Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Update Allows Tesla Model S/Model X To Supercharge At Up To 225 kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
At 225 kW, the Model S/X almost matches the Model 3/Y (250 kW). According to the latest news, Tesla has increased the maximum Supercharging rate of Model S/Model X from 200 kW to 225 kW. The info about 225 kW comes from the 2020.24.6 software update info (via Electrek): “Supercharger ImprovementsYour car is now able...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/06/24/tesla-model-s-x-supercharge-225-kw/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Does anyone else read this and just get more pissed off that their 85 battery pack is now capped at 85-90 kW when they super charge?! Every software update makes our nose cones worse and further from what we agreed to when we purchased them. Can't even charge to 80% anymore without the cooling pumps coming on 24/7 until it dips below 75% state of charge. No matter what. At a rate of 10+ miles a day loss. eMMC replacement on our own time / dime / stress.

Does anyone else read this and just get more pissed off that their 85 battery pack is now capped at 85-90 kW when they super charge?! Every software update makes our nose cones worse and further from what we agreed to when we purchased them. Can't even charge to 80% anymore without the cooling pumps coming on 24/7 until it dips below 75% state of charge. No matter what. At a rate of 10+ miles a day loss. eMMC replacement on our own time / dime / stress.

Not really. I have a 2015 S70 and It's been throttled since last summer I think. Sure I'd love to get the high speeds but I also don't want my battery catching on fire or degrading it so badly as to be worthless. My car has 95k miles and I get a max charge capacity of 228 miles and it was rated at 230 when it was sold new. I charge with super charger often and even to 100% if I'm going to be driving right after charging. I don't slam the accelerator when driving though and do what I can to treat it gently.

At 225 kW, the Model S/X almost matches the Model 3/Y (250 kW). According to the latest news, Tesla has increased the maximum Supercharging rate of Model S/Model X from 200 kW to 225 kW. The info about 225 kW comes from the 2020.24.6 software update info (via Electrek): “Supercharger ImprovementsYour car is now able...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/06/24/tesla-model-s-x-supercharge-225-kw/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

You seem to completely miss the details that this release note only applies to S&X cars with a pack config ID of 93. It appears that your battery has to be part number: 1086755-00-G. (So it doesn't apply to hardly any of the LR+ Ravens that have already been delivered.)

I have the G revision battery pack. Took delivery in last week of May 2020. Can confirm I do get 225 kW at SUC.

20200625_181319-jpg.556443

Reactions: PStewart
Who cares what the max is if the speed is constantly throttled?!?
Just over a year ago when I bought my 3, I'd get over 100kw all the time.
Now...never.
I don't want to have to get my battery down to 10% to get good speeds...I was good speeds all the time.

Reactions: InternetDude
Who cares what the max is if the speed is constantly throttled?!?
Just over a year ago when I bought my 3, I'd get over 100kw all the time.
Now...never.
I don't want to have to get my battery down to 10% to get good speeds...I was good speeds all the time.
Right. And it never ceases to amaze me that so many people believer they are going to get that rate of charge from the minute they plug in the car until the time they unplug it. Fortunately, most people here are smarter than that. To me, it is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. Sure, there will be cars getting that speed, but for what period of time....10 minutes? :D