Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the car has been delivered.

Glad to report everything went smooth. Home delivery. Guy seemed friendly enough. Didnt expect much from him so I didn’t ask much. Exterior checklist ready I start looking over the car. No real big alignment issues aside from the passenger rear tail light being a little off. Paint looked good in some key spots. Stepping back the car looked freaking amazing! They washed it and gave it a quick detail with some tire shine. Quickly realized I was taking this car and I put the checklist aside. Got the text to accept delivery. Handed the check over and away went the delivery guy. He mentioned people having a slight delay in their app, but mine connected and let me in right away. Loaded the car seat and took a spin with the lady. Interior all seems to align. Runs amazing. Tons to learn. I’ll keep pushing buttons and report back at some point with a before and after of my DIY PPF.
Congrats!

I am too scared to get home delivery as I worry something might happen during the drive to my home.
What checklist did you use for inspecting new car.
Kudos to you for DIY ppf. My wife doesn’t want me to do any diy so I have to shell out $$ 😃

I received a text to schedule my delivery moments before I was about to board my flight. Was given 7th, 8th, and 9th as options. But I do not get back til the 10th. Reached out to my rep and was told to book anyways and they will adjust. So she put me at 9/11 at 2pm. I'm super excited.
I'm financing through navy federal and since I'm out of the country and picking up on a Sunday I asked them to mail the check to my home so I'll have it ready for delivery.
OD:6/16
White/white, no tow, no FSD
Vin assigned 8/28
Schedule delivery text 8/29
Delivery Day 9/11
Location Ft Worth Tx

I received a text to schedule my delivery moments before I was about to board my flight. Was given 7th, 8th, and 9th as options. But I do not get back til the 10th. Reached out to my rep and was told to book anyways and they will adjust. So she put me at 9/11 at 2pm. I'm super excited.
I'm financing through navy federal and since I'm out of the country and picking up on a Sunday I asked them to mail the check to my home so I'll have it ready for delivery.
Vin assigned 8/28
Delivery Day 9/11
Location Ft Worth Tx
My credit union mailed the check straight to Tesla.

Reactions: theoscarguy
Delivery day!

Not so smooth. The car came with all the updates and a free charger. Unfortunately also with a bunch of dings and scratches they’re working on now.
That’s what happened with me. I should see how well Tesla fixes things. The Tesla center told me that all cars that leave their center have met Tesla “specs”. Not sure what that really means. But no free charger.

That’s what happened with me. I should see how well Tesla fixes things. The Tesla center told me that all cars that leave their center have met Tesla “specs”. Not sure what that really means. But no free charger.
They did a really great job. The scratches weren’t huge and most of them are okay now. They replaced a rim and I’ll get the other one replaced too, all in all a good experience.
086845B6-805B-40A3-A787-7C0DED00E5DD.jpeg

Reactions: Tesbel and YNoVA
Congrats!

I am too scared to get home delivery as I worry something might happen during the drive to my home.
What checklist did you use for inspecting new car.
Kudos to you for DIY ppf. My wife doesn’t want me to do any diy so I have to shell out $$ 😃
Yeh it’s definitely DIYable especially if you like taking apart cars. I’ve wrapped/PPF’d a hand full of cars, always my own. Anyone can get it done and it always takes longer than you think.

I would probably avoid sending the check to Tesla directly before inspecting the vehicle.
They said I had to mail the check before delivery so how would this work?
This is the text I received

"After you have finalized your loan, please reply to the email we have sent you with your lender's proof of payment. Please sign the front and back of the lender's check, and then email us photos of the front and back of the check as well as the tracking number used to ship the check to our Fremont, CA address. As we cannot accept checks at time of delivery in the state of Texas, it must be mailed to us prior to delivery. Please check your spam or junk folders if you do not see our email in your inbox within the next few minutes. Thank you."

They said I had to mail the check before delivery so how would this work?
This is the text I received

"After you have finalized your loan, please reply to the email we have sent you with your lender's proof of payment. Please sign the front and back of the lender's check, and then email us photos of the front and back of the check as well as the tracking number used to ship the check to our Fremont, CA address. As we cannot accept checks at time of delivery in the state of Texas, it must be mailed to us prior to delivery. Please check your spam or junk folders if you do not see our email in your inbox within the next few minutes. Thank you."
Same instructions to me in terms of payment. My local credit union just gave me a letter of approval which I was supposed to sign before Tesla rep at the time of delivery. I called local delivery center and they asked me to send a scanned copy of that letter. On the day of delivery, I just signed the document(Not check) and took the delivery. Tesla will later send that signed document back to the local Credit union and get the payment wired. Your text is more of a generalized text.

I also wanted to share a few thoughts about not taking delivery. I had to accept delivery terms before they would even show me my car. They shared that they have to have you take delivery first, and then everything that’s not okay can and will be addressed at no extra charge. The rep was very clear about that they do have some qa issues they’re working on but they won’t make that any clients’ problem. I took a plunge and trusted him, and I’m glad I did.

So not taking delivery doesn’t really seem to make sense in that context but will just create more problems because the next “VIN” could be worse. I’m sure some will agree with me on this and some won’t. Would it be better if they’d get it right before they deliver? Absolutely, but it’s not the reality in 08/2022. But they will make it right and that’s all that matters to me personally.

Reactions: theoscarguy
I would probably avoid sending the check to Tesla directly before inspecting the vehicle.
I also wanted to share a few thoughts about not taking delivery. I had to accept delivery terms before they would even show me my car. They shared that they have to have you take delivery first, and then everything that’s not okay can and will be addressed at no extra charge. The rep was very clear about that they do have some qa issues they’re working on but they won’t make that any clients’ problem. I took a plunge and trusted him, and I’m glad I did.

So not taking delivery doesn’t really seem to make sense in that context but will just create more problems because the next “VIN” could be worse. I’m sure some will agree with me on this and some won’t. Would it be better if they’d get it right before they deliver? Absolutely, but it’s not the reality in 08/2022. But they will make it right and that’s all that matters to me personally.
I wonder if this is a location specific thing. I have seen delivery videos on YouTube and almost always those guys are inspecting first before accepting

Reactions: JohnNE
Vin assigned 8/28
Delivery Day 9/11
Location Ft Worth Tx
👍 I'm glad you received the text from Tesla SC already as I'm still waiting on it. I got the VIN on 8/28 as well (ordered on 6/8, MYP/Red/no/no) and pretty sure both of our cars were on the same train except to different SC (Ft worth/Plano). My current (7th) EDD is 9/7-9/11, not sure when I'll get the text really but the last 3 months feels longer than my first S back in 2012 which I waited for almost a year...

OD 6/26 Northern California
MYP | MSM | White| No FSD | No Tow

EDD1: August - October
EDD2: 07/03 - 07/14 (Got a text/call from a SA on (06/29) about trade in and car being around the corner to be delivered *was very excited lol*)
EDD3: 09/11 - 10/23
EDD4: 09/13 - 10/18
EDD5: 09/16 - 10/14

I was surprised that an SA was texting me about the car being delivered soon after 3 days of ordering but that never actually came true lol. Had my hopes up for a bit. Just patiently waiting now.

EDD update. I've not changed anything on the original config:

OD 6/27/22
MYLR | white with black interior | 19" | 5 seats | no FSD or tow
EDD at order: Apr - July 2023
EDD update 1 on 7/28: Mar 14 - May 9, 2023
EDD update 2 on 9/1: Dec 2022