Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S85, delivery 12/31/12, VIN 1653, 19" w/ Pano, 16,000 miles now (plus or minus a few).

Last 3000 miles (when I started driving more conservatively): 277 Wh/mi.
Lifetime: 287 Wh/mi.

If I were to always drive conservatively, I'd probably be closer to the mid 270s. And I always have pano/windows open unless it's cold (50s or less) or raining. If I were to leave my pano/windows closed I'd probably be closer to low 270s or high 260s.

90 mile commute 5 days/week, about 50% of it above 55mph, 40% at 70 mph.

Don't forget to add air to the tires to compensate. I was in NE the last couple of weeks, and had to increase pressure every other day because it kept getting colder.

Did that last week one day when it was high 50s. I end up checking pressure about once a month. Problem is in Atlanta we will have a freezing night and morning, then the next afternoon is 75 and sunny.

Updated lifetime mileage: 5351.2 miles, 370 Wh/mi. Still Ithaca with the cold weather.

Higher than most people's. It's the hills. I have this hill which I accelerate up every day, and it uses a lot of energy. Slowing down going downhill I gain some, but not as much as I use going up.

Update.

IMG_1072.JPG

Sparrow 263 9574 GA 85 19 1 10/31/13. For October I drove 958 miles using 234kWh and averaging 244Wh/mi. Getting a taste of cooler weather last week convinces me that energy useage will go up about 10% in the next month or so and closer to 20% when we hit the much colder January weather and that is in the realtively warm Atlanta Winter.

My combined September/October numbers. Sorry, just spaced it out on 1 October.

Sep/Oct Al Sherman Indiana 286 1221 P85 21 1
Lifetime: 302 5812 P85 21 1

Put the Hakka R2's on two days ago. I can already see that the 19's make a HUGE difference even though the R2's are definitely Winter tires.

As someone who's recently been running 19s (but have most of my miles on 21s), how should this be reflected in the data? I'm hesitant to post my numbers because the data isn't "pure 21" data anymore. (Even though the numbers haven't moved much.)

brianman,
If you are keeping track of wh/m numbers separately for the two different wheel sizes, you could report them separately and I'll just make
two separate entries for you, brianman21 and brianman19. Otherwise, I'd just set wheel size to NA.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm staying off this set of statistics so I don't skew the numbers. I'm in flat ole Florida, and I still get 370 Wh/mile over the car's total 3500 miles so far. :D

Well you're seeing these numbers, so I think not including them skews the data - you're in!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll update the stats tonight.

My October and Lifetime numbers:

October:
1,704.7 miles
561.5 kWh
329 Wh/mi

Lifetime:
14,745.7 miles
4,742.8 kWh
322 Wh/mi

As noted previously in this thread, the kWh numbers from my home energy monitor are significantly higher than what the car is reporting due to charger inefficiencies, vampire losses and so forth.

My Lifetime Wh/mi numbers are now on an upward trend with the cooler weather.