Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOT Tesla Related, but Battery Tech Related, Interesting Concept, but Poor Execution and misleading advertising to the point of being a Scam... Shame as if they were truthful, it **Does** Work to boost voltages.

Batteriser / Batteroo Unboxing & Tests Is it a SCAM? PART 1
---------------- Warning, slow boring video. Part 2 is better.
I love Gadgets, I love Tech. So when I saw this product on Indegogo, I thought I'd give it a try. The concept behind it is something I've thought about myself over the years, and finally someone has Implemented it. Too bad, that instead of biting the bullet and accepting that the product does not meet pretty much any of it's claims, they decided to LIE and sell it anyways.... (I have a pending charge-back, as Batteroo won't respond to any of my emails or contact requests).
In this Part 1, I take some voltage readings and attempt to try the product in some toys, flashlight, and my computer mouse. Unfortunately, it does not go quite as planned.
Part 2 I put two NEW batteries, side by side in my Battery Cell benchmark testing equipment, and at it's lowest setting (Which should yield the most favorable results for the Batteroo) do a 200mAh drain test to see how much actual power I can take out of each cell.

In Part 1, I tested the Batteroo in some toys, flashlight and mouse. It didn't quite live up to expectations. Here in Part 2, I put the Batteroo in my Battery Cell analyzer next to a battery that has no Batteroo. Both batteries are New Straight from the exact same package. The analyzer has a pre-determined cut-off voltage (The point where the analyzer thinks the battery is dead).
I run each battery at 200mah. This is the lowest setting for my Analyzer. This also should allow the most possible power to be taken from each battery.
If the Batteroo is to work, it "Should" work best in this situation, as it's Voltage boosting theoretically should keep it above the chargers cut-off longer. Unfortunately, that was not the reality. In the end, the battery without the Batteroo was able to be used "Longer".
Something I didn't think of until after this video, was to test the Batteroo battery without the batteroo after the system shut off. I can report, that once the Batteroo was removed, I got approximately an additional 100 mAh out of that battery!!!

In the end, the batteroo did the OPPOSITE of what it was "designed" to do.

Your use case is certainly stressful on the battery. That's two cars you've owned that have different than average degradation.

Meanwhile our Tesla has 97% original capacity after 5 years...
My first one's range held very well. In the end, the fluctuations, I attribute to so many software changes while Tesla was trying to "figure things out". But every time in the end, range came back. Returned to tesla with 211 Rated Miles. Compared to my 90D, my old MS60's battery was beat to heck. My 90D's battery is babied. Most charges on my MS60 were 100%. Not because I could, but because I needed the power. Superchargers were few and far between back then :) Actually, any Public station at all for that matter.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric

Dropped back down again. In addition, new firmware update (The Santa Christmas one) has reduced my charge rates at supercharger yet again. Immediately prior to this update, I could hold 90kW charge rate through 60%, now I'm in the 80kW range before hitting 50%. Just another nail in the coffin for the boondoggle called the "90kWh Battery". Tesla really screwed up these 90 packs. If you think this is a one off thing, go to Tesla Motors Club, and see all the threads of all the degradation problems, charge rate problems and more on the 90's. At this rate, I estimate I'll have the equivalent of the kWh pack in terms of capacity as well by summer. And of course, Tesla says this is "Normal" and my pack is wearing better then other 90's. If that's the case, it's really sad that other 90
s are worse then mine!

Black Friday brings out the worst in many people. These ICE Holes are no exception. Each and every ICE Hole shown at the end of this video, was politely approached. to attempt to explain the supercharger stalls are for charging of electric vehicles only. I was met with hostility. As such, I have no problems shaming these people.
Spaces were properly labeled as Tesla Charging Only, and not shared parking spaces.

The more i I see this sort of behavior the more i am thinking about learning those a...holes a lesson. Buy some cheap wheel clamps and clamp those wheels and throw away the keys :p:cool:

So I actually tried it! I used the Bitmain Antminer S9, which is currently the most efficient publicly available Bitcoin miner, at at ~0.1 Joule per GH/s. The unit I use, is capable of ~13.5TH/s, and is 2.5x more efficient then the previous generation of Antminers, the S7.
( Get your own Antminer S9 Here: https://goo.gl/bQDdvY )
(Support my channel by mining Monero here: Support KmanAuto )

I connect the Antminer S9 to the Model S via a 12v to 240v power inverter.
Ideally, one would prefer to tap into the high voltage battery pack directly. This poses a couple problems however. 1; where to connect. The High Voltage battery is only connected and online when the vehicle is charging, in use, or the car is charging the 12v Aux battery. 2; The voltage of the main battery pack is as high as 404v. One would need another DC to DC converter to bring that voltage down, then invert it to power the Mining Equipment, or, a DC to DC converter capable of going directly to the miner via DC. 3: Tapping into the main battery in just about any way will void that nice, shiny, 8 year infinite mile warranty.

Going through the 12v Aux battery also poses problems. Such as the capacity of that battery is rather low. On it's own, it can't supply enough power to power the mining equipment for any real length of time. The car's DC to DC converter, is about 600 watt capacity. It's designed to keep the battery charged, and power the on-board electronics such as headlights, seat heater, dash and center screens/computers. It was not designed to provide high high power continuously that mining equipment would require.

In the end, the test was a Bust. Fun to do. Who else on this planet has Actually really honestly attempted to mine bit coin using a Electric Car as a power source? I think we made records here. The miner wouldn't stay on at full power. Removed 1 hash board, at 2/3 capacity, still did not want to run. at 1/3 capacity, with a draw of 450wh, it stayed powered up, but would just not start mining.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Thought it about time to start a collection of my videos thread, instead of start a new thread for each video. So i will keep adding here. First up, Trip to worlds LARGEST Tesla Store, Chengdu, China!

Followed by what happens when you Supercharge with a Failed Cooling Fan:

Comparing Charge speeds on HPWC, CHAdeMO and Supercharger on both 60kWh and 85kWh batteries. If anyone can lend me a 70D for 2 days, I'd like to add that to the mix!!!

Lets toss in some Thermal Camera Fun. CHAdeMO'ing a 60kWh pack with Thermal imagery!

And finish off this evening, with my "Intro to CHAdeMO" or basically, the unboxing and first time use!
All these videos are pretty sweet

Viewer request. Can you survive on a day to day basis charging your Tesla or Electric car only on a "Slow" 120v Outlet? Simple answer is short, Yes. Though, it's a bit more complicated then that. It's really a Yes AND No. It depends on HOW you use your car, and a number of other factors. Also, possibility exists that you could convert and upgrade your EXISTING 120v outlet to 240v, and DOUBLE your charging rate for as little as $20-30!!!

With a new recent Firmware Update which allowd pre-heating your battery pack if you have RANGE MODE OFF, Now also turns on the rear window defrosters! If you have the Cold Weather Package, it will also activate the Side Mirror defrosters as well as the heated Wipers. For Autopilot Enabled Cars, it will turn on the Camera Defrosters!!!
This is a EXCELLENT UPDATE!
Note: To disable the Defrosters, Wiper Heaters & Pack heater, turn on RANGE MODE.

I personally TURN ON Range Mode for my daily driving, and turn it off at night so that I can defrost and "bake" the car in the morning. Especially with these Sub-Zero Temperatures!

Not too much change going on right now. I have 3 more Range updates queued for editing together. At 54,000 miles, I will be on a Road Trip, so Lots of Supercharging and a good number of 100% charges to bring balance even better. Add in deep discharges, it should allow the BMS (Battery Management System) to better Calibrate.