboard was not finished yet and what they were doing would blow everyone away. He also said separately that the Model 3 would not have anything that was not available on Model S and X. So I'm thinking at minimum it will be a dashboard refresh with whatever technology will be used in Model 3.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict this for April of 2017. Why? Because in 2015 and 2016 they established a pattern of making significant changes to the cars in April and October. Actually, the first big one was October(ish) of 2014. It's all there in the wiki: Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Get ready - something is coming in April.

What do you think is incorrect about my statement?
Speaking for myself (and at least a few others I know personally on TMC), your statement is factually incorrect. For me it was incorrect on both Tesla purchases, and likely my next one. I enjoy lapping and autocross in my Model S. Bragging rights has nothing to do with my ownership experience. If anything, the extra expense of my Model S is something I avoid talking about as much as possible.

Hopefully soon. There are several threads on missing items from the Tesla interior. I would settle for better quality materials, improved soundproofing, coat hangers and interior handles above the doors. And can Tesla get some sort of interior lighting that actually provides enough light in the trunk / frunk?

Hopefully soon. There are several threads on missing items from the Tesla interior. I would settle for better quality materials, improved soundproofing, coat hangers and interior handles above the doors. And can Tesla get some sort of interior lighting that actually provides enough light in the trunk / frunk?

This. I will upgrade my S when they have adjustable seat belt heights.

Right now voice recognition is not very accurate with the road noise or when a passenger is conversing. Taking your eyes off the road to scroll through menus or look at a touchscreen can be difficult at times. With physical buttons, your fingers can figure everything out with feel.

For me the most commonly used buttons in my other cars are adjusting temperature, fan speed, volume, and seat heating.

Touch screen is way better than a jog dial though.

It would be nice to see Tesla step up to more premium materials and less plastic. The car is great but we've been upgrading the interiors of our cars for years to make them feel a bit better inside.

Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0051.jpg
IMG_5787_BE.jpg
IMG_5771_BE.jpg
IMG_5817_BE.jpg

Unplugged Performance | Model S Complete Vehicle Program