Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First bit of communication from Tesla HQ since I confirmed my order a couple of months ago!!

Linda Han dropped me an email confirming I was happy to 'upgrade' from Dolphin Grey to Steel Grey. She attached a few comparison pics.

Any other 'Greys' out there get the same message?

I got the same. I haven't worked out what colour I'm changing to yet but I figure we've both got plenty of time to make that decision. Not 100% sure about the Steel Grey, I think I need to see more photos or somehow see one "in the flesh"

I'm currently in Europe so have had the opportunity to see several Model Ss - including two inside of 10 minutes, a blue one and a multi-coat red one - both parked along canals in Amsterdam. And today I had a Signature-red one overtake me on the highway. All I heard was wind noise and all I saw was a red blur :)

X 3 particularly in WA $120+ for S60, $132+ for S85, $155+ for P85, pushing $200 for P85+. I figure if I splash out $120 odd may as well spend the extra $30 for added supercharger, performance and range since it's still half the price of an M5 or Porsche. Squeezing a couple more km in range and smoother handling isn't worth the same again to me. Same reason I'd probably go stock interior and suspension. No doubt there will be third party kits available down the line if I really want to play with the suspension.

First bit of communication from Tesla HQ since I confirmed my order a couple of months ago!!

Linda Han dropped me an email confirming I was happy to 'upgrade' from Dolphin Grey to Steel Grey. She attached a few comparison pics.

Any other 'Greys' out there get the same message?
I actually contacted them and requested to change my order to Steel Grey as soon as it came out. Linda handled the change for me.

VIN 542xx allocated 12/08/2014
timpoo can you please update the spreadsheet?

- - - Updated - - -

Not mine, strangely.

Edit: I'm beginning to wonder whether we will have 3 batches of Sigs? Or maybe the factory is having ramp-up difficulties? It surely isn't that hard to build 30 cars.
I went on the factory tour yesterday afternoon. I saw some robots moving parts around and welding, as well as human welders. I couldn't see much of the production line as we were on the other side of the floor. I saw a few unfinished bodies on the line, but the line did not appear to be moving.

Sheet is updated - looks like a batch of VINs would have gone out.

Seems like there will be a lag between the early sigs and the later sigs. Given current timeline hopefully general production cars will get here Nov.

---

Edit: Also - I've been debating to upgrade to a P85, and blow my budget to high water. But I saw a post in the main forums about how the MS 85 has been clocked doing 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds, which means it would probably be 0-100km/h in 5 seconds. Plenty fast now I reckon.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be far off, it's definitely described as a "5 second car" vs the P85 being a "4 second car" as that's been clocked at 3.9 - I've been ooming and ahing between S85 and P85 but thinking in for a penny in for a pound.

Once you've gotten past the two week design period and confirmed your order aren't you already locked in for that config or do you still get a bit of wiggle room?

Once you've gotten past the two week design period and confirmed your order aren't you already locked in for that config or do you still get a bit of wiggle room?
Some people have made changes after confirming, but if you are thinking of making changes you need to contact Tesla directly ASAP.
The longer you leave it the less likely Tesla will be willing or able to make any changes.

I know speculating on delivery is a bit pointless but thought I'd point out that one of the more recent general production cars in Hong Kong has recently been updated to delivery in late October...so I'm thinking that our general production cars will slip into mid November... :(

G'Day,

My name is Harrison - I am a postgraduate student (and auto enthusiast) at UTS in Sydney, currently producing a short educational video piece on EV solutions.

I was hoping to meet with a future Tesla customer with a confirmed order, if possible one who currently owns an EV or HEV vehicle?

It would only take a few minutes of your time - hopefully we can capture the excitement (and pains?) of being an early adopter in Sydney. It is great to see such a passionate group of Tesla buyers!

If anyone is available for a quick chat it would be greatly appreciated. I am available on this forum or through my contact details below.

Cheers!

[email protected]

0401 085 179

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 10.54.43 pm.png