Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory of 4680 Model Y's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal has 16 MY's "coming soon" that are priced under $55k. Not sure why, but every one has the 20" induction wheels. Perhaps their is a lot of demand for the 19" Gemini on custom orders? I would think many people would prefer to save the $2k on the LR - in order to earn the tax credit.
My guess is they know folks will buy them bc they worry about the tax credit. Why not option it out and increase margins?

I also have a feeling that in a few short months, these 4160 SRs will have a decent price drop. Just my guess - not based on anything at all :)

Even though the MYLR has an EPA range of 330 miles, almost nobody gets close to that range in the wild. I thinking, what if the 4190 Y's can get the honest 269 miles in real life? Wouldn't that be an equivalent range with the current 2170 Y's?

My guess is they know folks will buy them bc they worry about the tax credit. Why not option it out and increase margins?

I also have a feeling that in a few short months, these 4160 SRs will have a decent price drop. Just my guess - not based on anything at all :)
what are these "weird" battery types i've never heard of?? 😂

• Funny
Reactions: sdq_11
I think it's a huge risk to assume any upcoming price drops or end of quarter push. Musk said orders are coming in at double their production rates and current orders are potentially getting delivered in May. Price increases seem much more likely, especially once they are no longer able to deliver before the tax break deadline (expected to be sometime in March)..

I think it's a huge risk to assume any upcoming price drops or end of quarter push. Musk said orders are coming in at double their production rates and current orders are potentially getting delivered in May. Price increases seem much more likely, especially once they are no longer able to deliver before the tax break deadline (expected to be sometime in March)..
Perhaps I should revise my prediction that the there will be a larger price difference between the LR and these cars. Right now, it doesn’t make much sense that less range and slower is so close in cost to LR. It’s only bc folks will panic and purchase to capture the tax credit that they are selling at the current price tag and in relation to LR.

If you option 20" wheels on a custom MYLR you don't qualify for tax credit anymore after the $500 price increase. And before that you had to go stock with everything else to add 20" and qualify. So yeah, Tesla is probably using the 20" on the AWD builds for now.
FYI, the MY now qualifies for price ceiling of $80,000.00.
I'd expect Elon to start to raise the prices above the $55,000 line.

I wonder what their rationale is to build these units instead of the backlog of LR orders, especially with the uncertainty of the tax credit getting slashed.
I'd guess the 4680 may have its own separate line as it is using different building blocks like structural battery pack and front and rear castings. So maybe it isn't a line they change back and forth between the 2170 cars?? Just a guess.

I do not beleive the 4680's offer the end user any benefits, at least not in the current iteration. It is basically the same chemistry and that is the limiting factor. There are many advantages to Tesla as it should be cheaper to build. but not better for us unless Tesla passes the savings to us. This is similar to asking how a AA battery is better than a AAA.

Even though the MYLR has an EPA range of 330 miles, almost nobody gets close to that range in the wild. I thinking, what if the 4190 Y's can get the honest 269 miles in real life? Wouldn't that be an equivalent range with the current 2170 Y's?
Looks like that will not be the case as the usable size of the pack is approx. 67.6 kWh and the actual size less than 72 kWh, max charging so far on one owners car at a SC is not reaching 250 so charging not quite up to the 2170.