Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or does everyone want to race a tesla..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HA HA HA. That's so funny. I just had to fight my wife at the restaurant tonight to be able to drive TES home. I get the same thing. Also, its not just a chick thing. She was hoping some one would try to challenge her on the way to the grocery store today. LOLOLOL

Please re-read my comment--I SAID NOT ALL.

Wow.
We allow pictures of people using their middle fingers (on a 'family forum'), but when one makes a comment and says not ALL women (and in the same light makes fun of grown men), then they get attacked. Geessh.

Anyways, back to more important things...Tesla anyone.

Oh stop. No one attacked you. Well, I didn't. I didn't mention you, or refer to you, or imply or anything. If you want a private pm as to what posters I might be referring to, I can tell you (though they probably know they're on my list). It wasn't you.

I love seeing the girls chime in on this challenge topic. My wife is reading this thread and loving it. I think there are more girls on the race topic than we think. I know my wife is one. We are new to Tesla so no tickets yet. Trying to be restraint. But I think I better get a ticket clinic account set up for her. LOL :biggrin:

We like to launch off the line like a rail gun and give the challenger just enough so they know not to screw with us... But we are safe and kill it before being unsafe.

I love seeing the girls chime in on this challenge topic. My wife is reading this thread and loving it. I think there are more girls on the race topic than we think. I know my wife is one. We are new to Tesla so no tickets yet. Trying to be restraint. But I think I better get a ticket clinic account set up for her. LOL :biggrin:

We like to launch off the line like a rail gun and give the challenger just enough so they know not to screw with us... But we are safe and kill it before being unsafe.
I've not had any tickets in my Tesla and hope not to, but I've used up my lifetime number of allowed classes to reduce points, and had my license suspended on more than one occasion for street racing (in my teenage days)... so my affliction is genetic. I worked for my father right out of high school, I had a 72 Camaro and he had an 80 something TransAm and he would always race me home.

I'm not an adrenaline junky except when it comes to a fast car...I once thought my boyfriend was asleep on a road trip so decided to move ahead of the pack. After I got into the position I wanted he calmly asked "did you enjoy that little sprint at 100mph? I can see the speedometer you know". LOL

So yeah, I notice the signs that someone wants to take on my MS!

Interesting thing... I've quietly passed many ticket opportunities and haven't had one yet in my Roadster. Quit is Key. I accelerated really fast showing the gunshot takeoff of my Roadster to a friend and not even knowing it I passed a Cupertino Cop who never knew I blew by him.... sooo if they're looking sideways they'll definitely miss you every time! The "sound of silence", gotta love it! I've had other similar experiences as well. Lastly the Roadster does not "dive" its suspension on hard braking, I'm sure the same with the model S, which is another sign of a fast car which the blue boys look for.

As for racing, I think its a geological thing... I'm surprised I haven't had that many challenges really... I've had a BMW M3 challange.... On Cali HWY 35, he was on my tail, I knew it was unsafe where we were close to residential area.... then as soon as we hit the twistiest I opened up the juice and showed the Roadster bliss handling. With my AX6 brake pads that allowed me to have a fast controlled entry into the turn and the electrically charged fast acceleration sling-shotted me out of corners like an Ace. It only took one S turn for the M3 to know he was not a game player. This was heading up to the Alices Restaurant Roadster meetup. Then I met a Lamborghini where we were playing down some straights. Good times but always play it safe and be aware of others.

Last edited:
Way to be sexist... it's not necessarily a guy thing. I'm a girl.
Guy: "Guys are stupid."
Girl: "Way to be sexist."
Guy (backing away): "Sorry, my mistake. It will happen again. I apologize in advance."

- - - Updated - - -

Most people don't "race" from a starting position behind the other car. Way to totally embarrass the other car. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my car a couple days ago and LOVE it. Tesla rocks. On my way home from the delivery at Diana Florida I had a supercharged Bentley come up beside me and egg me on. Then the next day an SL63 challenged me. This is strange to me. People come out of the wood work and want to challenge my tes.

Is it just me or does this happen allot?

I just go on like a lion in the jungle knowing I am the king and every one can jump around me but I know a little punch of the peddle and I smoke them. Nice to know. Lol

Happens all the time to me. Fools don't know what they're up against.

This. I am female, and I can't tell you how many times someone (never a woman, and usually a late model BMW) tries to challenge me at a light. Most of the time, I just wait and let them pass. Other times, when I'm particularly annoyed by the revving, I'm afraid I do give in and launch...but just enough to let them know I don't like being messed with, and never do it when it is not safe to do so.

Well, it's a guy thing (you know testosterone that we get driving fast cars--boys with their toys). Women too, but mostly a silly guy thing. You look at the car next to your, they stare back (normally a nice (or not so nice) sports car, or some joker Camaro or Vette or high end 4 door). A little gas, a little more and well before you know it you're doing 80. You know when this is about to occur--it's just obvious--can't describe.

Okay, then I believe I was challenged by a Prius driver the other day. No joke. He almost flipped his car taking a curve at 80 MPH on the freeway trying to catch up to me. LOL!