Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Daemon, Stratton was trying to broker a deal for me through Macquarie (which I would have preferred especially with their buyback scheme) but they felt because of my age I was a risk so Stratton got a deal for me with BMW Finance with requirement for a hefty deposit, I think my rate is about 6%-6.2%

Another for the list

S85D, solid white, 19" wheels, next gen seats, executive rears, autopilot, premium interior, smart suspension, subzero (with the exec seats). Hope to see it October. No sunroof (I had one in my mazda, opened it maybe 4 times and one of those left it open in the rain), no super-hifi - I generally don't listen to much music and when I do it's ABC FM.

S85D, solid white, 19" wheels, next gen seats, executive rears, autopilot, premium interior, smart suspension, subzero (with the exec seats). Hope to see it October. No sunroof (I had one in my mazda, opened it maybe 4 times and one of those left it open in the rain), no super-hifi - I generally don't listen to much music and when I do it's ABC FM.

Done and congrats!

With executive seats! Very Nice.

I didn't actually choose it, it popped up after I had paid the deposit ... listed under options.
View attachment 78809

I asked Tesla again about this security package, and they have confirmed that "no Australian vehicles will be receiving the security package. It is strictly reserved for the European market to comply with local regulations."

You might want to ask them why it's showing up on your order confirmation document.

Cynix, why not let sleeping dogs lie? When the car shows up without the package, ask why it is not there and insist on it. Mind you, we Signatures were supposed to get the upgraded tyres, but our cars all came with Goodyears. Don't know how much quieter Michelins would have been, but that is probably what i will change to or possibly Pirellis, when the time comes. Idid DID query that, but was told it was what it was. I guess we COULD, as a group, have made a stink, but we were not well enough organised to do that.

I asked Tesla again about this security package, and they have confirmed that "no Australian vehicles will be receiving the security package. It is strictly reserved for the European market to comply with local regulations."

You might want to ask them why it's showing up on your order confirmation document.

I have updated my order to include Autopilot which now shows up on the 'View Design' however it now shows a price based on delivery to New South Wales?

I have updated my order to include Autopilot which now shows up on the 'View Design' however it now shows a price based on delivery to New South Wales?
I wouldn't worry, the website was wrong for me most of the time, and the only thing it affects is the registration fess and stamp duty. My delivery address showed "pickup in NSW" as well but they got it to the right place.
When Tesla manually raise the final invoice it will have the correct fees for your state.

As I understand it, If you placed your order and your deposit was received prior to the price rise then you don't get the higher price regardless if the order is confirmed or not.
This is correct, I was told when paid the deposit a rise was imminent but that I wouldn't be affected by any increase.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realised prices were increased today! I would be paying almost $11k more now if I had waited another week before placing my order.