Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Largest width rear tires for 21" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of us are adjusting the sidewall height to keep the overall diameter the same.

Exactly. I had 401 Km remaining on my batter when I picked up my car. As per my request there was no test drive. I drove it about 4 KM on my test drive and when I got back to the tire shop I was now showing 408 on the range remaining. Thinking it might be because they new rims and tires are 5 lbs lighter on each corner? Anyone else experience more range when changing rims and tires. I highly doubt tesla left more range on the table and would of went with lighter rims if that's the case.

I got the Lexani Monobloc 102's, 1/2" wider front and back, 40MM offset. This is from memory, I will see if I can find the paperwork on them. I recommend doing the RB rotors at the same time. Very noticeable when you do both.

Reactions: BigCity
Have you auto-crossed your car? Stock tire sizes understeer a bit. 255/305 would be worse. Maybe you can find an after market sway bar for the rear, but I have not.

No haven't tried doing anything like that unfortunately, I was just looking at it as more rim protection hate when they look like a rubber band on the rim with the rim edge exposed, but looks like you really have no choice on these as you won't get a tire wide enough to help with that and fit.

Probably roll the dice on the Pirelli, or possibly the continental shown above, hadn't seen those previously so those look good as that's the highest load rating I've seen for a 22".

Success! Thanks for the help!

1FA74B3B-984B-4CDE-A5F7-EA0B1BFED0FC.jpeg

923C3463-2927-4976-A09A-0A4D08BF0383.jpeg

I suspect unrelated. I can't imagine what sensor / system a wheel change affects beyond TPMS, unless you have some sort of weird diameter mismatch that is making the ABS sensors freak out. But even then I would think that the error message would more specific to ABS / traction control disabled yadda yadda....

I suspect unrelated. I can't imagine what sensor / system a wheel change affects beyond TPMS, unless you have some sort of weird diameter mismatch that is making the ABS sensors freak out. But even then I would think that the error message would more specific to ABS / traction control disabled yadda yadda....

Correct you are. Main battery contactors failing no big deal. Parts ordered so I’ll just be driving around with this warning on the screen for a bit.

Fun fact if you have aftermarket wheels don’t sell your factory ones. You’ll need to put them back on prior to any service which requires wheel removal. The SC will not touch aftermarket wheels.

Hi all, Just wondering to get a new set of summer wheels to brand-new MS Raven Performance. The wheel specs are 9x21 (offset 35) for front and 10,5x21 (offset 42) for rear. The tires I was planning to get were in sizes 245/35-21 and 285/30-21.. What do you thing, will they fit or will there be some issues?

fronts will work, but the rears will rub on the inside

my last set up was 10.5 rears et 35 and rubbed
Yeah, that´s what I thought too.. Well, need to have 15mm spacers for both sides then. That will make the rear wheel 15mm more outside of the inner wheel arch. Offset will drop from 42 to 27 and then the inside is not the issue anymore. I hope there will be a sufficient "clearance" in the outside wheel arch with 285 wide tire.

I have a 2015 P85DL with factory coil suspension. I put a factory setup of 21” Tesla Arachnid Wheels on my car (245-35-21 and 265-35-21) and I get a slight rubbing sound in the front if I’m reversing while the wheel is turned almost to the limit. It’s also odd that when reversing out of a wet driveway and the wheel turned to the limit, it feels like the front slips a bit (as if on ice). Since I swapped back to my 19” winter setup a couple of months ago I don’t get the rubbing/slipping. Any ideas on this one? Perhaps the Arachnids are not meant to be compatible with a coil suspension?

Also, does anyone know why the Arachnids come with 265-35-21 in the rear instead of 285-30-21? The latter size would perfectly match the circumference of the front tires.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FDB063AC-E6F7-4079-A891-A90BB6B4473E.jpeg
    FDB063AC-E6F7-4079-A891-A90BB6B4473E.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 65
I have a 2015 P85DL with factory coil suspension. I put a factory setup of 21” Tesla Arachnid Wheels on my car (245-35-21 and 265-35-21) and I get a slight rubbing sound in the front if I’m reversing while the wheel is turned almost to the limit. It’s also odd that when reversing out of a wet driveway and the wheel turned to the limit, it feels like the front slips a bit (as if on ice). Since I swapped back to my 19” winter setup a couple of months ago I don’t get the rubbing/slipping. Any ideas on this one? Perhaps the Arachnids are not meant to be compatible with a coil suspension?

Also, does anyone know why the Arachnids come with 265-35-21 in the rear instead of 285-30-21? The latter size would perfectly match the circumference of the front tires.

Thanks!

My 2015 P85DL with Smart Air Suspension and staggered 21” Tesla Arachnid Wheels has the two same issues you mentioned above so I'm going to call it normal.

I had the same occasional rubbing on my 2015 P85DL when reversing with my OEM square Turbines so I'm not sure this is an Arachnid issue. Tesla tightened up the plastic wheel wheel lliners which made it much better. Suggest you or Tesla take a look at your wheel well liners for loose / missing fasteners.

My 505 hp 3,130 lb. 2006 Corvette Z06 had 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35/18 on the front and 19x12 wheels with 325/30/19 tires on the back... and had the front wheels would "slip a bit (as if on ice)" just like our P85DL's. Low profile performance tires are the common denominator.

Reactions: VifferFun
My 2015 P85DL with Smart Air Suspension and staggered 21” Tesla Arachnid Wheels has the two same issues you mentioned above so I'm going to call it normal.

I had the same occasional rubbing on my 2015 P85DL when reversing with my OEM square Turbines so I'm not sure this is an Arachnid issue. Tesla tightened up the plastic wheel wheel lliners which made it much better. Suggest you or Tesla take a look at your wheel well liners for loose / missing fasteners.

My 505 hp 3,130 lb. 2006 Corvette Z06 had 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35/18 on the front and 19x12 wheels with 325/30/19 tires on the back... and had the front wheels would "slip a bit (as if on ice)" just like our P85DL's. Low profile performance tires are the common denominator.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s good to know that someone with a similar car (but with air suspension) is experiencing the same thing as me. It’s not something that I was really concerned about (since it only does it briefly while reversing) but I’ll take a look at the wheel liners when I swap back to the Arachnids in the spring. Thanks!

Reactions: BrokerDon