Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Let the BUILD OUT COMMENCE!
Bringing you tonight, the FIRST LOOK at the new, Milwaukee Wisconsin Tesla Service Center! This is the first physical location for Tesla Motors in Wisconsin. Why the 7 year wait since the Model S is released? Unfortunately, Wisconsin has a law on the books, which prevents a Manufacturer from selling directly to the public. The law was to be removed this year, 2019, which would have allowed Tesla to have a showroom/dealership, however, Governor Tony Evers Line Item Veto'd the provision, keeping the law in place :-(
That being said, Tesla is STILL allowed to have a SERVICE CENTER, just NO SALES. And Wisconsin is long past the tipping point to get a service center. In fact, We're getting two! One in Milwaukee, and one is currently in the works in Madison. The two biggest cities in Wisconsin.
This location was previously a BMW Motorcycle Dealership that had gone out of business.

Planned Features of this location:
1: One Supercharger INSIDE the service bay for service use. Probably for fast turn-around recharges for repaired vehicles.
2: 13 Public chargers at front of the building facing street side. Unfortunately, the worker did not specify (and I wanted to inconvenience him as little as possible) if those were to be Supercharger Stalls or HPWC stalls. THOUGH I will note, my observation based on wiring going in, would lead me to believe it will be Superchargers or a mix of Superchargers & HPWC's.
3: HPWC's will be installed in the back lot behind the gated area. This will be for charging serviced vehicles. No mention of how many planned.
4: The location should be able to be set up as a Pick Up location for new purchased, as long as paperwork/purchase was done in advance. Will need to leave this one to the lawyers to determine though.
5: Roo for approximately 5-7 Vehicles on display in the showroom, or 3-5 with waiting room area.
6: Space for ~8 car lifts in Service Bay. Or a combination of lifts, alignment machines, battery replacement equipment.
7: A different door will need to be installed between Service Bay's and Service Entrance. Currently, setup for Motorcycle sized vehicles.
8: They will be able to LEGALLY Display vehicles, as long as no sales personnel are present, EVER. Sales MIGHT be able to be done via computers set up for the guests, as long as no employee assists with the purchase (HINT, WOULDN'T STOP OTHER OWNERS WITH VOLUNTEERING AND HELPING ON A ARRANGED SALES DAY). Though this skirts a fine line in the anti-manufacturer sales law, so again, Lawyer time.....

I will be visiting at least once/week to update on the progress. Completion time is slated for the End of December 2019 to Early Jan 2020 if they work Bawls to the Wall. Otherwise, a more likely completion date is in February. The potential of a "SOFT" opening, to start accepting vehicles for service on a Limited basis while they are still working on the buildout.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric

I love Drive-In Theaters. Tesla's are pretty much the Ultimate Drive-In Theater vehicle. Unfortunately, most are open only seasonally, as well as going out of business due to low attendance. I also like watching Netflix, however, only have MCU 1 in my vehicle, so I don't get the nice YouTube and Netflix features the newer Tesla's get. So I decided to make my own Drive-In Theater!

Projector Used: https://amzn.to/2OL4YAj low cost, versatile with multiple inputs and features, as well as capable of SD Card playback. When not in use in my car, it will be replacing my 1998 Sony LCD projector. While I liked my Sony, this projector costs LESS than just the BULB for my old one, and has better quality picture and features!

Welp, got my Model S Stuck in the snow for the first time. Kind of crazy how it happened. Air suspension would have been handy in this instance, however, I eventually got it out..... Weight of car + flat bottom + wet, heavy packing snow. Perfect combination for both snowmen and getting vehicles stuck!

Not much progress has been done. In fact, seems to have stalled a bit. Though, since the snow is melted, we can get a better look around. The video was recorded on November 29th, 2019. I was very sick for few weeks and slow recovery, as such I did a lot of nothing. On my return visit December 23rd, 2019, I was going to record another video. As I could not see any noticeable differences or changes were done to the property, I felt there was no need to record a new video.

After dropping Xiaolei & Mina off at the airport for them to go to China, walking back to my Model X in the parking garage at O'Hare Airport in Chicago, where I was plugged in at the complimentary (in the paid parking) J1772 32A Stations, I came across this BMW Evolution Electric Motorcycle/Scooter. I had not even known these Existed before seeing it at the Airport. Looks good, should ride good as it's a BMW, unfortunately, the specs are severely lacking. But still, for an around-town vehicle, it should be fairly good!
C evolution

• Informative

Slight Increase. Won't be long before I am caught up on my Range Updates. Once we get to 79,000 I believe it is, New data points are added as I have more detailed BMS data, such as actual charge and discharge cycles as calculated by the actual BMS, so no back of napkin math for approximate cycles. Lifetime DC Charging, lifetime AC charging and Regen and some others.

