Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t want no 19 wheels, did not order them for a reason. If Tesla makes me miss the tax credit, either give me a cash discount or give me free FSD, which technically is higher price, but from cash flow perspective does not cost them anything.
I agree. I don't want the 19 inch wheels either.

Today, I received the "Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery" email from Tesla. No VIN yet. They changed the delivery location from my home address to one of the pickup locations which is what I requested initially. I called and talked with an advisor at my local Tesla store yesterday. He felt strongly that I should have a VIN by the Friday. He requested that I call back on Friday if I have not received one.

Okay. So Tesla called me about the 19" wheels. They said that they made more of that configuration than the 18" aero versions so they will do a free upgrade to 19" wheels and get my car before the end of the month didn't really do a solid guarantee but they mentioned that there was a very slim chance if I changed to 18" aero now that I would get it before the end of the month.

They said the discount will be reflected during the final paperwork.

I don't understand, isn't the difference between the 19" sport wheels and 18" aero wheels just....the wheels?

If it's true that the car will be delivered sooner with the 19" wheels vs the 18" wheels, then I want to see if I can get them to agree to give me the 19" wheels for now, and then take my car to a service center and swap them out for the 18" wheels whenever they get them.

I don't want the 19", but I'll gladly use them for a little bit before switching to fresh new 18" wheels if it means I get the car by June 30th.

I don't understand, isn't the difference between the 19" sport wheels and 18" aero wheels just....the wheels?

If it's true that the car will be delivered sooner with the 19" wheels vs the 18" wheels, then I want to see if I can get them to agree to give me the 19" wheels for now, and then take my car to a service center and swap them out for the 18" wheels whenever they get them.

I don't want the 19", but I'll gladly use them for a little bit before switching to fresh new 18" wheels if it means I get the car by June 30th.

Yea I don't know why it is so difficult to just swap wheels. I guess there is a shortage or something or they can't ship them to the east coast on time. Dunno. Good thought though. I might try asking the same thing to see if they will bite.

I know that I've asked this previously and they were pretty adamant about Model 3 not doing wheel swaps, however in the case of being automatically changed from 18", I think it's a compelling arguement to say that you'd be willing to get the 19" wheels if you can swap them out after the Q2 push.

I was supposed to take delivery on June 3, then June 8 and finally tomorrow on June 13. Just got a call from my advisor and the date has been pushed back again until June 25-30. Supposedly the car is built and coming from Canada.

I don’t need a car, but Tesla’s logistics system seems pretty backwards. It shouldn’t be that difficult to move cars that are already built.

• Informative
Reactions: jnnaka
I was supposed to take delivery on June 3, then June 8 and finally tomorrow on June 13. Just got a call from my advisor and the date has been pushed back again until June 25-30. Supposedly the car is built and coming from Canada.

I don’t need a car, but Tesla’s logistics system seems pretty backwards. It shouldn’t be that difficult to move cars that are already built.

Our cars are probably on the same truck (I’m picking up in Raleigh)! I was told tentative 06/19, so hopefully yours will arrive earlier also. I can’t imagine it would take 10+ days to drive from Washington out here.

There are still 19 days left in June. Tesla produces as many as 900 cars per day. There is no reason they can’t fulfill all of the existing LR RWD orders before the end of the month. Tesla salespeople do not have access to the production/planning team so they really have no idea what Tesla is going to produce next. 90% of the stuff Tesla salespeople tell you is just flat out wrong.

Tesla needs to sell as many cars as they can before the end of the month to please shareholders. Just hang in there and ignore the nonsense coming from the sales team. They only get in the way and make things worse.

• Love
Reactions: 3Sweet
There are still 19 days left in June. Tesla produces as many as 900 cars per day. There is no reason they can’t fulfill all of the existing LR RWD orders before the end of the month. Tesla salespeople do not have access to the production/planning team so they really have no idea what Tesla is going to produce next. 90% of the stuff Tesla salespeople tell you is just flat out wrong.

Tesla needs to sell as many cars as they can before the end of the month to please shareholders. Just hang in there and ignore the nonsense coming from the sales team. They only get in the way and make things worse.

This. It amazes me how many different "alternative theories" and "plot twists" I've seen posited by people who simply don't know.

Reactions: lax1mxb and jnnaka

You should be able to easily swap those wheels with someone else that doesn't want their Aero wheels + some ca$h in your pocket. Look in Craigslist, Offerup, FB marketplace or other forums. It's a win win.

Reactions: davewill
my wheels were changed as well. email sent to my OA. i ordered MSM, white interior, aero wheels, AP
Yeah it seems the trend of changing wheels is white interior. They might have tried to change certain configurations with white interior to increase production, similar to the temporary lack of white interior in some countries

You should be able to easily swap those wheels with someone else that doesn't want their Aero wheels + some ca$h in your pocket. Look in Craigslist, Offerup, FB marketplace or other forums. It's a win win.

That's a good point, but I would rather pass on the $750 or whatever I might be able to get for them to just not have to screw around with all that. This process is kind if turning in to a headache.

UPDATE: Just got a call from someone from my dealership and my vehicle is arriving tonight! I am picking it up Thursday on the expected date of 6/13! Can’t believe this is finally happening.

So anyone waiting for DBM/Black interior and aero wheels that is an inventory car coming back from Canada... it’s looking good for us!

Awesome! Refresh our minds again, when was your order date and when did you receive your VIN?

What do you mean white interior ?
Yeah I probably could have rephrased this better. It seems a good amount of those who had their wheels automatically change had order configurations with white interior. JoeCoolMan24, jvmoore1, IronQQQ, and possibly others had white interior configurations and their order changed to 19". There was a previous instance (I think in Japan) where customers couldn't purchase white interior and they said no to offering it because they wanted to increase production efficency since it wasn't as large of a market. This case might be similar where they want to limit the amount of configurations for this Q2 LR RWD production so they changed some people to a different configuraiton for optimization.

Yeah I probably could have rephrased this better. It seems a good amount of those who had their wheels automatically change had order configurations with white interior. JoeCoolMan24, jvmoore1, IronQQQ, and possibly others had white interior configurations and their order changed to 19". There was a previous instance (I think in Japan) where customers couldn't purchase white interior and they said no to offering it because they wanted to increase production efficency since it wasn't as large of a market. This case might be similar where they want to limit the amount of configurations for this Q2 LR RWD production so they changed some people to a different configuraiton for optimization.
Interesting... I was sweating. I want my white interior. :) Fingers crossed for this FRIDAY!!

Interesting... I was sweating. I want my white interior. :) Fingers crossed for this FRIDAY!!
Yeah they might be optimizing production by forcing any LR RWD with white interior to have 19" wheels, so anyone with white and 18" got changed. Can everyone who's order change confirm? This could prove that they are at least planning production and it'll be pretty good for you since this is your config (white interior with 19")