Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone impressed with the overly-hyped "holiday update"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Like the IC much better. ok with the smaller fonts and moving the PRDN gears over to the lower left.
Moving up the speed sign from the left of car to top right is good improvement since they now have a moving speed sign right of the car as you pass them.
Also now looks like the "D" goes blue in FSD.( I think this is new).

Reactions: vraev
I am convinced that the people who write the software for cars do not drive them.
Or most likely even test their UI designs in an actual car!
i imagine them sitting at their 30-inch monitors and pronouncing their work "good" regardless of how it looks or works in an actual car under road conditions. But heck, it's only a 4000+ pound car going 70+ mph, what could possibly go wrong...?

Reactions: Wol747 and P100D_Me
regardless of how it looks or works in an actual car under road conditions.
This has been my argument to the downside of the MCU controlling nearly all functions. Physical buttons don't move so your muscle memory learns how to turn on the A/C, change fan speeds, change radio stations etc without taking your eyes off the road.
In Tesla world when they 'modernise' the UI with each major revision you have to relearn the approximate location of all the controls again.....and please don't say just use voice commands :rolleyes:

This has been my argument to the downside of the MCU controlling nearly all functions. Physical buttons don't move so your muscle memory learns how to turn on the A/C, change fan speeds, change radio stations etc without taking your eyes off the road.
In Tesla world when they 'modernise' the UI with each major revision you have to relearn the approximate location of all the controls again.....and please don't say just use voice commands :rolleyes:

Glad I read your last sentence.

Reactions: Wol747