TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Let's see your white Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Leftside98, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Active Member

Are you doing your seats in red as well?

2. yearofthedragon

Front and rear seats. Pillars surrounding front console area. Lower dash. Door inserts.
    I was inspired by the contrast and sportiness in a White Mercedes Benz SLS I saw.

3. 1ton

1ton Member

REBroker, I'm in Orlando and I should get my Tesla in the next week or so. I'm also interested in painting the lower trim and door handles. Maybe we can work a deal with whoever you're talking to for both jobs? Thought? Feel free to PM me. Otherwise what about going to another market that might be cheaper? Tampa? South FL?

4. REBroker

REBroker Member

1ton, thanks to the support here I've struck a fairly good deal with a reputable shop, will send you details later! I can't wait to get the job done, will probably schedule it for the end of this month.

5. REBroker

REBroker Member

1ton, details sent!

6. yearofthedragon

Not quite "The Missing Piece" and not to get too far off topic, but here's a sneak peak of my interior. White on red is a great sporty combo. Had this combo in my Mercedes and I've seen it in BMWs, Audis and Maseratis.

preview.jpg

7. REBroker

REBroker Member

Wow, gorgeous!

8. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Who did the steering wheel and carbon fiber? Very very nice!

9. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

Gorgeous!!

10. yearofthedragon

Sent the car to T Sportline right when I received it for the full treatment. They re-upholstered all the seats, door inserts and replaced the steering wheel and dash with carbon fiber counterparts.

11. Stig O

Stig O Member

I think the headrests were made for a logo so I did made some in thin carbon folie.
    I low your red interior and the glossy carbon yeraofthedragon. I almost bought a Jaguar XF with that combo before I decided to bye a Tesla.

Attached Files:

12. bp1000

bp1000 Member

Jealous, this combo is stunning.

13. REBroker

REBroker Member

I'm sorry to post this off topic here but since we have a good concentration of white Tesla owners in this thread... did you do cquartz or opticoat on your white car? Was it worth it? White doesn't show imperfections as much as other colors, plus it won't show the shine as much either. I was waiting until after painting my trim to do it, but now I'm wondering if I should at all. Thanks!

14. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

I went with Cquartz finest on my pearl white 85D, looks great and I am very happy with the end result. Before investing in a coating Id do Xpel PPF on the whole front end, to me that is a more worthwhile purchase.
    I hear the Opticoat leaves your tacky vs a smooth just waxed feeling.

15. OnkelDunkel

OnkelDunkel Member

#75 OnkelDunkel, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    I have a pearl white TMS and still went with Opticoat and have no regrets. It looks really stunning and the dirt comes of SO easy. It seems to stay or at least look clean much longer. I hand wash it and it's a breeze :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your car looks great as always :) I live in Denmark, but my TMS is originally from Norway and it was my impression that Norwegian TMS' did not have the fog lights+led strips in the front (mine does not - it only has the cornering lights). Did your TMS have it stock or is it something you installed afterwards?

Finally here's a picture of my pearl white TMS (with reflective wrap on the calipers :)) at the Supercharger in Køge, Denmark.

IMG_3083.JPG.jpeg

Thanks,
    Jacob

16. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

That's a beautifully executed photo! The interior illumination is just right... was it from the interior lights or did you supplement them somehow? It's ready for a sales brochure! :biggrin:

17. Stig O

Stig O Member

I installed them later, because they was not and option in Europa when i order my car.
    beeeerock; I used a flash in the console between the front seats.

18. OnkelDunkel

OnkelDunkel Member

StigO: Thanks for your reply. Who installed it and how much did it cost (approx.)?

Thanks,
    Jacob

19. 1ton

1ton Member

That's a nice picture. You wrapped the calipers?? Is that something you can do?

20. OnkelDunkel

OnkelDunkel Member

Thanks :) And yes, if you google "reflective wrap caliper" - you get a lot of hits. The foil/wrap is actually not made for calipers, but after 2-3.000 miles it still looks great. I got a professional "wrapper" to do it and he also made Tesla letters in white. I created a thread in here with the subject reflective wrap where you can see some more pictures:

Reflective wrap on my brake calipers (w/ pictures)