Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was eventually moved to Jul 25 - Aug 29, but now I'm at Aug 26 - Sep 30.

MYLR/Blue/19"/5 Seat/Tow/No FSD
OD: 1/26/22
crazy how it is... I don't think we can check ours until these Nov 2021 and Dec 2021 orders are fulfilled. So I'm expecting ours really won't be first open until late Sept. Our EDD locked in Aug 11- Sept 22 but of course expect that delayed again lucky if late sept but likely early sept. We have similar config as you but with 7 seater so who knows lol.

I would call the rep back and ask him/her to give you the cite for the law or whom to contact at the TX State and ask directly. That doesn't make sense. Why would TX care where you register your car? If people buys a car in TX because they were in an accident, which totaled their car, are they saying that you can't buy the car in TX and take it home to register it? Makes no sense. Tesla should be able to get you a temp tag so you can drive back to Louisiana and then register it there.

Here is what I found:
Buying a car in another state involves paying the local Texas auto sales tax, the sales tax difference between Texas and your home state, and any processing fees charged by the DMV. Beyond that — and the price of the vehicle — you won't have to worry about any additional fees and taxes.

How to Buy a Car in Another State | Aston Martin Houston

https://www.astonmartinhouston.com › car-buying-advice

Can I buy a car in Texas and register in Louisiana?

If you are a resident of Louisiana, you are free to purchase a vehicle in another state, but it will incur fees and frustrations. According to the Office of Motor Vehicles, you must register your vehicle in Louisiana to legally drive on your home state's highways.Jul 30, 2019

Can I Buy A Car Out-Of-State? - Superior Honda Blog

Thanks for all these resources! I looked into them, and discussed with numerous Tesla representatives. Apparently, other car dealers can register Texas-purchased vehicles in Louisiana. But Tesla isn't a licensed dealer in Texas, so they can't register it in Louisiana. They took my VIN away, so kudos to the lucky customer that got the vehicle unexpectedly. They said they put my order in line for an order from the Fremont factory. My EDD is still July 7- July 13, but I assume that is since the system is still updating. My EDD a week ago was Nov 22' - Jan 23', so having a July delivery possibility is still nice.

Does anyone know where Louisiana customers pick up their vehicles?

Thanks for all these resources! I looked into them, and discussed with numerous Tesla representatives. Apparently, other car dealers can register Texas-purchased vehicles in Louisiana. But Tesla isn't a licensed dealer in Texas, so they can't register it in Louisiana. They took my VIN away, so kudos to the lucky customer that got the vehicle unexpectedly. They said they put my order in line for an order from the Fremont factory. My EDD is still July 7- July 13, but I assume that is since the system is still updating. My EDD a week ago was Nov 22' - Jan 23', so having a July delivery possibility is still nice.

What about Mississippi?

Last edited:

Disregard my Mississippi suggestion. I found that they won't work either.

But was your delivery date in 2023? Mine was summer 2022 and moved to 2023. Waiting for it to move back, just guessing it will as my other Model Y delivered in Feb had the same thing happen.
Yeah. My first EDD was June - July 2022. Eventually it moved to Nov 2022 - Feb 2023, and then moved back to Aug - Sep 2022. I think the big changes were due to the disappointing range of the 4680 Model Ys out of Texas. Now that Texas is producing 2170 Model Ys, my EDD bumped back up.

Reactions: Evthusiast
I ordered Jan 27th, first range was August, then in May was contacted to arrange pre-delivery for 2-4 weeks out, then the dates were pushed to Nov-Jan and now have been stuck at Dec-Feb for quite sometime. Ordered MYLR7 and haven’t changed configuration at all. I’m tired of being in limbo, but hoping it bodes well for a Texas made Y.

I had to reject my original delivery set for June 10 due to inability to pick up a Tesla in Texas and register it in my state. My delivery date now says TBD. Has anyone had this issue? If so, do you know how soon after your delivery date updated?

My specs:
MYLR, grey exterior, black interior, 19' wheels, OD: 01/20

I ordered Jan 27th, first range was August, then in May was contacted to arrange pre-delivery for 2-4 weeks out, then the dates were pushed to Nov-Jan and now have been stuck at Dec-Feb for quite sometime. Ordered MYLR7 and haven’t changed configuration at all. I’m tired of being in limbo, but hoping it bodes well for a Texas made Y.
I feel ya frustration. I ordered Jan 28th, 7 seater too. Now EDD pushed to Sept 18- Oct 30. I feel like it may now arrive late Oct to early Nov. that pushes to 8-9 month delivery…ugh. Im watching the Oct, Nov & Dec orders waiting for their deliveries now thru Oct. we will see.

Reactions: Gary.F
I ordered my car in January and just got pick up notification. I live in Louisiana and scheduled pick up in Texas. My delivery is set for this weekend. A Tesla representative just told me it is against Texas law to pick up a car in Texas and register it in Louisiana. Is this true? Can’t find it anywhere on the internet.
Had the same thing happen to me my delivery was on June 30 and they only gave me one day to get the finances and registration stuff ready. Then 3 hours before the delivery they canceled my order because i live in New Mexico. And the home address they used for me was their own Tesla facility where the vehicle was be delivered too. Now instead of driving 30 minutes to the one in Texas i have to drive 10 hours to pick up in Colorado. My new edd is Oct 25 -Dec 5. I have tried messaging and calling them to fix their mistake and make sure i get my order in colorado quicker than those who ordered after me and none them seem to help. All they say is sorry for the inconvenience

Also the law is that since Tesla is not a dealership they dont fall under the same rules and restrictions for buying cars in Texas..