Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a little Bootie out of some old bluescreen material to protect my fob. I have ordered some 2mm neoprene to improve on the design.
8382994694_7e0d6a73e7_c.jpg

All button can be pressed through the fabric.

Made a little Bootie out of some old bluescreen material to protect my fob. I have ordered some 2mm neoprene to improve on the design.

I bet Microsoft would like to know where all the 'bluescreen material' has been hiding all these years. Maybe some kind of exterminator spray could be applied? And might having this toxic material inside your Model-S potentially induce "blue screen of death" reboots? :(

All button can be pressed through the fabric.
Seriously? To each his own I guess, but cushioned protectors for keyfobs (with the extra pocket bulk) seems overkill to me personally. (and I kinda like the look of our little sleek black Model S toy...)
But I guess I'm not one to talk as I started this thread and have bought multiple types of lanyards and cords for mine. :smile:

Hm, maybe I should get mine laminated -- waterproofing! ;)

Shokunin in this post above nailed it:
Oh great, now we need paint armor for the key fob.. :tongue:
'

I found it hysterical... but what do you want to bet someone going to ask their service adviser for scraps of paint armor for them to put on their fob. I know it's coming. I hope it's full coverage, not just partial hood.

I don't carry any keys other than the MS fob - problem solved. ;-)

I bought some similar lanyards at Michael's the other day. But I too am thinking I won't carry around any other keys.

I always had my car key on it's own ring. I keep my keys in the car, so they are always with me. I think my house key may join the rest and not make it back into my pocket.