Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory of 4680 Model Y's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked this evening and there's a big batch of Model Y's with 4680 batteries on the inventory page of all colors, including tow and not. All have the Induction wheels, which you would think they would offer the 19's to increase range a little bit. I'd be very tempted to get one if I knew how real world range on the 4680 stacked up against the old battery pack.
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 8.58.36 PM.png

I noticed the same thing… but they did offer with 19” a few days ago, got snapped up before I decided to change my order, TWICE!

So, my guess is that there are people watching inventories like a hawk and grabbing it whenever they can.

The range is fine for me in California with Superchargers being built literally every 25 miles down the highways. Even my little town of Chowchilla got a row of 12 Superchargers waiting on PGE to make them active I believe.

I will go ahead and put a down payment on one if I see one with the 7-seat configuration. The 7-seat would be nice for my use of the car. I have reservation in the 7000's for the CyberTruck, but I have the dual motor configuration. By the time that truck is available for me, my now 14-year-old will probably be driving.

Reactions: KeylynsParadox
I would expect real world range to be about 20% less than long range give or take a few %

Also remember these aren't LFP batteries so you still don't want to charge them above 90% on a regular basis. So EPA rated range will be more like 240 miles vs 269 since your only charging to 90%.

It's still reasonable but to me the LR is worth the extra money.

I've been watching the 4180 inventory jumping up in my region (Atlanta/Charlotte/Knoxville) too. I'd like a long-range Y due to the fact that I'm planning on using it for business road trips but I was late to the party and didn't order until 1/24 with a EDD of late March. However, it is tempting to chase the 4180 Y due to availability and price. The range may be a bit too low on these first run Y's but I wonder if the 4180 battery charging specs mitigate the smaller range a bit. And I also wonder what the ceiling may be after Tesla techs tweak the software going forward.

Same here! Huge influx of 4180 inventory. I was starting to get all excited because I found my exact configuration for the same price I paid and was thinking I could switch over... then I saw the 269-mile range and said, "Hey..wait a minute!" Thanks for the blue balls, Tesla! :rolleyes::p

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.07.34 AM.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: sdq_11
Even though the MYLR has an EPA range of 330 miles, almost nobody gets close to that range in the wild. I thinking, what if the 4190 Y's can get the honest 269 miles in real life? Wouldn't that be an equivalent range with the current 2170 Y's?

The range is fine for me in California with Superchargers being built literally every 25 miles down the highways. Even my little town of Chowchilla got a row of 12 Superchargers waiting on PGE to make them active I believe.

I will go ahead and put a down payment on one if I see one with the 7-seat configuration. The 7-seat would be nice for my use of the car. I have reservation in the 7000's for the CyberTruck, but I have the dual motor configuration. By the time that truck is available for me, my now 14-year-old will probably be driving.
They don't make MY AWD 4680 variant with 7 seats. At least not yet. Austin hasn't even made 7 seaters for the MYLR yet. All 7 seat LR come out of Fremont.
Of course, this could change at anytime. Austin never made cars with white seats until a few weeks ago. But I really don't think you will see these bespoke MY AWD with 7 seats.

SoCal has 16 MY's "coming soon" that are priced under $55k. Not sure why, but every one has the 20" induction wheels. Perhaps their is a lot of demand for the 19" Gemini on custom orders? I would think many people would prefer to save the $2k on the LR - in order to earn the tax credit.

SoCal has 16 MY's "coming soon" that are priced under $55k. Not sure why, but every one has the 20" induction wheels. Perhaps their is a lot of demand for the 19" Gemini on custom orders? I would think many people would prefer to save the $2k on the LR - in order to earn the tax credit.
If you option 20" wheels on a custom MYLR you don't qualify for tax credit anymore after the $500 price increase. And before that you had to go stock with everything else to add 20" and qualify. So yeah, Tesla is probably using the 20" on the AWD builds for now.

Reactions: homergreg
Saw these anomolies pop up this morning in NJ. I too got excited, then saw the range and 0-60 were both lower.

Thanks for the excitement Tesla, but I'll wait for my MYLR. And I'll still cancel it if it doesn't get to me in time for the Tax Credit.