Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What, you got 17.42 and it didn't fix HomeLink? I got it on Saturday and HomeLink has been flawless since.
Maybe so, but this wasn’t the release that was supposed to fix it. In fact I called Tesla yesterday about another issue and they had a canned message at the beginning of the call referencing the Homelink issue and their plans to fix it soon. I then talked to local service center and they repeated the canned message saying next week was the target date for a fix.

• Love
Reactions: calisnow
17.42.1 is definitely rolling out. Hopefully it speeds up!
Hopefully, but TeslaFi is telling an interesting story:

Based on their 800 something fleet, 17.42 rolled out on 10/21 to about 17 cars (all AP2 or AP2.5). It then seemed to stop as issues with SAS and Steering assist were discovered. Then 17.42.1 appeared on 10/23 and only rolled out to about 7 AP2 and AP2.5 cars so far. You would think that would be the main rollout, but then, 17.42 started to roll out again on 10/23 and at this point has overtaken 17.42.1. HOWEVER, it is now only rolling out to AP1 and AP2 cars (so far). So it appears that the problem with 17.42 appears to affect only AP2.5 cars and they are continuing with the rollout for AP1 and AP2 cars.

(This is what happens when Tesla doesn't provide any info and people are forced to dig up scraps of data and speculate :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Prefect
Hopefully, but TeslaFi is telling an interesting story:

Based on their 800 something fleet, 17.42 rolled out on 10/21 to about 17 cars (all AP2 or AP2.5). It then seemed to stop as issues with SAS and Steering assist were discovered. Then 17.42.1 appeared on 10/23 and only rolled out to about 7 AP2 and AP2.5 cars so far. You would think that would be the main rollout, but then, 17.42 started to roll out again on 10/23 and at this point has overtaken 17.42.1. HOWEVER, it is now only rolling out to AP1 and AP2 cars (so far). So it appears that the problem with 17.42 appears to affect only AP2.5 cars and they are continuing with the rollout for AP1 and AP2 cars.

(This is what happens when Tesla doesn't provide any info and people are forced to dig up scraps of data and speculate :rolleyes:)
That may be what they did... the issues may have been only for AP2.5 (which makes sense talking about the 'missing hardware') so they are using 17.42.1 for 'us' on AP2.5 and keeping on using 17.42 for 'the rest of you. :D

Not sure why not just use 17.42.1 for everyone, but probably because it's been tested, um, less.....

Karpathy continues to accelerate the pace of releases.

Homelink is fixed in 17.42, but it breaks the Steering and SAS for AP2.5 cars... the canned message is just that, so you don't talk to anyone. :D
Hmm...The technician I talked to in Fremont yesterday said Homelink fix was still being worked on and the local service center said the same thing — and that next week was target date. Odd that users seem to be saying the opposite is true.

Hmm...The technician I talked to in Fremont yesterday said Homelink fix was still being worked on and the local service center said the same thing — and that next week was target date. Odd that users seem to be saying the opposite is true.
Weird we were told 17.41 was the fix. Of course there are other issues with it, like Close on Leaving doesn't work 100%.

I am still on the original .42, but the suspension error is gone and not recurring. Wondering whether something happened under the covers that didn't require a new version? Or maybe the issue is transient and I just haven't triggered the condition again?

I am still on the original .42, but the suspension error is gone and not recurring. Wondering whether something happened under the covers that didn't require a new version? Or maybe the issue is transient and I just haven't triggered the condition again?
Exactly. When I had the Steering issue, and had to restart the car, it only happened once. Same for the original complete failure (Steering, Air Bags, Sensors, FWD, where they had the car for a week to tie down what it was). Some of these things take a rare combinations of events to trigger. Which is why/how they get past QA in the first place.

If you have an AP2.5 car, I think you need 17.42.1.

Is there a way to tell which firmware version is waiting to install, before I actually install it? I didn’t install the firmware that I was first notified about on 10/19/17 because of the reported Homelink problems. I keep getting reminded to update the firmware evertime I get into my 75S AP1 and I’m not sure if the reminder is for the 10/19/17 firmware version or a newer version that may have corrected the Homelink problem.

Is there a way to tell which firmware version is waiting to install, before I actually install it? I didn’t install the firmware that I was first notified about on 10/19/17 because of the reported Homelink problems. I keep getting reminded to update the firmware evertime I get into my 75S AP1 and I’m not sure if the reminder is for the 10/19/17 firmware version or a newer version that may have corrected the Homelink problem.
It is said that newer versions over write previous versions if they have not been installed. I have no way of knowing if this is true.