Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put down a deposit on the I-Pace but a little confused about what to expect in the way of pricing. The sales person said it will have the same base price as well as price range as the F-Pace. Have read elsewhere though that it's likely to be higher by 10-15%. That seems a bit expensive for a compact (smaller than F-Pace) crossover.

I remember reading a quote from an exec at Jaguar that it would be 10-15% more than a similarly spec'ed F-Pace.

The USA site is estimating 400hp and a 0-60 around 4 sec. Their top F-Pace S AWD shows 380hp, 0-60 in 5.1 sec, and a base price of $59,775. I'm not sure what a "base" I-Pace will include, but I'm guessing we won't be able to get one for less than $70k at the lowest.

I remember reading a quote from an exec at Jaguar that it would be 10-15% more than a similarly spec'ed F-Pace.

The USA site is estimating 400hp and a 0-60 around 4 sec. Their top F-Pace S AWD shows 380hp, 0-60 in 5.1 sec, and a base price of $59,775. I'm not sure what a "base" I-Pace will include, but I'm guessing we won't be able to get one for less than $70k at the lowest.

This car will be for a family member who doesn't really care about extra long range and performance. Just wants a premium BEV at the best price.

So I wonder if there will be a lower priced, smaller battery option. Any information on this @smac ?

Also, does anyone know if the Audi e-tron Quattro would be cheaper than I-Pace?

I am pretty confident in regards to the I-Pace. Unlike the germans, Jaguar/Tata has nothing to loose with EVs. They can only win. So I think they are serious with this one.

The I-Pace looks gorgeous. Based on the design, it will be a hit. In terms of pricing, there is a chance ot offers fair value. Jags are quite competitive in this area if you look at F-Pace pricing. Plus it willl be the first EV in the mid-size SUV market segment. Jaguar is 2 years ahead of Tesla for this sehment. I am pretty sure the I-Pace will be successful. It is a pitty they don't offer a tow hinch, though.

I am pretty confident in regards to the I-Pace. Unlike the germans, Jaguar/Tata has nothing to loose with EVs. They can only win. So I think they are serious with this one.

To be clear (since the e-tron thread), I am confident about both the I-Pace and the Audi e-tron quattro. I think both will appear in 2018. I-Pace's problem is the likely volume cap and it being an outsourced platform, we shall see how slow or fast that translates into a roadmap...

The Mercedes and large-battery BMW stuff I find more vaporware at this stage.

I happen to think the iPace is the most gorgeous SUV I have ever seen. I have signed up for updates and if the price is reasonable, I will definitely be getting one. There has been some talk or rumors about it being able to use the Supercharger network. If so, that will be icing on the cake. Otherwise, I will keep the Model X and just use the Jaguar for around town driving.

Brent

Reactions: NerdUno and cizUK
I happen to think the iPace is the most gorgeous SUV I have ever seen. I have signed up for updates and if the price is reasonable, I will definitely be getting one. There has been some talk or rumors about it being able to use the Supercharger network. If so, that will be icing on the cake. Otherwise, I will keep the Model X and just use the Jaguar for around town driving.

Brent

I wouldn't buy one myself. Not just because it's a premium brand, but Jaguar is a company owned by Tata Motors, an Indian company. India has import duties on cars of over 100%.

Would you still buy one if you had to pay 100% tax on it?

Yeah, I would like to replace one of my ICEs and still the I-Pace is on top of that list for me too. I just can't get excited by a sedan... I wish they'd at least made it a hatchback.

Well, all options are still on the table, including waiting a couple of more years - and including a Model 3. No rush. I still need to use ICEs at times due to lack of charging options or time to charge, so I'm sort of "waiting it out" on that front.

I think it was wise of Tesla to cancel delaying Model Y to the next-gen. The delay was a bad move IMO, even though I don't doubt Model 3 will be very succesful too.

Do you live in India? Strange objection.

You have to understand, we all who are more just car people IMO, that for some Tesla is a politically or value-motivated mission (be it environmental or otherwise), not just a car-maker. Those objections do seem weird to "just car people" who come here with the usual car owner motivations instead of Tesla mission motivations, but it is what it is.

You have to understand, we all who are more just car people IMO, that for some Tesla is a politically or value-motivated mission (be it environmental or otherwise), not just a car-maker. Those objections do seem weird to "just car people" who come here with the usual car owner motivations instead of Tesla mission motivations, but it is what it is.
I could maybe understand it if the i-Pace was made in India and Jaguar derived an unfair competitive advantage, but it's not. The i-Pace is made by Magna Steyr in Austria, and if it were imported to India, it would be subject to that same 100% tax!

Objecting that a car maker has an owner that is based in a country that has objectionable policies is like me not buying a Tesla because Elon Musk lives in the US and the US still has capital punishment. Sure, there's some twisted logic in there, that might make sense to me if I were very much against capital punishment, but it wouldn't really make sense to anyone else.

If they who followed Tesla would think like you tesla sales in Europe would fall like a stone the moment Trump said that US would go out from the Paris agreement. Neither they how buy a I Pace or a Tesla judge them by the politics in the country but by the automaker, Jaguar have choose to make a astonishing EV wish they wouldn't do if they don't want to sell EVs just like Tesla.

Reactions: GSP and Sean Wagner
The Jaguar I-Pace Has Too Many Orders And It's Still A Concept

Very few cars today generate pre-production enthusiasm with buyers placing deposits in advance. Tesla, history shows, has dominated this trend, but Jaguar’s upcoming I-Pace all-electric SUV is apparently has the same early buzz. According to Automotive News Europe, the upcoming Tesla Model X fighter has so far taken in 25,000 confirmed orders. The biggest markets are Europe and the US with eager customers shelling out "four-figure" deposits, despite not even knowing what the final price will be.

What’s also interesting is that the I-Pace Concept, unveiled last year at LA, won’t be making an appearance this week at Frankfurt. Doesn’t this seem like a missed opportunity to further publicize what could be Jaguar’s most relevant new vehicle in years? BMW, Mercedes-Benz and the VW Group will be bringing EV concepts of their own to the show, so wouldn’t it make sense for Jaguar to do the same again? Not really. Those confirmed orders are all Jaguar needs to know it has a hit on its hands. Another factor is that Jaguar doesn’t want to get in over its head; it already has a nearly two years’ worth of I-Pace crossovers to build in pre-orders alone. The production-spec I-Pace won’t be revealed until early 2018, meaning either Detroit or, more than likely, Geneva.

The Jaguar I-Pace Has Too Many Orders And It's Still A Concept

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
This car will be for a family member who doesn't really care about extra long range and performance. Just wants a premium BEV at the best price.

So I wonder if there will be a lower priced, smaller battery option. Any information on this @smac ?

Also, does anyone know if the Audi e-tron Quattro would be cheaper than I-Pace?

Sorry just picked this up, been for a month vacation in China. (Very interesting from an EV/ car perspective.)

So far no new info from my local dealership. Though as it looks the waiting list is significant I'm actually quite glad I got a deposit in early.