Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have James Tubb, and he has been sensational to date.
Same man for me. :wink:
Brmmmm .....
Tesla02.png

Sorry, going a bit crazy, it doesn't make a ..... s o u n d ...

Last edited:
The great and one & only james in melbourne. He and his assistant look after vic, sa, and wa. Presumably tassy too.
My 85D is at port awaiting a boat!

We could be on the "same" boat... I got this from James today:

When the portal moves to In-Transit it essentially means it has left the factory, so your Model S is at the LA port and will shortly be assigned a vessel and container before the journey to Australia begins. I can’t give out any vessel details, but it seems the forums has an ongoing list of those so you can pick and choose from that instead.. ;)

Soooooo.... reaching out to the knowledgable group that is this forum, does anyone know what ships are in LA at the moment that are about to have our cars board?

When the portal moves to In-Transit it essentially means it has left the factory, so your Model S is at the LA port and will shortly be assigned a vessel and container before the journey to Australia begins. I can’t give out any vessel details, but it seems the forums has an ongoing list of those so you can pick and choose from that instead.. ;)

Soooooo.... reaching out to the knowledgable group that is this forum, does anyone know what ships are in LA at the moment that are about to have our cars board?

Hey chris,

brewster started a shipping thread in the oz forum. It looks like you may be the last boat on his list.

ANL BAREGA 31/08/2015 Oakland, US 21/09/2015 Melbourne, AUS 24/09/2015 Sydney, AUS

I downloaded the marine traffic app, and it was good fun waiting and watching the progress. Essentially 21 days from departing LA plus a few more from Oakland.

good luck
trav

Hey chris,

brewster started a shipping thread in the oz forum. It looks like you may be the last boat on his list.

ANL BAREGA 31/08/2015 Oakland, US 21/09/2015 Melbourne, AUS 24/09/2015 Sydney, AUS

I downloaded the marine traffic app, and it was good fun waiting and watching the progress. Essentially 21 days from departing LA plus a few more from Oakland.

good luck
trav

That would be amazing if it is true.

I was told a month or two ago that I wouldn't get my car until late October/early November that there was a two week delay from Tesla than the original date listed in the portal when I ordered it.

I so hope it is however.

cheers Chris

I have James Tubb, and he has been sensational to date.

We have Adam Herbert in Sydney. He has been excellent. Also there is a James in Sydney. Not sure if the same one.

ALSO! Heard back from DS yesterday and he was about to call when I sent an email. Our P85D is indeed at port and will arrive in store the next couple of days so delivery to Brisbane should be within two weeks! :D

Hi Timpoo,( or any owners)

Have you got any data on a Model S recently Delivered into Warrnambool Country Victoria.? I am on a quest of new owners in country areas to get a possible short term recharge points (private) for guys like me who need to cover every square inch of Victoria( and tomorrow ze verorld......:biggrin:).

Hi Timpoo,( or any owners)

Have you got any data on a Model S recently Delivered into Warrnambool Country Victoria.? I am on a quest of new owners in country areas to get a possible short term recharge points (private) for guys like me who need to cover every square inch of Victoria( and tomorrow ze verorld......:biggrin:).

wpapua may be able to help. He is in Warrnambool I believe (currently on holiday I think), I was hoping for a charge from him as a backup from Melbourne to Portland. I should have my HPWC installed soon as well!!

- - - Updated - - -

This may be useful to you cdfleischmann, these are the current ships that have left the US except for the 'GUENTHER SCHULTE' which is currently moored at Long Beach, and their very approximate positions ....
http://brucemcmillan.wix.com/my-tesla-shipping

wpapua may be able to help. He is in Warrnambool I believe (currently on holiday I think), I was hoping for a charge from him as a backup from Melbourne to Portland. I should have my HPWC installed soon as well!!

- - - Updated - - -

This may be useful to you cdfleischmann, these are the current ships that have left the US except for the 'GUENTHER SCHULTE' which is currently moored at Long Beach, and their very approximate positions ....
http://brucemcmillan.wix.com/my-tesla-shipping

Thanks and Looking...

