Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, you continue to post in the supercharger nerf thread that you are still nerfed, but fail to identify your usage might be outside of the normal in terms of number of supercharges which is an entirely different nerf which was outlined by Bjorn Nyland many years ago with his Model X. The nerf in the supercharger thread relates to battery health, chemistry, temperature control (running coolant for hours). Not sure why you don't caption your posts a bit, ie, how many hundreds of supercharges you've done on the car in question and that the slower charging may be related to the # of supercharges nerf, vs the firmware update nerf.

Was a former subscriber, watched hundreds and hundreds of your videos over the years, Cheers.

Curious, you continue to post in the supercharger nerf thread that you are still nerfed, but fail to identify your usage might be outside of the normal in terms of number of supercharges which is an entirely different nerf which was outlined by Bjorn Nyland many years ago with his Model X. The nerf in the supercharger thread relates to battery health, chemistry, temperature control (running coolant for hours). Not sure why you don't caption your posts a bit, ie, how many hundreds of supercharges you've done on the car in question and that the slower charging may be related to the # of supercharges nerf, vs the firmware update nerf.

Was a former subscriber, watched hundreds and hundreds of your videos over the years, Cheers.
I did post in that thread. My 90D MS was nerfed since second month of ownership, halfway through the first road trip. I'm still on Firmware 8.1 on the Model S, and it's still capped at 94kW charge rate.
The Model X 75D, I purchased used. It is now catching up in mileage to my Model S, only about 12,000 miles behind. I got charge rate nerfed in 2019 during the summer like others. At the time, DC Fast Charging on the Model X was very low. In fact, I used more supercharging to drive it home from Boston to Milwaukee than I believe the previous owner did from new. Bought with about 60,000 miles on it.
So, on the MX, the charge curve and rates were nerfed, but not too bad. Over the past year and a half of driving, my DC Charging (Supercharging and CHAdeMO) on the MX has increased, especially due to the smaller battery size and the fact it is a MX, and considerably less efficient than the Model S.
This past summer, Exactly when the car hit 10 megawatts of DC charging, my rate was capped at 74kW.

Now, however, as of the firmware update last week Friday, Tesla seems to have restored my charge rates, as I was able to hit 119 kW on a V2 supercharger. So whatever limit tesla placed has been lifted.

Now, going back to the Model S. In relation to my first Model S 60, the battery in my 90D in relation has been babied. My MS60 really had that battery abused, and back then, I had to to make it actual functional car. No superchargers and a handful of j1772's in the entire state. Reduced range due to smaller battery, and when winter hit. The 100% Charges and near 0 discharges were 3-7x per week. In relation, my 90D spends most of its life in the happy place of between 40 and 80% SOC. That being said, my MS60 held up considerably better, and actually in the end lost no range.

In the supercharger nerf thread, I did mention it at one point. Though, both my MS and MX are on those first gen cells (V1 90 pack cells). I have friends that are on the V3 cells for the 90's and also with 100 packs, that have exponentially more supercharging than I do, as they do things like Door Dash and Lyft/Uber. So they charge up 100% of the time on the Superchargers and basically sit charging while waiting for the next order or pickup request to come in. They all seem to not have any charge rate issues or capping, and degradation is also considerably lower. My 90D pack is actually around 72 kW capacity right now. my 75D MX pack capacity is about 68 kW in relation.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric

And former subscriber, thank you for the years of watching! I hope you become a return subscriber again! I don't post as much as I used to, I do come up with good stuff on occasion :)

Annual trip to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg Tennessee. Connecting these two cities together is a sharp, winding mountain road following the Little Pigeon River. Drive also includes a Tunnel. While on video, the drive may not look very winding or sharp, but I assure you, it is! Speeds increase and drop constantly due to the sharp turns. The road is also banked to make the drive easier after it's rebuild. This drive was done entirely hands-off. Hands were at the ready to take over. Due to how TeslaCam records footage, by the end of the video, it the TeslaCam and Dash Screen recording are out of sync unfortunately. i tweaked the video speed the best I could. FSD/Autopilot Camera view is not enhanced or edited other than to get all 4 cameras to show in this video. You may follow along on Google Maps: Google Maps

Reactions: SmartElectric

Annual trip to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg Tennessee. Connecting these two cities together is a sharp, winding mountain road following the Little Pigeon River. Drive also includes a Tunnel. While on video, the drive may not look very winding or sharp, but I assure you, it is! Speeds increase and drop constantly due to the sharp turns. The road is also banked to make the drive easier after it's rebuild. This drive was done entirely hands-off. Hands were at the ready to take over. Due to how TeslaCam records footage, by the end of the video, it the TeslaCam and Dash Screen recording are out of sync unfortunately. i tweaked the video speed the best I could. FSD/Autopilot Camera view is not enhanced or edited other than to get all 4 cameras to show in this video. You may follow along on Google Maps: Google Maps
Poor visibility and slick road conditions. I am not sure I would be brave to get this section all under AP.

