Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 06/01 . MYP Black/White . I got the VIN which starts F512. It seems like it doesn’t come with the new door panel . 23Aug is my DD. I don’t want to get it if it’s the old version on doors. What should I do for that ? Any idea?

I ordered 06/01 . MYP Black/White . I got the VIN which starts F512. It seems like it doesn’t come with the new door panel . 23Aug is my DD. I don’t want to get it if it’s the old version on doors. What should I do for that ? Any idea?
Didn't track the VIN for the new door panels. My VIN starts at F521. Does it mean old door panels too?

No you can tell them you want to put the current order on hold and they'll unassign the VIN and put your account in a hold state. You then have the option to remove the hold when you're ready to take delivery and they'll assign you a new VIN.
How long I can hold my order ? I might get the new door trim and 2023 model with this way . And also I can get some result from tax credit I guess

How long I can hold my order ? I might get the new door trim and 2023 model with this way . And also I can get some result from tax credit I guess
You can hold your order up to a month I believe. Once you put it on hold, when you go to the Tesla site and the manage page for your Model Y there will be a button that says "I'm Ready" which if you click you'll be taken off of the hold.

Last edited:
You can hold your order up to a month I believe. Once you put it on hold, when you go to the Tesla site and the manage page for your Model Y there will be a button that says "I'm Ready" which if you click you'll be taken off of the hold.
But my wife set the delivery date . I guess I can hold only 3 days after this point right?

But my wife set the delivery date . I guess I can hold only 3 days after this point right?
People reject cars when they go see them at delivery day. So you can certainly still reject the VIN. Usually people get a new VIN within a couple weeks from the posts I've read on here. I'd do it. I'm sure there are lots of customers (probably the majority) who have no clue about new trim or headlights and will take your current VIN without ever knowing they missed out.

You can talk to the SA and say you want to hold your reservation and they'll cancel the delivery date and unassign the VIN. Also the VIN isn't a great indicator on what door panels you get since the VIN isn't sequential. It's best to ask when your car was built.
I went to Tesla dealership and saw my myp w old door trim and unassigned vin . Waiting On a 4day window.