Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What league is that? You really think the design of this thing is beautiful or its going to change Truck Design?

Well I canceled, good luck to all. The truck is a beast when you see it in person, hopefully it works out for you. Back to my poor mans Model 3 lol

View attachment 995157
So I guess all the hype about battery day was just that.
500 miles was the deal Breaker. So sad.

Why did you disagree? I just posted what people on Twitter are getting from the app.

Elon said it takes up 1/3 of the bed and it's going to weigh a ton.
Sorry - fat finger - meant to click the I - corrected. Wow - literally going to weight 2000 lbs? If so, there goes any real towing capability then - as that only leave 500 lbs of payload - which is generally only going to support up to 5000 lbs of towing weight - and that doesn't include the weight of anything in the cab - including the driver LOL. You could use a WDH and get that up to maybe 6-8k lbs at most perhaps - but that's about it.

No, Elon said it will take up 1/3 of the bed....so not just going in the vault. Someone described it as a toolbox right behind the window.

edit: I was thinking about the sub-vault...ya...basically taking up 1/3 of the vault.
Yeah there's a pic on the website where it takes up about a third of the bed. Considering the weight this will be a install and keep type thing, not something you can put in and out.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Can you link to the pic? I cannot seem to find it.
Take a look at this abomination, lol.

I guess the CT will be able to carry 500lb with this thing installed.

Cybertruck-Keep-The-Adventure-Going-Carousel-Slide-4-Range-Extender-Desktop[1].jpg

Watching the event now and it almost seems like Musk is embarrassed by this car. Definitely seems like a business mistake that they wouldn't pursue if they knew the difficulties making it. The fact the event itself has so few details minus "it goes super fast" is interesting.

The battery packs allocated to CT would have been way better off on an actually usable truck or making way more Model Ys.

You shouldn’t be surprised, given the Charlatan’s track record.
It’s just disappointing…. I signed up day one for what he said he would deliver. I needed a big truck that was over the top in design and specs with 500 miles of range, fast charging. The whole thing. We got nothing. He said is would be crazy good, awesome etc. he said it would destroy the way people think about trucks and Ford in particular . It doesn’t. Hell, Rivian’s toy truck is better. The truth is, he says *sugar*, and Tesla can’t deliver. if he was just honest about it. Today he could have said look we could not get it done, but we have this… instead 4 years later, Ford, and Rivian have trucks that have better specs.

Agreed. If it were, that would be an even bigger abomination than that angled front vault bed wall and storing the spare tire and range extender in the remaining space! 😆🤣😝

A diesel genny would actually make more sense than the battery pack because it's way lighter, so you could still use the truck for truck things.

It’s just disappointing…. I signed up day one for what he said he would deliver. I needed a big truck that was over the top in design and specs with 500 miles of range, fast charging. The whole thing. We got nothing. He said is would be crazy good, awesome etc. he said it would destroy the way people think about trucks and Ford in particular . It doesn’t. Hell, Rivian’s toy truck is better.
Agreed. Like you, for $100, I reserved on day zero as well - in the remote chance that the Charlatan didn’t BS us once again. Well, now we know - if you want the range, you give up the bed (needed for the spare and “range extender”.). And, even with all of that junk, you still don’t get the advertised in launch day “500+” range! 😆🤔

“Bad news gets worse with time”…. They should cut their losses now on this turd.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne