Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my local gallery today asking about a LR RWD Red with white interior and the 19’s. Before the price change that car was $52,500 on the site. I was told there is a matching car on its way to that gallery and that it would be $50,000 even. I was sent a link to see the details of the car and it confirmed the $50,000 price (this was at around 3pm). Tonight I clicked the link in the email again and the car is now $49,000.... I placed my order!!!

I was told it has 3 miles on it so not a demo car, it was on its way to this store to become a demo/test drive unit.

I’m still in shock that after all this time I finally did it

Reactions: InParadise
Because RWD LR is now off the online menu, I called my local Tesla store (Mission Viejo) and asked for the new price of the "base" Black RWD LR with the default premium black interior, and now with Autopilot standard, and I was quoted a price of $45,500.

So, as far as I can tell, these are the price changes for RWD LR:

$49,000 initially ($35,000 base + $9,000 for larger battery + $5,000 for premium interior)
$43,000 in January after the tax credit was halved (at this point premium interior is offered as standard for RWD LR configurations)
$44,500 after the 3% increase
$45,500 (off menu) after the 4/11 announcement that Autopilot is now standard.

Because RWD LR is now off the online menu, I called my local Tesla store (Mission Viejo) and asked for the new price of the "base" Black RWD LR with the default premium black interior, and now with Autopilot standard, and I was quoted a price of $45,500.

Interesting. I saw $44,500 mentioned on Reddit. Between the autopilot and paint I should be getting a discount on my order, but I haven't heard back yet (sales rep is sick).

At the price you have the AWD is $4k more. I have to think at what point it makes more sense to get AWD. I don't really need it though.

Interesting. I saw $44,500 mentioned on Reddit. Between the autopilot and paint I should be getting a discount on my order, but I haven't heard back yet (sales rep is sick).

At the price you have the AWD is $4k more. I have to think at what point it makes more sense to get AWD. I don't really need it though.

The rep I spoke to said the computer was showing a car in inventory priced at $44,500, but then he noticed that it didn't have Autopilot. He said, "That one will probably be re-priced at $45,500 because Autopilot is now being made standard."

The rep I spoke to said the computer was showing a car in inventory priced at $44,500, but then he noticed that it didn't have Autopilot. He said, "That one will probably be re-priced at $45,500 because Autopilot is now being made standard."

That doesn't really make sense. Standard is standard, not $1K more.

My order is a LR RWD, auto pilot, red with black interior and 19" wheels. Was $51K...so does that mean it's $3500 cheaper now if AP is standard and red paint dropped $500?

That doesn't really make sense. Standard is standard, not $1K more.

My order is a LR RWD, auto pilot, red with black interior and 19" wheels. Was $51K...so does that mean it's $3500 cheaper now if AP is standard and red paint dropped $500?

So based on what I was quoted, and based on the reduced color prices, that configuration (if ordered this morning) would be:
Base $45,500
Autopilot Included
Red $2,000
19" Sport Wheels $1,500
Total $49,000

When did you order? Immediately prior to the changes on Thursday night, I believe your configuration would have been $51,500.
($44,500 Base + $3,000 Autopilot + $2,500 Red + $1,500 Sport Wheels)

I went to the store today. I have a VIN! (still not showing on my account) As of yesterday it was at the Matson terminal in Oakland with an EDD of 29 Apr. They tried to ping the car, but it didn't respond. I'm guessing it's either sailed out yesterday or it's inside a container.
Awesome! It's been a long wait for both of us. I also looked at the shipping schedules of Matson and Pasha and a bunch of boats arrive on the 17th. Crossing fingers! BTW, if you haven't seen, the Hawaii group has a lot of information unique to our aina.

I just got off the phone with my delivery advisor and was told that autopilot was NOT included in the LR RWD base price, which is now $1000 higher. So my same config would be more expensive if ordered today.

At those prices I just upgraded to AWD. If my advisor got the autopilot bit wrong please let me know as I don't really need AWD but it seemed silly to not upgrade now that the price is so close.

This is the newsworthy reply that I just got back from my sales rep [emphasis added]:

I just confirmed that the price for a base Long Range RWD will be $47,500.

Only the current offerings such as the Standard Range Plus, All Wheel Drive, and Performance Model have pricing updated.

So it seems to back up the theory that they are trying to discourage people from buying the Long Range RWD by requiring $3,000 for Autopilot in that configuration as opposed to the discounted Autopilot in their "advertised" configurations. As my rep pointed out, with the base Long Range RWD now priced at $47,500, it is only $2,000 more to go from Long Range RWD to Long Range All-Wheel Drive.

That $35,000 SR configuration with the Partial Premium Interior is starting to look better and better . . . .

• Helpful
Reactions: ishabazz
I *believe* what is happening is that the base cost of the car does not include autopilot, but once you add FSD in it is included. I was told that the price of the car remained the same yet I was also quoted 49,500 for a base model with FSD. It sort of makes sense from a SKU perspective, as there’s no $3K autopilot left on the menu, just the $5K FSD.

Now whether or not that has the FSD computer onboard or is included as an update after the fact is my big question.

My sales rep confirmed the earlier news I got that the price with autopilot is $1k more than before, and the price to go to AWD is only $1500 more.

It seems like different people are getting different messages, which I guess is to be expected since everything is done via phone, and the sales reps/etc probably barely have the full stories themselves. I ended up going with AWD, but if i could get RWD LR for maybe $4-5k less I'd probably prefer that. I'm not going to get RWD for $1.5k less than AWD - that makes no sense. They might be really trying to push people to the dual-motor config.

They just updated my order with the new pricing:

Car Price $55,700.00

Full Self-Driving Capability $5,000.00
Autopilot $3,000.00
Rear-Wheel Drive Included
Black and White Premium Interior $1,000.00
Deep Blue Metallic $1,000.00
Premium Interior Included
18’’ Aero Wheels Included
Model 3 $35,000.00
Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive $9,500.00
Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00

Looks like they're giving me credit for the paint reduction without raising the base price for my existing order, which is nice - so it would be a discount if I kept the order as-is. Even so it seems like upgrading to AWD makes more sense at the new prices.

Got a $5,660 price adjustment on mine! Total with full self driving = $43,840...
Photo attached. Posted in another forum but wanted to share here:

I had been in talks with a sales advisor for a few months now in hopes of landing a deal on an inventory model. RARELY do long range RWD get any price adjustments, and if they do, they get sold fast.

He called me with this car that just popped up in Austin, TX. LR RWD with FSD - Total being $43,840!

It was built in December 2018 and has 400 miles on it from a few test drives so they reduced it $5,660 obviously to clear out inventory of the LR RWD models.

Overall, I feel like this is an amazing deal! I was a day 1 reservation holder and can’t believe how this played out.

Still qualifies for the now $3,750 tax credit.
Even used a referral code on it too ha

Attachments

• F4FD7ED1-A713-496E-A5F7-EAEDFE04DE67.jpeg
    F4FD7ED1-A713-496E-A5F7-EAEDFE04DE67.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: InParadise
Thanks Indyquad. I was quoted 49,500 for those options, but admittedly I don’t know if it was a 2018/2019 or if it was a demo, etc. And could have been an error on the sales guy’s part. Hope to find out soon.

Any other recent prices out there for LR RWD cars with FSD?