Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live stream of a factory delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent a lot of time at Palo Alto / Deer Creek HQ today. Ran into a lot of people I know. LOL! Not thinking of anything I can share that's of any particular interest. Was great to meet sales, ownership, mobile app team, folks responsible for the build & delivery tracking systems, etc... And as always, there was nothing I could tell them (e.g. any of our recent complaints about cold weather or 12v issues) that was new to them. They're on top of things.

Gonna tour the factory around noon PT tomorrow ... then do a delivery thing around 2. I don't know if I'll live stream it (I don't even know if I have enough signal to do it -- we haven't visited the location ahead of time to check logistics). I should at least have a recording that I can post. Probably not exciting to folks here but it might be worthwhile to try to get it covered by the big sites (e.g. Engadget).

Cant wait to see then video!

I spent a lot of time at Palo Alto / Deer Creek HQ today. Ran into a lot of people I know. LOL! Not thinking of anything I can share that's of any particular interest. Was great to meet sales, ownership, mobile app team, folks responsible for the build & delivery tracking systems, etc... And as always, there was nothing I could tell them (e.g. any of our recent complaints about cold weather or 12v issues) that was new to them. They're on top of things.

Gonna tour the factory around noon PT tomorrow ... then do a delivery thing around 2. I don't know if I'll live stream it (I don't even know if I have enough signal to do it -- we haven't visited the location ahead of time to check logistics). I should at least have a recording that I can post. Probably not exciting to folks here but it might be worthwhile to try to get it covered by the big sites (e.g. Engadget).

Ben, Have fun out there! Any update on the production rate? I had heard some folks who visited in early Dec said they were only running 45 cars a day with 2 shifts. That's only @300/wk if they're running 7 days. Also what are those folks you spoke to saying about resolving the 12v battery issue and fogging.. They are aware but what changes are they making? Please share as much detail as possible. Communication from TM Mngt has slowed and many of us expecting delivery that recently finalized are anxious to get an update to ease out concerns. Appreciate anything you can share. Thx!

Ben, Have fun out there! Any update on the production rate? I had heard some folks who visited in early Dec said they were only running 45 cars a day with 2 shifts. That's only @300/wk if they're running 7 days. Also what are those folks you spoke to saying about resolving the 12v battery issue and fogging.. They are aware but what changes are they making? Please share as much detail as possible. Communication from TM Mngt has slowed and many of us expecting delivery that recently finalized are anxious to get an update to ease out concerns. Appreciate anything you can share. Thx!

Regarding the fogging, I have read in several places across the forums that it is most likely due to new material off-gassing and that cleaning the window with Windex then applying a product like RainX anti-fog works perfectly, so.. no real issue there.

Regarding the fogging, I have read in several places across the forums that it is most likely due to new material off-gassing and that cleaning the window with Windex then applying a product like RainX anti-fog works perfectly, so.. no real issue there.

JHS, please look through the winter driving thread before you dismiss it as a non-issue. There are reports from drivers in cold climate that there is noticeably unequal air flow in the driver / passenger front vents, with fogging (or worse, inside frosting) of the parts of the windshield and front window on the driver's side, without significant issues on the passenger side. Off-gassing may account for some fogging issues, but it is unlikely to be the unique culprit with an asymmetrical distribution.

JHS, please look through the winter driving thread before you dismiss it as a non-issue. There are reports from drivers in cold climate that there is noticeably unequal air flow in the driver / passenger front vents, with fogging (or worse, inside frosting) of the parts of the windshield and front window on the driver's side, without significant issues on the passenger side. Off-gassing may account for some fogging issues, but it is unlikely to be the unique culprit with an asymmetrical distribution.

True, but I don't recall reading one reported case where somebody, no matter what the climate, applied Windex/RainX and subsequently experienced fogging, regardless of reported air-flow issues.

I do agree though that the HVAC system seems like it definitely needs improvement since I have heard about similar uneven side window/rear seat airflow issues. I was just addressing the fogging issue, and what I have read. It's all academic until I actually get my hands on my car.

Even if I got the answers to fogging, 12v, and production rate, I wouldn't be allowed to discuss. I'll dig anyway because I completely forgot to discuss fogging or get details on 12v stuff -- and maybe see what I'm allowed to share (in case there is anything).

JHS et al: Regarding the fogging, there's definitely still an issue even if you clean the windshield and set the HVAC manually -- nothing that interferes with forward vision but the left side of the windshield and portions of the left window remain fogged. Setting HVAC to auto is a sure way to go blind. Anyway, let's not go off-topic here :smile:

Even if I got the answers to fogging, 12v, and production rate, I wouldn't be allowed to discuss. I'll dig anyway because I completely forgot to discuss fogging or get details on 12v stuff -- and maybe see what I'm allowed to share (in case there is anything).

JHS et al: Regarding the fogging, there's definitely still an issue even if you clean the windshield and set the HVAC manually -- nothing that interferes with forward vision but the left side of the windshield and portions of the left window remain fogged. Setting HVAC to auto is a sure way to go blind. Anyway, let's not go off-topic here :smile:

Awesome! It's like TMC has its very own ambassador :). Thanks cinergi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Even *I* (haha) learned new stuff on this one! :smile:
The youtube version has been edited up and rendering now ... I doubt I'll be able to upload it from the hotel ... but I'll try :) I fly out at 8am PT tomorrow morning.