Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice big shed!

Nice clean installation as well. They must be slightly different to the earlier ones - I didn't get the cable hanger. Have other folks received that ?

Haha yes. It's 16m x 9m (including a horse tack room on the back) but has the height (4m clearance) to install a car stacker in case I can afford to start collecting electric cars ; ). We kept the installation clean by running the conduit up above the garage door and down the inside of the steel frame on the adjoining bay. I elected to keep the unit back left as I will only ever drive straight in.

I have finally confirmed my P85D order today :)
Details:
P85D Pearl White
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Next Gen Seats
Carbon Fiber Decor
Tech Pack
Air Suspension
Premium Interior
High Fidelity Sound

Now for the long wait!

That's a very nice fit-out, similar to mine except I'm going with 19" wheels to be swapped with TSportline 19" grey turbines. On the roads I sometimes travel, with 21's, I could see myself becoming very friendly with the local rural flatbed driver.

Yes the wait is the worst part. But there is a silver lining. In 6 months time there should be quite a few Superchargers on line. Hopefully.

That's a very nice fit-out, similar to mine except I'm going with 19" wheels to be swapped with TSportline 19" grey turbines. On the roads I sometimes travel, with 21's, I could see myself becoming very friendly with the local rural flatbed driver.

Yes the wait is the worst part. But there is a silver lining. In 6 months time there should be quite a few Superchargers on line. Hopefully.

I'm in Perth so I just hope they will have a service centre in 6 months! Don't think we will see Superchargers here for a long time if ever.

I also forgot to add Duel Chargers to my list of options ordered above.

Tim
I now have wall charger installed.
Very interesting problem with installation- the install guide in the box was wrong re red and black wire connections.
The picture on page 10 of the guide is correct.
HOWEVER the paragraph above the picture says to connect L1 to Black and L2/N to Red. This is incorrect.
Mitch Baxter solved the problem very quickly.
Jim

BTW I assume everyone has the cable with the huge plug on the end. Nothing like the plug shown in all the youtube videos.
Can I further assume that we will be getting an adapter. Surely our cars will not have a monster socket?

Tim
I now have wall charger installed.
Very interesting problem with installation- the install guide in the box was wrong re red and black wire connections.
The picture on page 10 of the guide is correct.
HOWEVER the paragraph above the picture says to connect L1 to Black and L2/N to Red. This is incorrect.
Mitch Baxter solved the problem very quickly.
Jim

BTW I assume everyone has the cable with the huge plug on the end. Nothing like the plug shown in all the youtube videos.
Can I further assume that we will be getting an adapter. Surely our cars will not have a monster socket?

We found the same issue regarding the red and black wires being incorrectly described.

The "monster" plug is the menekes plug that is used in many of the non US markets. It allows 3 phase charging whereas the smaller US rule one doesn't as I understand it. So yes your car has a "monster" socket to match"

Thanks TesAus.
I must say I am rather disappointed that Tesla sent the wrong instructions.
The error message displayed by the Wall unit was 4 red flashes which is supposed to denote "ground lost" which is NOT the problem.

My "MyTesla" page has a new (25/11/14) link to download a user manual which is also probably an old version - no mention of Auto Pilot features.
Sloppy work I reckon.

My "MyTesla" page has a new (25/11/14) link to download a user manual which is also probably an old version - no mention of Auto Pilot features.
Sloppy work I reckon.

Thanks for spotting that, I've been looking forward to checking out the AU manual

The only "Auto Pilot" features available right now on any Tesla are lane departure warning (page 49) and speed assist (which only rates a brief mention on page 68 with a dangling link) plus they've updated the manual to reflect the new stalk layout (cruise control below the indicators/wipers, cars built before mid 2014 had them the other way around) so it is fairly up to date
Pity the illustrations are all LHD

- Matt

You need to click on "Model S Guides" otherwise it only shows the release notes.
s-updates.png
s-guides.png

Last edited:
Hi Timpoo and all,
I've confirmed my order on 25/11/14 - very exciting.
All the info I've seen on this forum inspired me to go ahead.
My car is: S85, solid white, 19" wheels, white roof, black textile seats, piano black decor, tech package, smart air suspension.
What a great car! Can't wait to drive it.
This week I spent a while looking over the Pearl White Model S that's at the Macquarie Shopping Centre (Sydney) until tomorrow. Pearl white is an attractive colour.
I'm expecting delivery in March.
imagejpeg

We now have more than 50 orders in the spreadsheet, so whilst it obviously doesn't capture all the sales, it actually does provide a good snapshot of where Tesla are at in Australia.

The thing that I find most interesting is that many people have switched to the P85D, despite its high cost. That tells me that performance is a key consideration for many Tesla buyers - something they'll probably keep on improving in the future. Point is, they're probably not going to bring out a Mitsubishi i-Miev anytime soon.