Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm P5428, completed the paperwork with 85 battery, black on black leather, panoramic roof, 19" wheels, Tech Package, Sound Studio Package, Air Suspension, Rear Facing seats, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor and twin charger..sounds like pretty much all the options. ETA is Nov-December.

Ken, you have EXCELLENT taste...I have the exact same configuration as you, minus the rear-facing seats (I thought my 6 & 9-year-old boys would be in and out of them too quickly.) Our configuration selections seem to be more on the rare side compared with what most other people have selected, but I'm actually happy about that :)

I'm P2009, and I finalized over a month ago...But I still got the same vague Nov/Dec estimate that you did...Let's hope that's more like early November than late December!

Just FINALIZED!

P1937 Performance Blue, 21" Silvers, delete spoiler, Pano, Gray Leather, Obeche Matte, Twin Chargers, Rear Facing Seats, Sound. (everything except wall charger and paint armor)

I was holding out for a bump to Sig and same but Red/Black Interior....

Can't wait now! Good news is I feel really good about the purchase - especially after pricing similarly performant sedans from the usuals....

Just said Nov-Dec.

They're probably waiting for the 30 day response period to end before they tally up their total and decide on the next batch. Either that or the ramp up isn't quite there to be doubling down every week and they may not reach the 5K mark, hence the slow down.

So after the 1200 USA+CA sigs, then that leave 3800 R's and general P's left to reach 5000. They've already contacted P#5500 or so, but once you factor in those that have cancelled, deferred, or selected options that would push them into 2013, I wonder if they've hit their limit already for 2012.

- - - Updated

Met several people yesterday who had numbers <5,000 but hadn't configured because they had even seen the car yet. They came to see Model S at our plug-in day event and several got test drives also. Despite store opening plans Tesla still only has the one store at the very end of the state, so it's good they are getting out and about for other reservation holders to see the car.

Met several people yesterday who had numbers <5,000 but hadn't configured because they had even seen the car yet. They came to see Model S at our plug-in day event and several got test drives also. Despite store opening plans Tesla still only has the one store at the very end of the state, so it's good they are getting out and about for other reservation holders to see the car.

That points the weakness of TM actual retail model. Their reservation list is impressive, but the only number that counts are lock down configs, and it seems that their lack of presence is hurting that number a bit.

That points the weakness of TM actual retail model. Their reservation list is impressive, but the only number that counts are lock down configs, and it seems that their lack of presence is hurting that number a bit.

this is a bit a "chicken or the egg" response!

I do not see any hurt for Tesla! They have enough reservations!
Only regions with no shop or service-station will have slower pick-up! (not no pick-up)
Service-stations will come as soon as enough people bought cars in a region

patience is the word!
It will come, only not all at once!

this is a bit a "chicken or the egg" response!

I do not see any hurt for Tesla! They have enough reservations!
Only regions with no shop or service-station will have slower pick-up! (not no pick-up)
Service-stations will come as soon as enough people bought cars in a region

patience is the word!
It will come, only not all at once!

Yes I completely agree, and that's also why Europeans will have to wait more than they think : as long as the american demand stay that high, it will help Tesla getting even financially speaking, way faster than on the very fragmented European market.

I was just trying to point out that those reservations are no done deal. Hurt might not be the right word, but we don't how many reservations have been canceled, we don't know how much is "enough".
And as Nigel rightly pointed out :
Which is why the retail expansion makes sense....

Reservation #: 4891
Contact date: 9/11/2012. Config date 9/19/2012
Est. Delivery date: Late November, 2012. The Tesla rep said there about 3,000 config'd cars ahead of me. He also told me that they batch the production, so mine will be built with similar cars. I'm not confident in a 2012 delivery, but who knows?

60 kW, blue, sunroof, black/black interior, sound.