Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would get a verbal confirmation on delivery date before you make plans to go down there. I executed my down payment for the loan (from Tesla) after I physically inspected the car. Check the VIN on the car to ensure it matches your VIN before you start inspection. They had the wrong car for my inspection and wasted some time after I verified the VIN was incorrect.
Thanks. I guess for the part of the Bay Area I’m in it’s delivery only. I asked about picking it up from the service center but was told that was no longer an option. Makes no sense to me as you would think it would make the process more efficient if I went to them than them to me. Oh well, if all goes well I should have a car on Wednesday.

I just got a delivery appointment for 5/15. Although, I don’t see a vin on my online account. When should I expect to see a vin?
I got mine the second I ordered it, because it is a inventory car. So I’m guessing the fact you don’t have a VIN means they are still producing Long Range RWDs, that’s good, O was thinking they’d stop since they took it off menu. They wouldn’t give me a new production one since they had inventory.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm in the Bay Area and will be getting our Model 3 on Friday. Ordered Long Range RWD after regretting ordered an SR+. Ordered with FSD. Excited!
Nice! On Sunday I got a VIN and scheduled delivery for Wednesday but that isn’t going to work. No one contacted me and I had no luck getting in touch with anyone today. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

What part of the Bay are you in? I’m in the South Bay and was told I they aren’t doing pickups at the service center anymore; have to do delivery. Same deal for you?

Nice! On Sunday I got a VIN and scheduled delivery for Wednesday but that isn’t going to work. No one contacted me and I had no luck getting in touch with anyone today. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

What part of the Bay are you in? I’m in the South Bay and was told I they aren’t doing pickups at the service center anymore; have to do delivery. Same deal for you?

I’m in San Jose. We went to the store at the factory to test drive and order as I figured it would be neat just to say we did.

After ordering the SR+ and thinking about it for a couple of days we sent a text to our sales person and changed the order to the off menu RWD LR instead.

After that the sales person stopped responding to texts and we found out yesterday she’s no longer with Tesla and we have another sales rep now. He doesn’t seem as nice and doesn’t want to give us the 5,000 miles of supercharger even though we ordered the LR on April 30th.

There was never an option to pick up at the factory... they insisted on delivery the whole time. We were told to not give the check to them until the car has been inspected... in case we need to refuse delivery. I’m excited but nervous that the quality of the build won’t live up to the cost of the car based on a couple of the threads I’ve been reading here.

He doesn’t seem as nice and doesn’t want to give us the 5,000 miles of supercharger even though we ordered the LR on April 30th.
Heh? If you have a referral code make sure to have them punch it in before delivery. My rep did it after the fact and said it’s a simple case they make on Salesforce. Same they had to do to adjust order from SR+ to LR RWD.

Unless you mean that you mod your order on the 30th? It goes off the original order date. If that’s the case, unless you cancel and reorder we’re stuck with the 1000.

We were told to not give the check to them until the car has been inspected... in case we need to refuse delivery. I’m excited but nervous that the quality of the build won’t live up to the cost of the car based on a couple of the threads I’ve been reading here.

Bear in mind you may see 10 or 20 people with serious issues here... but Tesla is delivering on the order of 10,000 cars a month. While there are undoubtedly manufacturing and delivery errors and the corresponding horror stories, I think reading about them on the forums gives a distorted view of the chances of needing to refuse delivery. (My delivery was great. We fixed some cosmetic stuff on the spot, but had I taken it home without that, I would not have been disappointed.) I don't mean to understate the problem that others have had, but I don't think the chances of one particular delivery running into that deserve the stress leading up to it.

Reactions: neroden
Bear in mind you may see 10 or 20 people with serious issues here... but Tesla is delivering on the order of 10,000 cars a month. While there are undoubtedly manufacturing and delivery errors and the corresponding horror stories, I think reading about them on the forums gives a distorted view of the chances of needing to refuse delivery. (My delivery was great. We fixed some cosmetic stuff on the spot, but had I taken it home without that, I would not have been disappointed.) I don't mean to understate the problem that others have had, but I don't think the chances of one particular delivery running into that deserve the stress leading up to it.

Oh, also don't forget that a lot of the bad delivery reports are from last year, when... well... there were a lot more problems. Someone had sabotaged the paint shop robots, suppliers were failing to supply parts, all kinds of things were going wrong, and they were rushing like mad to get cars out before the tax credit expiration at the end of December.

It's been MUCH better this year.

For folks that ordered LR RWD in the last week or so, without AP, did Tesla offer you any deals to take AP? E.g. we’ll throw in AP for $2K?

If not, how much were you offered to upgrade post purchase?

I thought I heard of that happening somewhere but recent experience would be helpful.

For folks that ordered LR RWD in the last week or so, without AP, did Tesla offer you any deals to take AP? E.g. we’ll throw in AP for $2K?

If not, how much were you offered to upgrade post purchase?

I thought I heard of that happening somewhere but recent experience would be helpful.
Nothing offered and I take delivery Saturday. Adding AP is still $3000 pre-delivery and I think $4000 after delivery? The “deals” from my tracking happen either end of each month or near quarter end. However, the times I checked it was either marking off the paint or white interior if delivery taken by x-date. To accomplish, you would basically be accepting an inventory or demo vehicle that matched cause the timelines for the special would be 1-3 days.

The LR RWD is off-menu now so I think most are being made-to-order in batches making it hard to time out. Kind of annoying when you are arranging your own financing via bank/credit union.

Can anyone confirm that the LR RWD is not being made any more? I planned to order one, and ordered the AWD instead when my rep told me I they couldn't be ordered at all now.
Just wanted to make sure she was right...

I just ordered one yesterday. Just insist, and have them check with their manager. They'll eventually put in the order as an AWD model, and then an 'engineer' will modify the order to be a RWD. I'm still waiting for the later half to happen, but is how the 'adviser' explained it to me.

I just ordered one yesterday. Just insist, and have them check with their manager. They'll eventually put in the order as an AWD model, and then an 'engineer' will modify the order to be a RWD. I'm still waiting for the later half to happen, but is how the 'adviser' explained it to me.

That's exactly what she told me would happen, but then she said she talked to the manager, and they said that wasn't working anymore.
Anyone else buy one today?

That's exactly what she told me would happen, but then she said she talked to the manager, and they said that wasn't working anymore.
Anyone else buy one today?
My process was this:
  1. Place order to generate a reservation number
  2. Tesla employee makes a “case” for it in Salesforce noting the adjustments to LR RWD.
  3. When the case has been updated, your Tesla profile updates to the LR RWD.
Might be worthwhile to just call their sales line instead since they might be more familiar. Please update if it is for sure forever gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike1080i
My process was this:
  1. Place order to generate a reservation number
  2. Tesla employee makes a “case” for it in Salesforce noting the adjustments to LR RWD.
  3. When the case has been updated, your Tesla profile updates to the LR RWD.
Might be worthwhile to just call their sales line instead since they might be more familiar. Please update if it is for sure forever gone.

Is there some sort of main sales line to call? Can't find anything like that on their website.