Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the exact same OD, I am currently sitting at Oct 9 ~ Nov 20, I have a MYLR5, White/Blk, 20" + EAP added last month.

From my observations on previous trends, we will most likely get to pick up our cars towards the end of quarter push (a Tesla tradition) in September. So keep your hopes high to see a bump in the coming weeks!
That is exactly what I was thinking: let's be part of the, "End of the quarter Craziness" (or whatever Elon usually calls it)! We'll both think positive. All these months of tension in the Tesla Lottery can't be good for one's health!

Hey guys. Just had a reality check. Thought my order date was Dec. 14, 2021, which is not the "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" of January 12, 2022. Suppose I have a new crib to chill until my estimated delivery date of August 29 - October 03.
My general opinion is that by the end of September (3rd quarter) would be a hopeful month.

Reactions: Gary.F and MODEVIL
Same here on multiple EDDs. I was really excited to get a two week window but it hasn’t helped me so far. I just get pushed out within the first day or two of my window.
I guess the windows don't mean anything until we are contacted by Tesla to setup delivery. When our deliveries change, I wish they would give some kind of reason. But the hope is in that they are now shipping more and more out of Austin, so that is one good sign, I guess. At least mine has been moving closer.

Reactions: Gingerturtle
I guess the windows don't mean anything until we are contacted by Tesla to setup delivery. When our deliveries change, I wish they would give some kind of reason. But the hope is in that they are now shipping more and more out of Austin, so that is one good sign, I guess. At least mine has been moving closer.
Getting closer is definitely good. I was contacted on 7/8 and they wanted to confirm trade in. SA said that I would have my car within 2-3 weeks, so I was hopeful and then super disappointed when it moved out again. We’ve waited this long, so trying to not be frustrated and just hope the car is worth it.

Reactions: Gary.F
Getting closer is definitely good. I was contacted on 7/8 and they wanted to confirm trade in. SA said that I would have my car within 2-3 weeks, so I was hopeful and then super disappointed when it moved out again. We’ve waited this long, so trying to not be frustrated and just hope the car is worth it.
I'm sure the car will be well worth it. But the purchase process of waiting is frustrating as you say. What really gets me is how they treat the MYLR versus the MYP. Nothing should be priority over something else. It should be as to when someone orders it. I do understand if they do a run of MYLR and then a run of MYP or visa versa. But to move a MYP ahead of MYLR is just wrong. I've seen where those switching from MYLR to MYP, just get theirs within a couple of weeks and mine gets pushed back. Then they bring in the MY Standard. That took priority over the MYLRs too. So wrong on all levels. Another version should never have been brought in until they catch up on what they already have orders for.

Reactions: Gingerturtle
I'm sure the car will be well worth it. But the purchase process of waiting is frustrating as you say. What really gets me is how they treat the MYLR versus the MYP. Nothing should be priority over something else. It should be as to when someone orders it. I do understand if they do a run of MYLR and then a run of MYP or visa versa. But to move a MYP ahead of MYLR is just wrong. I've seen where those switching from MYLR to MYP, just get theirs within a couple of weeks and mine gets pushed back. Then they bring in the MY Standard. That took priority over the MYLRs too. So wrong on all levels. Another version should never have been brought in until they catch up on what they already have orders for.
I don't think the Model Y standard was intentional. I think the 4680s turned out to be less than expected, and Tesla was trying to make a 4680 Model Y with about 330 miles of range.

I don't think the Model Y standard was intentional. I think the 4680s turned out to be less than expected, and Tesla was trying to make a 4680 Model Y with about 330 miles of range.
You might be completely right. I have no idea. But what I do know is how they treat the MYLR buyers is not right when it comes to production and delivery. I ordered a car from Ford years back and got it in less than 6 weeks. They had a lot more options to choose from then Tesla does making the production more difficult.

Just got bumped back to Oct 1 - Nov 12. ☹️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-092317_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-092317_Tesla.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 104
  • Disagree
Reactions: FLTessie
I am sorry to hear that. It sounds like a lot of orders for 7-seaters are getting pushed back. I wish Tesla would let us know what the upcoming batches were, or the schedule for batches.
Right. I remember when ordering, 5 or 7 seater made no impact on EDD but 19/20” wheels made a 1-2 month swing. Wonder how much of the delta is supply chain issues versus manufacturing prioritization, batch efficiency, etc. I have 4 kids, so there’s no entertaining switching to 5 seater.