I am also installing (or going to install) a wall mount at my parents place in Kilmore, Victoria. They're generally nice people :)

Thanks for that Brewster,

I have Tim getting me a Portable 415Volt 3 phase portable Charger unit that can deliver 30 Amps just like the HPWC (9Kw) wall unit we get with the car.

I have started sending out a generic email to hotels/motels and B&B's in the territories I cover and/or hope to cover to see if they will give access to 3 phase until such time as the Tesla rollout is much more than just Hume highway....

The carrot is that I have agreed I will stay at their respective establishments and report back into this forum... I figured that were one stays would be the most practical recharge point but a visit to a fellow enthusiast is a viable second option. The practicality is that the respective owner may not be home, off doing other stuff, not feel like an intruder for a coupla hours, may not like the shape of your head when you called them a dick at the Tesla breakfast etc etc etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Ive asked Tesla Richmond to do a valuation on THEIR price to Trade over from Model S RWD to a nice new P90D with identical fit out as I have now. 20,000+ Kms on the clock plus the extrapolated Kms at the same usage rate to a theoretic delivery 9 months hence has a changeover tag of $90,000 as at a week ago.

Therefore at the change date( guessed) at 1st of June 2016 estimated 45,000Kms on clock the Capital cost of changeover is $90,000/45,000 = $2.00 per Km.

This strikes as pretty high cost of changeover and as such I wont worry about it for the short term given I am eminently pleased with my 'Beast' but I am interested in Tesla offers to anyone else along these lines to compare numbers.

Thanks for that Brewster,

I have Tim getting me a Portable 415Volt 3 phase portable Charger unit that can deliver 30 Amps just like the HPWC (9Kw) wall unit we get with the car.

I have started sending out a generic email to hotels/motels and B&B's in the territories I cover and/or hope to cover to see if they will give access to 3 phase until such time as the Tesla rollout is much more than just Hume highway....

The carrot is that I have agreed I will stay at their respective establishments and report back into this forum... I figured that were one stays would be the most practical recharge point but a visit to a fellow enthusiast is a viable second option. The practicality is that the respective owner may not be home, off doing other stuff, not feel like an intruder for a coupla hours, may not like the shape of your head when you called them a dick at the Tesla breakfast etc etc etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Ive asked Tesla Richmond to do a valuation on THEIR price to Trade over from Model S RWD to a nice new P90D with identical fit out as I have now. 20,000+ Kms on the clock plus the extrapolated Kms at the same usage rate to a theoretic delivery 9 months hence has a changeover tag of $90,000 as at a week ago.

Therefore at the change date( guessed) at 1st of June 2016 estimated 45,000Kms on clock the Capital cost of changeover is $90,000/45,000 = $2.00 per Km.

This strikes as pretty high cost of changeover and as such I wont worry about it for the short term given I am eminently pleased with my 'Beast' but I am interested in Tesla offers to anyone else along these lines to compare numbers.

Just quickly that unit can deliver 32A 3 Phase so 22kW not 9

WHICH IS AWESOME! :D

Hey Timpoo, can you help? As I'm ignorant of what is normally available at Caravan Parks, do you know what typical adapter/s would be suitable?

Most Australian caravan parks will have a 15Amp 240V plug at best. This looks like the standard 10Amp plug but fitted with a wider earth pin. The Tesla UMC only has a 10Amp connector with other options including the 15Amp "coming Soon".
15Amps will give 20kmh charge rate and IIRC 10Amp will give about 12kmh charge rate.

Last edited:
The UMC currently seems to only draw 2 kW out of a potential 2.4. Accordingly, I only get 10 km of range per hour out of it and I do use it weekly. The rest must be due to incidental electrical losses in the equipment.

I assume we're talking 'typical' rather than 'rated' here? Both UMC and MPWC (which I have on a 10A circuit) show as 2kW charge sources for me, 12-13km/hr rated, about 10km/hr typical.

It would be nice if Tesla hurried up and made at least the 15A UMC adaptor available. It's a trivial piece of hardware, it really shouldn't take them this long. It's not like the need for it couldn't have been anticipated a loooong time ago.