Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered March 19. I got my Red LR RWD Aero in Kanata (suburb of Ottawa, Ontario) late this afternoon. I'll check it over more closely tomorrow but so far so very good! I won't be fine tooth combing the car for build issues, don't really expect/need perfection. I'll be putting my own scratches on it soon enough. 78% charge level and only 10 km. The only thing missing was the bolts for installing the rear license plate but a quick trip to Canadian Tire (my first "road trip" in the car) fixed that.
I'm a little embarrassed to report this, but I found my "missing" rear plate bolts. They were in the package of the front plate holder.

Last month I ordered our second LR RWD Model 3. Our first was delivered in August of last year with EAP, silver, black interior and 19” wheels. Love the car, VIN 067xxx.

We received our new blue Model 3 with white interior and standard aero wheels, they tried to deliver it on Sunday, March 31 just before midnight. (No thanks was our reply). We were traveling the following day and scheduled home delivery April 11, which went off flawlessly (VIN 321xxx, built March 2019).

Here’s my main take away on the current state of production and delivery in Texas: even in Texas they can deliver a car in 2 to 3 weeks. Quality of our new Model 3 is outstanding. The BASE Autopilot (that is now bundled) is NOT what I would call ‘autopilot’, I think of it as “traffic aware cruise control with lane keeping”, NO summon, NO lane change, NO auto park, NO Navigate on Autopilot. The price after delivery to get capabilities like my first M3 is $7000

I guess I should have looked at the website a little closer! (It is still a wonderful car, and cost about $6000 less after adjusted for the smaller federal tax credit!

Last month I ordered our second LR RWD Model 3. Our first was delivered in August of last year with EAP, silver, black interior and 19” wheels. Love the car, VIN 067xxx.

We received our new blue Model 3 with white interior and standard aero wheels, they tried to deliver it on Sunday, March 31 just before midnight. (No thanks was our reply). We were traveling the following day and scheduled home delivery April 11, which went off flawlessly (VIN 321xxx, built March 2019).

Here’s my main take away on the current state of production and delivery in Texas: even in Texas they can deliver a car in 2 to 3 weeks. Quality of our new Model 3 is outstanding. The BASE Autopilot (that is now bundled) is NOT what I would call ‘autopilot’, I think of it as “traffic aware cruise control with lane keeping”, NO summon, NO lane change, NO auto park, NO Navigate on Autopilot. The price after delivery to get capabilities like my first M3 is $7000

I guess I should have looked at the website a little closer! (It is still a wonderful car, and cost about $6000 less after adjusted for the smaller federal tax credit!

When in March did you order? I ordered a Blue/White LR AWD 18" Aeros with FSD on the 27th of March and have heard crickets. I keep getting told that I'm going to have to just keep waiting for the blue/white combo.

Ah I did it!

Ordered: 4/25
Config: White/Black/18" - No to AP/FSD

No VIN yet but I'm in no rush. I'm still waiting on all my financing from a credit union. My SA did reach out to me if I wanted inventory ones they could move from somewhere in CA but I declined for now.

Ah I did it!

Ordered: 4/25
Config: White/Black/18" - No to AP/FSD

No VIN yet but I'm in no rush. I'm still waiting on all my financing from a credit union. My SA did reach out to me if I wanted inventory ones they could move from somewhere in CA but I declined for now.
CONGRATS.

Interesting. I am in socal, and in touch with a socal sales rep, and am being told there are no LR RWD's to be had (including inventory/demo/showroom).

Can you PM your SA contact info? And or maybe I will just show up at the local delivery center and deal with someone else.

Reactions: yumcha
CONGRATS.

Interesting. I am in socal, and in touch with a socal sales rep, and am being told there are no LR RWD's to be had (including inventory/demo/showroom).

Can you PM your SA contact info? And or maybe I will just show up at the local delivery center and deal with someone else.

They aren't building them at the moment from what I've been reading. All new builds are SR and LR AWD:

[URL]https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/[/URL]

When in March did you order? I ordered a Blue/White LR AWD 18" Aeros with FSD on the 27th of March and have heard crickets. I keep getting told that I'm going to have to just keep waiting for the blue/white combo.

I ordered April 18, website wanted my info on the 19th, and website said details complete on the 20th. I got a call to offer me inventory cars on the 26th. Didn’t like any inventory offers, so waited for our car which arrived in Houston late night on the 31st!

So I ordered a SR+ got impatient and contacted my local rep. They found EXACTLY what I ordered but in a LR RWD variant.

So literally like the same day of my request I get the appointment to pickup TODAY. Turns out they accidentally assigned me a damaged car in inventory. Sucks, but they found another identical one for me and it's going to be available for pickup on Wednesday.

Its a Blue / White interior / Aero wheels LR RWD model. So excited! Even considering the pitfall I had from my request to my picku appointment was less than a week. I guess I just lucked out.

Base Price:
LR RWD $44,500
LR AWD $49,500

The AWD was $3K more than LR RWD prior to taking it off the menu. If the RWD does not come with AP, then it will be $5K less plus paint or wheel credit because AWD has mandatory AP.

AP for RWD is offered at $3K, a RWD with red paint and AP should be $4K less than an red AWD and $7K less if no AP is taken on RWD. It is a better deal than before it was taken off the menu if you select paint or wheels.

Red Paint with AP:
LR RWD $47,500
LR AWD $51,500

Last edited:
As of yesterday discussion with Tesla rep:
LR RWD = $44,500 base price + $3,000 autopilot = $47,500
LR AWD = $49.500 base price (includes AP) = $49,500
All other options add same cost to either car.

$2K price difference, not $4K.
There is a misunderstanding here. If you take possession by May 1st, with an option with paint or wheels, the RWD will waive a cost. You will have to pay for the same option on the AWD. I used Red Paint at $2000 option on both cars. Making it $4K difference.

Take note of details in thread. They are not building inventory LR RWD right now.

I’m not sure what that means. Tesla doesn’t build any custom order cars. All cars are built in batches based on their estimated forecast of demand for each trim and option combination. Then they are matched to specific orders.

They are not going to build one LR RWD vehicle just because someone orders it. They are either building a batch of them or they are not.

Reactions: torontohm3wait