Reactions: islandbayy

Straw Man range improvement over the last update. 82,000 Miles. So delayed editing and posting these videos, as of the posting of this video, the car is at 115,000 miles, so going to do a speedy catch up with the range videos. I was/am torn over posting every one, or just jumping right to the latest. I have decided to post each one, especially since I have been contacted by a number of people that appreciate seeing the condition over time like this. As far as I know, I'm the only one publicly documenting range over the entire life of the vehicle, as well as providing other accompanying information. THANK YOU FOR YOUR YEARS OF VIEWERSHIP!

The Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha Wisconsin area is getting a SECOND supercharger just 2 freeway exits, 4.4 Miles, 5 minutes away from the Pleasant Prairie Outlet Mall location. The original outlet mall location was the second supercharger in the State of Wisconsin, and one of the first Superchargers in the world helping to complete the original Coast to Coast Supercharger Route. The new location, located at a Woodmans 24/7 Grocery store and within a couple minutes walking distance to MANY restaurants & retailers is a 12 stall V.3 station (Compared to the Outlet Malls Upgraded V1 station, which maxes out at 120 kW & 8 shared stalls, see original build video here:
) This will be a welcome addition to the freeway corridor between Chicago & Milwaukee. Woodmans 7145 120th Ave Kenosha, WI 53142 24/7/365

We do regular drives to Downtown Chicago for my wife's work, from the Milwaukee area. I usually wait in the car and catch up on my own paperwork while waiting, or take the kids for a treat of some sort. On this day, we came across an Electrify America station basically by accident. I was trying to scope out some "free" Downtown Chicago parking, and saw a Target with a street level parking garage. Upon entering, we noticed the Electrify America charging stations. Being the first time I've come across an Electrify America station, thought we'd check it out. As the parking was already free being it was at a Target store, I thought why not plug in to the CHAdeMO plug with my Tesla Adapter, and get some electrons. Either I pay Chicago parking meter, or I could pay Electrify America. That is when the pricing Shell Shock occurred. I knew us Tesla drivers had it good, really good, with the Supercharger Network. I'm grandfathered in for free supercharging for life on both my Model S & Model X, however, even at PAID Tesla Supercharging rates, Tesla is still half the cost of the Electrify America rates in many cases. I also do understand that Electrify America needs to make money. They don't work for free, they have employee expenses, equipment expenses, rent etc... but at these prices, you'd actually be cheaper to drive gas! Hopefully the charging costs come down as more EV's start using these stations.

Fuse F236..... Of course in usual Tesla fashion, they don't use a standard fuse. Instead of a Regular two blade like just about everyone else uses, Tesla decided to throw in some 3 blade Micro-3 fuses. Not available locally here, Not at Napa, Wal-Mart, O'Rilies, Advance, AutoZone, Sears Hometown Store, nor the couple mechanic shops. Believe it or not, even RadioShack did not have them (Hard to believe, but yes, We still have a Radio Shack in town!). I did find them on amazon, https://amzn.to/3jtBfMr $13 for 32 fuses. The one in question is a 5 amp. Pulling the fuse (It was a surprise to me that it was a triple blade) also caused ABS, Traction Control, stabilization and a slew of other errors to popup on the screen. For a temporary, I used a 5 amp Micro fuse, with some jumper wires to take the place of the blown side of the triple blade fuse. Replaced it back in. Instantly the TMPS was working, got a screen popup that the TPMS has recalibrated. The other errors caused from pulling the fuse did not go away, and required a scroll wheel reboot. Then everything was operating right as rain.. P.S. Was a little nutty during this video. Had a fever of ~101.4*F due to little Miss Mina giving papa strep throat. Was already on meds, but me and fevers don't go well together.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman
Pigeon Forge, TN. While the wife was shopping at the Tanger Outlets, we decided to plug in the Model X at the free Chargepoint station. Low and Behold, we spotted the first Fiat 500e Electric Car out in the wild! I've never seen one on the road anywhere outside a official car show (Think Chicago or Detroit Auto Shows!) Unfortunately the owner was nowhere to be found. Would have enjoyed a look inside. Either way, it was nice to get to see one in person. There was also a Ford C-Max Energy Plug-In Hybrid charging (Quite slowly!) as well. I've seen plenty of these around, in fact, a friend has a (Now Discontinued) Full Electric Version. I'm going to try and get a video of it this weekend as we will both be at a railway board meeting.

Pigeon Forge, TN. While the wife was shopping at the Tanger Outlets, we decided to plug in the Model X at the free Chargepoint station. Low and Behold, we spotted the first Fiat 500e Electric Car out in the wild! I've never seen one on the road anywhere outside a official car show (Think Chicago or Detroit Auto Shows!) Unfortunately the owner was nowhere to be found. Would have enjoyed a look inside. Either way, it was nice to get to see one in person. There was also a Ford C-Max Energy Plug-In Hybrid charging (Quite slowly!) as well. I've seen plenty of these around, in fact, a friend has a (Now Discontinued) Full Electric Version. I'm going to try and get a video of it this weekend as we will both be at a railway board meeting.

I guess they are rare as hen's teeth in flyover country. I've seen a few around Portland/Vanouver. I've never talked to the owners though.