Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you who are waiting might want to make sure to recheck your order details on the My Tesla account. I just happen to notice that when the guy went in to change my order from AWD to RWD (he said he had to initially order it as such, and then it would take a day or two to change on the website), he must have also changed me from the 18" aero wheels to the 19" sport wheels!

Of course this also added $1500 to my order that I didn't notice until just now. I guess it's a good thing I don't have my VIN yet. I have the original order agreement AND the confirmation email when I first ordered the car that both show the 18" aero wheels as my choice. I'll have to call tomorrow and have them correct it.

I really don't want the 19" sport wheels, even if they offer them to me for free. I've heard they go through tires at a MUCH higher frequency, and I would prefer the efficiency boost of the aero caps, which I don't mind the look of.

Just got scheduled for the VIN that appeared earlier - 326077

Ordered - 05/24/2019 - Model 3 LR RWD / Deep Blue Metallic / Aero / Black Interior / AP
Scheduled Delivery Date - 06/13/19

That's great!! When you say 'VIN that appeared earlier', do you mean you got assigned this same VIN a while back and they took it back, now it's yours again? Just trying to figure out if this infamous 'new batch' that's supposedly will be done this week, are now completed, or if you just got matched earlier. Can you elaborate? if it is the new batch, we should be getting 'I got my VIN' posts very soon!

Either way, Congrats dude!! If i were you, i'll be dancing... i think i'll be sleeping with the car when it gets here. My wife will understand. :)

That's great!! When you say 'VIN that appeared earlier', do you mean you got assigned this same VIN a while back and they took it back, now it's yours again? Just trying to figure out if this infamous 'new batch' that's supposedly will be done this week, are now completed, or if you just got matched earlier. Can you elaborate? if it is the new batch, we should be getting 'I got my VIN' posts very soon!

Either way, Congrats dude!! If i were you, i'll be dancing... i think i'll be sleeping with the car when it gets here. My wife will understand. :)

(Not OP)
It's a 326xxx VIN, so likely one that has been in inventory or from Canada. The batch being produced this week should have a 4xxxxx VIN. There are SR+/AWD cars with 4xxxxx being assigned over in the other waiting rooms.

• Informative
Reactions: lax1mxb and jnnaka

Yes, I was given it, along with a delivery date of last Sunday. On Friday it disappeared and my delivery was set to June 28th. Now it got moved to Thursday and same VIN reappeared.

My gut, like all have stated, is that this one went to Canada and is now coming back. As long as it is HW3 I don't care. In fact I need homelink and I won't have to hassle if all else is good on the car.

Yes, I was given it, along with a delivery date of last Sunday. On Friday it disappeared and my delivery was set to June 28th. Now it got moved to Thursday and same VIN reappeared.

My gut, like all have stated, is that this one went to Canada and is now coming back. As long as it is HW3 I don't care. In fact I need homelink and I won't have to hassle if all else is good on the car.

This is really similar to the experience I've had while waiting. Got the "Your Model 3 is in transit..." text, set up a date and saw a VIN appear in my account. They they moved the date up a few days and the VIN disappeared along with my delivery date. I've been waiting ever since. Ugh.

This is really similar to the experience I've had while waiting. Got the "Your Model 3 is in transit..." text, set up a date and saw a VIN appear in my account. They they moved the date up a few days and the VIN disappeared along with my delivery date. I've been waiting ever since. Ugh.
My greatest fear right now is getting to Fremont for the pickup and the car is not a match. Now if by chance it is an upgrade and I don't have to pay....

Aw man, I feel like Hawkeye from Endgame. “LR RWD production starts this week!” I’m just like, “Don’t give me hope...”

Found myself too excited this morning in hopes I’d wake up to a VIN match text or email. Gosh if the VIN matching happens at like Sunday and I go through each day this week this excited, it’s going to be a tough time.

Aw man, I feel like Hawkeye from Endgame. “LR RWD production starts this week!” I’m just like, “Don’t give me hope...”

Found myself too excited this morning in hopes I’d wake up to a VIN match text or email. Gosh if the VIN matching happens at like Sunday and I go through each day this week this excited, it’s going to be a tough time.

Man, i hope we get the VIN's before that! If we get it on Sunday, i'm so screwed for i go on vacation Monday and i'll be gone for 9 days. My VIN will be given to someone else and i have to wait for another one when i get back!! I did enable international calling on my phone so that if Tesla calls, i'll be able to pick it up and BEG them to keep my VIN until i get back. Let's see if they will.

But i'm still PRAYING to get it before week's end. Then i can get it this weekend before i head out on vacation. (I placed my order mid May, THINKING i'll get the car by end of May..) so, almost a month waiting with no VIN.

Man, i hope we get the VIN's before that! If we get it on Sunday, i'm so screwed for i go on vacation Monday and i'll be gone for 9 days. My VIN will be given to someone else and i have to wait for another one when i get back!! I did enable international calling on my phone so that if Tesla calls, i'll be able to pick it up and BEG them to keep my VIN until i get back. Let's see if they will.

But i'm still PRAYING to get it before week's end. Then i can get it this weekend before i head out on vacation. (I placed my order mid May, THINKING i'll get the car by end of May..) so, almost a month waiting with no VIN.
Yeah thankfully being in California, my SC said delivery is usually a day to sometimes same day. So if it was not the end of the week you should be able to get it before you go. Might just need to get that “Tesla fever” and call in sick though

Reactions: lax1mxb
Yeah thankfully being in California, my SC said delivery is usually a day to sometimes same day. So if it was not the end of the week you should be able to get it before you go. Might just need to get that “Tesla fever” and call in sick though

That's already in the works!! I already planned out how i'll 'get sick' and somehow get to Fremont via public transportation, like Bart or Amtrak Capital Corridor, then uber it from the train station. Wife can't take off for we''re using it for our vacation already.

Give me that VIN please, Tesla...

• Funny
Reactions: lax1mxb
Just got scheduled for the VIN that appeared earlier - 326077

Ordered - 05/24/2019 - Model 3 LR RWD / Deep Blue Metallic / Aero / Black Interior / AP
Scheduled Delivery Date - 06/13/19

I’m the same config as you and my VIN is one of the inventory cars coming back. I had the same communication with the delivery date updated for the 13th.
Called the guy that has been keeping me updated at the dealership to find out how realistic the 13th is. He told me the 13th probably won’t happen. It will most likely update again and arrive this weekend or closer to the 20th. Said they will need 24 hours to clean/prepare the car too before I can drive to pick it up (I’m 2 hours away from my pick up location).

Sounds like you are a lot closer to Fremont so maybe you will actually get yours Thursday!

I’m the same config as you and my VIN is one of the inventory cars coming back. I had the same communication with the delivery date updated for the 13th.
Called the guy that has been keeping me updated at the dealership to find out how realistic the 13th is. He told me the 13th probably won’t happen. It will most likely update again and arrive this weekend or closer to the 20th. Said they will need 24 hours to clean/prepare the car too before I can drive to pick it up (I’m 2 hours away from my pick up location).

Sounds like you are a lot closer to Fremont so maybe you will actually get yours Thursday!

Don't get me too excited!! i won't be able to work rest of the week. this forum, at this point is more important than my work Instant Messaging from my coworkers. LOL