Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there's no explicit way to put the settings on "fan only," you just set your set point temps accordingly.
What? Wait, how do you set the temp so the HVAC is not heating or cooling? When I set it to 75 degrees it shows heating and when I set it to 74 degrees it shows cooling.

I have just been setting it to a cooling temp and manually turning off the AC and adjusting the fan so it's not too loud.

-Randy

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
What? Wait, how do you set the temp so the HVAC is not heating or cooling? When I set it to 75 degrees it shows heating and when I set it to 74 degrees it shows cooling.

I have just been setting it to a cooling temp and manually turning off the AC and adjusting the fan so it's not too loud.

-Randy

Manually shut off the A/C compressor like you said. Now to prevent heater from coming on, just make sure your set point is lower than ambient. Kind of annoying. I know a bunch of people have submitted feedback to support a fan-only setting in the UI.

~1,300 miles, 315Wh/mi

20” wheels on PS4S tires. Plenty of launches.

Steady state highway driving at SoCal speeds (sans traffic) is about 340Wh/mi, which seems high.

That's about normal for Perf. w/PU. Faster you're going, it ain't going to help your efficiency. I too get about 300 Wh/mi, +/- 25 Wh/mi with my Perf. w/PU. If I drive the speed limit and not do launches, the efficiency goes up and gets me sub 300 Wh/mi easily. But kinda hard to avoid enjoying that 0-60 MPH rush launch. :)

Reactions: evpulse
That's about normal for Perf. w/PU. Faster you're going, it ain't going to help your efficiency. I too get about 300 Wh/mi, +/- 25 Wh/mi with my Perf. w/PU. If I drive the speed limit and not do launches, the efficiency goes up and gets me sub 300 Wh/mi easily. But kinda hard to avoid enjoying that 0-60 MPH rush launch. :)

For sure. I was especially hard on the car for the first hundred miles or so.

If I try really, really hard, I can get around 220 Wh/mi round trip on my commute.

Reactions: hoang51
Took a 304 mile round-trip to Pismo Beach / San Luis Obispo on Sunday. I installed the *ahem*ugly aero caps for this journey in my RWD. I charged to 95% prior to departure (the highest I've ever had it) and juiced up in SLO (Madonna Inn Supercharger). Got a photo after I parked in between 2 other MSM M3's to make 3 in-a-row photo. I stayed at the Madonna Inn longer than intended and added more range than necessary (range up to 277 mi). Sure do love auto-pilot! I also had a FULL load (2 adults, 3 kids and our stuff).

304 Miles
245.6 Wh/mi, indicated
259.2 Wh/mi, actual (from wall)
AC on whole trip
Average was 50.4 MPH to SLO
Average was 62.7 MPH from SLO
Some traffic, but cruise control set to 79 MPH on open highway.
Ej8sk_BW9BpwwSQ8_comWFW9VdxdPxRijgkOy44nUTbsUDqGxQyYiG_Q3wMaU1M_3g3VGpf8BB6ept5sl5PATvK6E7de8tYGcsq0zKacODrW3XPfNfdZjQb-D6depez8U5-QaaW5Zqg4Du6mY6RQ_UqlPgTsIhfdvb9xp2LpbvEtaA2Cd2g23Vw7MY6h1bSw1htK6y3Bck-CJK7NKMSVuyemLHEsg_WaqpLI8LN7tMnLowC4L8c70hHYNG6MyYwBulG5wpi0UbsRTYcL0rIAn_Z3Gm_Fc9zQuEo2uhUrPU6a9JoX2NnGdsH74y5bLsyxBv97etPbvcsx1kjDDVJAQfIWPTppQGTdSqYVjQU83rfWLSNengFkR44mf1FRUyDE1GrXA2uRGftg6ntI7m9qTZZKq-alz5DrxklHOX3D_tbnPu2PNYw2dk38d8z_AVnzKB9LBYn2KqbiSbQVYWmggMKqKgUpkEbf83-ECZgvAxMTHhGETUFxGkjPXuvXOnyWOAxNEzSt_GLZBJWouPen3-19h5irTci457nX38zsWpdcp4fRcqn5KtqToSwG-Fy_4pZEKaAejjohuTiK-CTkHZbdC0Fin0v3icqEZ6y0XVj2xujUKwMpa-aOGk9G4_Mj=w1123-h843-no

My P3D+ on lighter but wider 19" 245/275 staggered PS4S tires seems to be roughly equivalent efficiency to the stock 20's at most speeds.

1200mi lifetime = 308Wh/mi and that includes ~50 launches and a few quarter mile runs. Rough estimates so far at 90+ degree weather:

City ≈ 250 Wh/mi
60mph ≈ 275 Wh/mi
70mph ≈ 300 Wh/mi
75mph ≈ 320 Wh/mi
80mph ≈ 345 Wh/mi

It will be tough to get more than 275 miles on a charge without aeros. I drove 220 highway miles yesterday on EAP and it used 85%

My P3D+ on lighter but wider 19" 245/275 staggered PS4S tires seems to be roughly equivalent efficiency to the stock 20's at most speeds.

1200mi lifetime = 308Wh/mi and that includes ~50 launches and a few quarter mile runs. Rough estimates so far at 90+ degree weather:

City ≈ 250 Wh/mi
60mph ≈ 275 Wh/mi
70mph ≈ 300 Wh/mi
75mph ≈ 320 Wh/mi
80mph ≈ 345 Wh/mi

It will be tough to get more than 275 miles on a charge without aeros. I drove 220 highway miles yesterday on EAP and it used 85%

so is there any advantage in terms of efficiency with lighter wheels of equal sizes? sounds like there is no difference.

Update:

Driving to work, sports mode, spirited driving for 35 miles on my P3D+. Efficiency around 350 wh/mi.

Did autopilot from work on chill mode on the way back. Driving around 70 mph on the highway. My average efficiency was 280 wh/mi.

so is there any advantage in terms of efficiency with lighter wheels of equal sizes? sounds like there is no difference.
My wheels are not equal size. All things being equal, lighter wheels will always increase efficiency due to basic laws of physics relating to inertia.

Wheel concavity, width, spoke design (i.e. aero) and other things also play more of a factor at cruising speeds.

Last edited: