Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Y this morning. A few notes:

This is my fourth Tesla (2014 SP85, 2016 X90D, 2020 X LR+ previously). It's got the best fit and finish of any of my previous vehicles, at least upon initial inspection. It is also the quietest from a road noise perspective. Visibility is better across the board compared to any of those.

Ride quality seems perfectly fine to me but is definitely not as plush as my air suspension rides in the other cars. No instrument cluster display is an adjustment that I'm sure will be fine after I get used to it but I can tell you I definitely prefer having an IC. I like the navigation map that's displayed behind the wheel much better than the overhead map on the center display. I also like having my trip display front and center since I'm kind of weird about efficiency.

Fremont build - yes, matrix headlights. No, cargo shelf or ledge.

I drop it off tomorrow first thing for full front PPF and ceramic, as this is intended to be a mountain trip car for heading up to Tahoe regularly.

Good luck all of you with upcoming deliveries, hope you're as happy as I am.

A quick update on my Fremont-built MYLR that I picked up on 9/2. The inside driver’s side automatic door release randomly refuses to open the door. I’ve had to open the window while inside the car and pull the outside door handle to open it. I’ve tried a system reboot, but it did not resolve the issue. My service appointment is not until October 6. ☹️

A quick update on my Fremont-built MYLR that I picked up on 9/2. The inside driver’s side automatic door release randomly refuses to open the door. I’ve had to open the window while inside the car and pull the outside door handle to open it. I’ve tried a system reboot, but it did not resolve the issue. My service appointment is not until October 6. ☹️
Sorry to hear that. Didn't the emergency door release work? You know, the one down by the window switches.

I’m trying not to use the manual emergency release, because I read that repeated use can damage the upper door seal. If I use it, I’ll have to remember to open the window slightly like it does when the automatic release is used.
The windows drop now, when you use the emergency release. Unlike before. I just went out and tried it.

I could be mistaken but I've heard that since a recent SW update, the window now 'drops' when that mechanical handle is used (as long as there is juice in the battery). Is this true?
I didn’t realize the update now drops when the mechanical handle is used. I must have missed it in the release notes. I can try it the next time the auto release doesn’t work.

Reactions: Dopey44
Thanks for confirming. I'm running update 2022.28.1. Is that the update that now drops the window when using the emergency release?
I don’t know which update started that. I updated yesterday to the 2022.28.1. So it could be that release. Didn’t check until today. Haven’t read anything about it in the release notes. But then not everything is put in the release notes.

Reactions: BarryC7
What is the deal with these Model Ys at Austin that aren't being lined up to go on a truck? Are they waiting for an inspection? Or charging?

Also, it looks like all the Models Ys that were lined up to go on trucks are gone.
According to Joe Tegtmeyer's drone videos, there's a new holding lot on the east side side of the factory. However, those cars are quickly being trucked up to the new railroad terminal 20 miles north. So, we're not going to see much car buildup any more.

Reactions: PaulSeivert
Nice! Congrats

What is your interior spec?
Black, 5-seater -- no contact about delivery yet, aside from the mobile connector credit.

I placed the order for the connector. There was some confusion earlier when I spoke with Tesla about whether it comes with the NEMA 14-50 adapter. Did anyone who got their mobile connector recently see that it's included? It's listed as part of what's included on the shop.

Picked up my Y this morning. A few notes:

This is my fourth Tesla (2014 SP85, 2016 X90D, 2020 X LR+ previously). It's got the best fit and finish of any of my previous vehicles, at least upon initial inspection. It is also the quietest from a road noise perspective. Visibility is better across the board compared to any of those.

Ride quality seems perfectly fine to me but is definitely not as plush as my air suspension rides in the other cars. No instrument cluster display is an adjustment that I'm sure will be fine after I get used to it but I can tell you I definitely prefer having an IC. I like the navigation map that's displayed behind the wheel much better than the overhead map on the center display. I also like having my trip display front and center since I'm kind of weird about efficiency.

Fremont build - yes, matrix headlights. No, cargo shelf or ledge.

I drop it off tomorrow first thing for full front PPF and ceramic, as this is intended to be a mountain trip car for heading up to Tahoe regularly.

Good luck all of you with upcoming deliveries, hope you're as happy as I am.
Congrats and enjoy. I would usually have the trip meter on my dash display in MS. I just looked at the owners manual and looks like it can be pulled up in control screen. After 9+ years of free charging, I had some Supercharger sticker shock today. I had to pee so stopped at the Halifax SC to do that and squeegee the windshield (only SC I’ve ever visited with these!) Added 72 miles of range while I did this and cost $9.00! Yikes, that sounds like gasoline pricing!

Congrats and enjoy. I would usually have the trip meter on my dash display in MS. I just looked at the owners manual and looks like it can be pulled up in control screen. After 9+ years of free charging, I had some Supercharger sticker shock today. I had to pee so stopped at the Halifax SC to do that and squeegee the windshield (only SC I’ve ever visited with these!) Added 72 miles of range while I did this and cost $9.00! Yikes, that sounds like gasoline pricing!
$9 for 72 miles?! That sounds like roughly $0.50/kwh, which sounds really expensive. I thought Superchargers were usually around $0.25/kwh.

Reactions: hamsterjam
$9 for 72 miles?! That sounds like roughly $0.50/kwh, which sounds really expensive. I thought Superchargers were usually around $0.25/kwh.
I used a supercharger two days ago as my home unit was installed yesterday and I just wanted to try it. See photo below....$.46 for me here in Illinois.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-055646_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220920-055646_Tesla.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 73