As I don't have the FSD computer upgrade yet, as Tesla is still figuring out how to make it work with MCU1 vehicles, I'm a bit more limited in what my vehicle can display. However, it is still able to recognize Construction and LIMIT autonomous features for safety (For now, until we get even CLOSER to Tesla's Full Self Drive).

Interesting that it is making reports with no way to access them. Also, according to the documentation, video clips are supposed to be recorded and sent to Tesla for backup. Even though I have MCU1 and AP2 hardware, I attempted to contact Tesla to retrieve Sentry Mode clips, as MCU1 and AP2 will not record the video to a USB drive. The 6+ different people I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. So the usual Tesla Communication Issues. Unless it's not actually recording anything.....

One nice evening, after doing some hard renovation work at one of my Airbnb cottages, we decided to head to the next town over, Reedsburg, to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. Golden Buffet Chinese Buffet.
While eating, I started tooling around on Plugshare to see if anything new popped up in this RURAL EV & Cellular black hole.
Wouldn't ya know it, but I was greeted with 5 charging stations! 3 HPWC's and 2 Clipper Creek J1772's. We HAD to check it out after eating!

Heres the station link: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Neat find! First time I've noticed this. The Tesla app now shows the projected range for the SOC you set the slider too. This will be very convenient when trying to predict how long you need to charge for to reach a particular destination.

Background Music compliments of Prezley Gordiazi - Rejection
Please support his channel by Subscribing!

Tesla Finally saw the mistake in not putting a Battery Heater in the Model 3, as such, they made that correction in the Model Y. As well, the Model Y also features a HEAT PUMP! FINALLY!

Heat Pump Systems

Just another efficiency comparison;
1500 watt Space Heater = 5118 BTU/hr

5118X24hrs in a day x 30 days in a month = 3,684,960 BTU of Heat put into a space.

My cottage heat pump 12,000 BTU unit uses less than 1500 Wh, however for simplicity of math, we will overestimate it's power consumption.
so 12,000 x 24 hrs in a day x 30 days in a month = 8,640,000 BTU put into a space.

So for the same power consumption, the heat pump provides 4,955,040 BTU MORE Heat. (Realistically, my cottage heat pump draws more so around 1000-1200 Wh, I will need to get actual measurement).

Last edited:
  • Informative

During a Tire Rotation, I thought it would be a great time to see what the brakes look like. As I have the Original AERO Rims, I don't usually get a good look inside by my disks and pads. Suffice to say, wear is very very minimal. I'd attribute most of the wear to me doing brake checks to clean off the rust build-up from last of use. Tires, so many Tesla owners seem to have pre-mature tire wear. However, this set of tires is going on 65,000 Miles, and still have life left on them. The benefit of Proper Alignment and regular rotation!

• Informative
Don't forget to check the inner pads as well. I've heard of instances where the calipers don't float freely and one pad sticks and rubs. Probably not very likely, but it's best to inspect both the inner and outer pad while you're at it.

Don't forget to check the inner pads as well. I've heard of instances where the calipers don't float freely and one pad sticks and rubs. Probably not very likely, but it's best to inspect both the inner and outer pad while you're at it.
Yep, took a good look all is good.
This happened on my MX. The front driver's side outside pad stuck, wore it down to the metal. The 7 other pads on the vehicle were like new. I had those two pads replaced (To keep them even) while it was in for alignment check. It was too cold out to do it at home :-( Crazy big pads though :)

Found myself in the area. Progress is being made, 3 cars here with people working in the service bays, so I didn't want to bother. I'll be past here probably this week, so I'll take another look. 5 HPWC's installed outside, there may be more coming too. I saw 1 HPWC in the gallery. Desks installed for upcoming computers that visitors can use to browse the Tesla site and possibly order vehicles online. Refreshment counter with a Keurig (Nes-Cafe) and mini-fridge. Service waiting area.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

Foud another Gem of a road to test Ap2. Firmware 2020.20.1 AP2 Hardware w/o FSD Computer Upgrade (Waiting for my FSD computer to get in-stock). This is rather Impressive and will be re-testing again after my FSD computer is installed. Finally in stock getting installed Wednesday, June 24th, 2020. I will tell you this old road is ROUGH!