Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah at those prices I'll give it a miss which is a pity as I really like what I have read and seen so far.

And it is going to be available here in Africa soon-ish...............

It seems way way more than the F-Pace which I think is a slightly bigger car. I think Jag are bucking the trend here and going for profit and I'd hoped that they were going to go aggressive with EVs - not pitch for the 'niche market'

Oh well - legacy makers.............talk big but drag them heels!

So next option? Audi e-Tron? Suspect that will go the same way as the i-Pace. Merc EQ-suv? Maybe even higher priced.

Some new Hyundai??!

Or I just sit on my hands and wait for the Tesla Y - 2022? Damn long wait.

Prices in Norway is out to reservation holders.These are without any taxes, as EVs are excepted at the moment.

SE: NOK 729 000,-
HSE: NOK 779 000,-
First Edition: NOK 829 000,-

Compare with a loaded X75 (without FSD, 5 seats) at NOK 800 920,- and X100 at NOK 959 420,-

A bit disappointed, had hoped for a bit lower price than the X.

Do they say something about charging capabilities?

50kW CCS is what I was told at the Brussels Motor Show (where they had the "concept" on display). 0-80% in 90 minutes
fullsizeoutput_74b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_74e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_751.jpeg
%oqATARqSRKzOrLoeI+V+g.jpg
ueDINRQzSZ2SY+F+Tbz9Og.jpg
74405YiORoODx7VQ4EK+wA.jpg
tC9%udtYTvmxCvb0uWksfA.jpg
yHIEYOzsQoWUVTeLqcsu0A.jpg

Reactions: Rouget
Thank you Carl!
So can we guess that the first cars will have only 50 kW charging ant that only later they will get 150 kW charging?

I hope the second row seats will be improved in the final version!
“The concept version can charge up to 80 percent capacity after about 90 minutes on a 50 kW DC rapid charger, but Jaguar Vehicle Line Director Ian Hoban says the team is aiming to cut that time down to "just a short break" for the final production version.”

Jaguar's all-electric prototype just drove 200 miles on a single charge

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rouget and smac
Maybe JLR's legal / marketing team felt uncomfortable saying the car was >50kW until it was actually possible for a paying customer to charge at those rates?

I guess we will soon find out, because this recently went live:

Ultra-E.jpg

The first operational, and more importantly publicly available, 175kW CCS stations in Europe. (First Public 175 kW Chargers (350 kW From Spring 2018) Now Open In Europe)

Personally I'm expecting something around 100kW from the IPace in early cars, if for no other reason than Jaguar will likely want to gain some more data / confidence in the batteries. (Remember the car will have a data connection, so they'll be able to gather data on fleet pack health and see if it's tracking their model predictions.)

As a side note to this, what I find interesting is that Allego have gone the Tesla route and put the AC-DC stuff in an adjacent compound rather than in the point itself.

It really does make the existing 50kW triple head unit you can see in the distance look horribly old and cludgy. (Though the Supercharger bays still have the upper hand on design elegance..)

Good news that charge port is at driver side.
Have ordered an HSE last week, to be delivered sometime during summer. In Norway we can get a detachable tow hitch also.
Rumour is much faster charging than 50 kW, but unconfirmed yet. Previews in Norway in late February on invitation.

• Informative
Reactions: smac
Not clear if it is factory or retrofit. Price indicates reinforcements etc.
As the tow hitch is specified in the contract, no VAT needs to be paid, (from dealer to goverment) similar to other extras and winter tires. But, standard price in an ICE with VAT is 10k, ie half...
Pricing reflect a good market for evs, no road tolls either and lower running costs as 1 kWh= 1 NOK, 1l gasoline= 16 NOK. And only one competitor.

• Informative
Reactions: smac