Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a solid black new face S60 from Melbourne centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Baby Pizza sounds good, will get a charge too! Yes Paul, just checked the owners manual online and I see their recommendation not to fit covers due to the side airbags possibly snagging on them. Maybe there is some spray treatment I can get like you can get for fabric sofas which waterproofs the fibers and stops them staining.

Have you looked into 303 Aerospace Protectant ? Also non-leather option is great I here, I also went for this on my 90D

Just had the walk through of my car yesterday at Richmond and th interior looks great. The cloth seats actually look, feel and even smell like leather! They are saying Tuesday for delivery now as they are still waiting for VicRoads approval for the new 60's. Car was still not on software 8.0 so there seems to be no special fast track for updates for their in house cars. We could not get the Bluetooth to find my iPhone but I worked it out eventually, you have got to put the phone into the centre console. Will look into that 303 product, thanks Fetzco.

Here are so photos if they work.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 60
Just had the walk through of my car yesterday at Richmond and th interior looks great. The cloth seats actually look, feel and even smell like leather! They are saying Tuesday for delivery now as they are still waiting for VicRoads approval for the new 60's. Car was still not on software 8.0 so there seems to be no special fast track for updates for their in house cars. We could not get the Bluetooth to find my iPhone but I worked it out eventually, you have got to put the phone into the centre console. Will look into that 303 product, thanks Fetzco.
Do you mean Tuesday next week? Starting to feel like a bit of a balls up to me. Didn't the 75 and the 60 get announced at a similar time? The 75 is already approved. Since I ordered the car at the end of June you would think that their month turn around for approval would be done by now. I will have already paid a full month on my financing before the car is even registered. It's killing me slowly.

Do you mean Tuesday next week? Starting to feel like a bit of a balls up to me. Didn't the 75 and the 60 get announced at a similar time? The 75 is already approved. Since I ordered the car at the end of June you would think that their month turn around for approval would be done by now. I will have already paid a full month on my financing before the car is even registered. It's killing me slowly.

You're not supposed to start paying for the car until you receive delivery??

You're not supposed to start paying for the car until you receive delivery??
Yes, problem is the finance company accidentally hit go on the finance which we could have reversed but since I was due to take the car in just a few days I let it go. Then the car was delivered to me on a truck but it's still not yet able to be registered and that date keeps slipping. Initially it was just a matter of a few days and now it will be almost a month.

Xwing yes they now said Tuesday next week. They were going to truck mine as I have paid and then they changed their minds as VicRoads told them the car cannot be insured without plates so make sure yours is secure. It is a bit of a stuff up to be honest. Delivery Tuesday also is if everything goes to plan; they admitted it could be pushed back again. Maybe we should negotiate some free accessories to compensate - mine was due two weeks ago according to the original sales man. Have my eye on the rubber boot mats.

Xwing yes they now said Tuesday next week. They were going to truck mine as I have paid and then they changed their minds as VicRoads told them the car cannot be insured without plates so make sure yours is secure. It is a bit of a stuff up to be honest. Delivery Tuesday also is if everything goes to plan; they admitted it could be pushed back again. Maybe we should negotiate some free accessories to compensate - mine was due two weeks ago according to the original sales man. Have my eye on the rubber boot mats.
I'm pretty sure the vehicle can be insured still without the registration but obvioulsy not driven. I've ensured with Tesla so would be an interesting scenario but one I do not want to go through! Car is secure but it's certainly not an ideal situation. I think they are caught between wanting to please us, not wanting to hold the vehicles themselves and then the general BS bureaucracy that goes on around here. Seriously how long does it take to process this stuff?

I'm pretty sure the vehicle can be insured still without the registration but obvioulsy not driven. I've ensured with Tesla so would be an interesting scenario but one I do not want to go through! Car is secure but it's certainly not an ideal situation. I think they are caught between wanting to please us, not wanting to hold the vehicles themselves and then the general BS bureaucracy that goes on around here. Seriously how long does it take to process this stuff?

Maybe a complimentary CHAdeMO adaptor after that uncertainty.

The rubber boot mats probably cost $5 to make so I wouldn't feel too guilty about bagging a free set! Didn't insure my Tesla ask for the plate numbers? Also what day have they told you now for delivery?
Yep fair call. I already have my plates so that part was easy. I haven't heard anything more since I was last told Monday the 3rd. Could be that they are expecting it by COB Monday which for pick up would be Tuesday. Really hoping it's Friday though. Rubber boot mats would be a good call for the dog too.

Just got an email saying delivery due today will be delayed again until at least next week due to Australian design rules not being approved for the new 60. So best case scenario delivery will be 5 weeks late for me and they already have the entire money. I think they should have told me before buying the car it was not yet approved for use in Australia. What did you get told XWing?

Last edited:
Just got an email saying delivery due today will be delayed again until at least next week due to Australian design rules not being approved for the new 60. So best case scenario delivery will be 5 weeks late for me and they already have the entire money. I think they should have told me before buying the car it was not yet approved for use in Australia. What did you get told XWing?

Wow very bizarre - are you going to raise a dispute?

You need to be pushing for something here. Does the software update to the S75 make it road legal?

Reactions: Xwing and TesAus
I spoke to James on Thursday and was told that they still didn't know when but because of the public holiday on Monday it could be held up. I haven't heard anything since but up until reading jon's post I was thinking that it would be tomorow at the latest. There has definitely been a balls up somewhere along the line. Haven't heard of this ever happening before. Maybe someone forgot to put the paper work in! I've got a long trip planned this weekend for it and I'll be really disappointed if I can't tKe the tesla.

Hey FetzCo apologies for not sending you a pick of the plates, I did try but it was dark and I couldn't get a pic of the black plate on the midnight metallic silver to show up