Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does that compare with you're X windshield? We're pretty sun adverse too, and after test-driving the pano Model S, opted for the solid roof.

Just slightly better since it is a bit more darker and it is directly over your head instead of face but I still don't like it.

The weather is 95 outside currently so this is an extreme test. I am not even driving the S as a result

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Don't like the panoramic roof on my loaner 2013 P85
I have a 2013 85 with the panoramic roof and I hate it. I don't know if it lets more heat in than the X or if it's just because it's closer to my head, but with the 100+ heat here in central California, it's annoying at best!

Also, this is my first real experience with a Model S and I have to say I love the Model X MUCH BETTER. Now I realize this is a 2013, but I can't imagine there are that many ergonomic changes since then that will change my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I have a 2013 85 with the panoramic roof and I hate it. I don't know if it lets more heat in than the X or if it's just because it's closer to my head, but with the 100+ heat here in central California, it's annoying at best!

Also, this is my first real experience with a Model S and I have to say I love the Model X MUCH BETTER. Now I realize this is a 2013, but I can't imagine there are that many ergonomic changes since then that will change my opinion.

Yea for some reason this loaner S feels like crap even though it is the P85 the new S's at the Tesla store and my X is much nicer.

Reactions: Phil Seastrand
Got my X yesterday. Got the sunshade. Feel silly/dumb, but can't figure it out. Is it for the top of the windshield while driving to reduce heat from the roof or for when the car is parked for the front to block sun? It doesn't fit well for either application? I would imagine tesla would have a perfect fit/alignment for the sunshade.

Figured there's nobody better to ask then the captain!

Reactions: K-MTG
Got my X yesterday. Got the sunshade. Feel silly/dumb, but can't figure it out. Is it for the top of the windshield while driving to reduce heat from the roof or for when the car is parked for the front to block sun? It doesn't fit well for either application? I would imagine tesla would have a perfect fit/alignment for the sunshade.

Figured there's nobody better to ask then the captain!

I'm not the captain -- but my Norwegian grandfather captained several Merchant Marines cargo vessels.

It is for the top of the windshield to reduce light and heat from the roof - not for the front when parked. For that application, a 3rd party company makes sunscreens that block out 100% of the light and UV for the front, top, FWD tops, side windows, etc. They can be purchased as a set or individually. Two options are available: silver or gold mylar(?) film on the exterior.

Here's photos of the new sunshade my neighbor received today with her factory delivery center X 90D:

Model X Sunshade!

I'm not the captain -- but my Norwegian grandfather captained several Merchant Marines cargo vessels.

It is for the top of the windshield to reduce light and heat from the roof - not for the front when parked. For that application, a 3rd party company makes sunscreens that block out 100% of the light and UV for the front, top, FWD tops, side windows, etc. They can be purchased as a set or individually. Two options are available: silver or gold mylar(?) film on the exterior.

Here's photos of the new sunshade my neighbor received today with her factory delivery center X 90D:

Model X Sunshade!
Tesla sunshade fits nice and is easy to take up/down, and I welcome not blocking 100%. I leave mine in unless I get to the mountains or somewhere we wanna be looking up and around.
IMG_9278.JPG