Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Its now been ~2 months since the last major Autopilot autonomy update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ohhh I thought you meant Here as in (at this location). I didn't know "Here" was a company.

Since he is not working at Tesla then it is just hearsay at that point.
Indeed, it is hearsay. At the same time, though, as Tesla flounders and other companies using other tech are racing forward, we should take a look at my favorite telling of a certain proverb:

"Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret:
the million other straws underneath it..."

Elon/ Tesla never said they were going to hit level 5.

He/they did say it was Level 5 capable.

They could have left it at Level 4 (still impressive, yet more realistic), but for whatever reason they did not. This speaks for the aggressive and often over-promising nature of Tesla's announcements in the recent years.

Of course they have the regulatory disclaimer to wiggle out with, but they do IMO need to implement Level 5 type of capability at least with nags to fulfill what they announced.

Elon/ Tesla never said they were going to hit level 5.
As others have pointed out, even if you are right about the words Musk spoke aloud in certain order, it's at best trivial.

I can say John committed the murder by pointing to him and saying "that guy in the brown jacket did it" and it would trivially be true that I didn't say "John committed murder."

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger