Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: Raleigh, NC. Delivery pushed back again to 06/20. Car is apparently still in transit.
The waiting game is STRONG.

UPDATE: Texted my contact at the local Tesla and confirmed that they are no longer ordering LR RWD. He stated that it means that those that got in before the cut off will get their cars.

This is aligning with what was mentioned earlier that possibly this weekend we should get VINs and delivery dates. It MUST happen soon for us to to make it before the end of June!

Reactions: lax1mxb
UPDATE:

So I called Tesla this morning to get myself a sale adviser. They promptly emailed me within minutes, hooking me up with someone. That guy just called me a few minutes ago and made me an offer.....

He said even though he is still confident I would be able to get my LR RWD before June 30th, my exact configuration, but in an AWD version, was on it's way to the midwest. So he offered to comp my paint and my interior color ($1000 for each). So essentially that would mean an extra $2000 to jump to the AWD and get the car within the week.

HOWEVER, Tesla had ALREADY applied the $1500 price adjustment to my car earlier in the week when they screwed up my wheel size. Without directly mentioning this price adjustment over the phone to him, I asked him to confirm that my current "amount due" would only increase by $2000 (plus tax). He said yes, which means the $1500 discount is still on my account.

So what that really breaks down to is that I upgraded from RWD to AWD for a total of $500, and I'll have it within the week! My purchase price is $49,600.

Just for reference....my config was RWD, 18" aero, MMS, White interior, no FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnnaka and lax1mxb
UPDATE: Raleigh, NC. Delivery pushed back again to 06/20. Car is apparently still in transit. Have had a VIN and vehicle match since 05/25 (Canadian inventory that was probably sent back to the US).

If my experience has proven anything...even if the cars are being built and they get loaded up on a truck today, they probably won’t get to the east coast by June 30.

That's what I'm afraid of too. I'm talking with my Raleigh sales associate who's offering me AWDs instead. He's offering to gift the 19" wheels. That's still $4k more than my original RWD/Blue/Aero order. I'm not really interested in AWD w/ the climate we got here. I'm in limbo what to do, since I'll also lose almost $2k in tax credit if I don't take delivery this year. Decisions, decisions.

UPDATE:

So I called Tesla this morning to get myself a sale adviser. They promptly emailed me within minutes, hooking me up with someone. That guy just called me a few minutes ago and made me an offer.....

He said even though he is still confident I would be able to get my LR RWD before June 30th, my exact configuration, but in an AWD version, was on it's way to the midwest. So he offered to comp my paint and my interior color ($1000 for each). So essentially that would mean an extra $2000 to jump to the AWD and get the car within the week.

HOWEVER, Tesla had ALREADY applied the $1500 price adjustment to my car earlier in the week when they screwed up my wheel size. Without directly mentioning this price adjustment over the phone to him, I asked him to confirm that my current "amount due" would only increase by $2000 (plus tax). He said yes.

So what that really breaks down to is that I upgraded from RWD to AWD for a total of $500, and I'll have it within the week! My purchase price is $49,600.

If you are serious about considering his offer, ask him to email you the offer with all the discounts and the final out the door price.

If you are serious about considering his offer, ask him to email you the offer with all the discounts and the final out the door price.

Oh, trust me, I already told him yes. lol. I just refreshed my account page and now shows AWD, but with the $1500 discount still on there. I just called him back to adjust my name on the registration from Joe to Joseph, and said he is currently working on comping the paint and interior charges off of my account. So when he does, it should show $49,600 as the car price.

UPDATE:

HOWEVER, Tesla had ALREADY applied the $1500 price adjustment to my car earlier in the week when they screwed up my wheel size. Without directly mentioning this price adjustment over the phone to him, I asked him to confirm that my current "amount due" would only increase by $2000 (plus tax). He said yes, which means the $1500 discount is still on my account.

that is awesome! there is an awd with my config in san antonio that if i could get the same deal i would take it.

My advisor emailed me earlier and said she didn't know why my config changed and that she didn't see anything on the back end. she went ahead and changed it back, but the price adjustment is still showing. hopefully this doesn't affect my delivery

I think I am going to hold out for the LR RWD unless I am offered a deal I can not refuse. AWD is not important to me. The longer range is. I will consider an AWD only if I can not get the LR RWD. According to the advisors, we should know by tomorrow or Monday. I feel confident that we will get our LR RWD, so much so that I had my nema 14-50 installed in my garage today.

Oh, trust me, I already told him yes. lol. I just refreshed my account page and now shows AWD, but with the $1500 discount still on there. I just called him back to adjust my name on the registration from Joe to Joseph, and said he is currently working on comping the paint and interior charges off of my account. So when he does, it should show $49,600 as the car price.
Awesome deal. Hope it works out. Congratulations!

I called and spoke to an associate store manager at the Fremont location a short while ago. He confirmed that the RWD were currently in production and we should expect VINs to be assigned by this weekend or very early next week. If you are local, you can expect to have delivery within a day of VIN being assigned.

Oh man....knowing this is getting close to reality is kicking in my refresh anxiety syndrome....... :D

I think I am going to hold out for the LR RWD unless I am offered a deal I can not refuse. AWD is not important to me. The longer range is. I will consider an AWD only if I can not get the LR RWD. According to the advisors, we should know by tomorrow or Monday. I feel confident that we will get our LR RWD, so much so that I had my nema 14-50 installed in my garage today.

Oh, I was in the same camp as you. AWD didn't matter to me, even though I am in the Chicagoland area and we do get snow, I just didn't care to spend the extra money. But for $500? I couldn't say no to that. The 15 miles or so of range loss doesn't matter to me since my daily commute is about 20 miles anyway.

Awesome deal. Hope it works out. Congratulations!
Congrats to Appleaday.

With every day that goes by it looks like it will be deliveries like crazy on the West Coast and "lets make a deal" everywhere else.

I have had so long to think about it that I am happy with the LR RWD configuration. However, its basically an interesting call as to whether you would rather have an AWD with less range for about the same price by July 1, or just wait for the LR RWD and get more range and seek a discount for missing out on the July 1 cut off.

Its even more interesting when you consider that the play, understandably, is to wait until they offer something. Huh.

Reactions: Appleaday
UPDATE:

That's one hell of a deal! I would snatch that in an instant! Wow. How the heck can I get that deal!

UPDATE: Raleigh, NC. Delivery pushed back again to 06/20. Car is apparently still in transit. Have had a VIN and vehicle match since 05/25 (Canadian inventory that was probably sent back to the US).

If my experience has proven anything...even if the cars are being built and they get loaded up on a truck today, they probably won’t get to the east coast by June 30.

Well your car needs to cross the border customs etc, so likely not a good comparison.

It’s sort of comical how some Tesla reps offer major discounts to move customers up to an AWD while other reps say there are no discounts available. Do any of these people read this forum and realize that everything they say and do gets posted here for everyone to read?
Well, maybe they do, but you can sort of explain all the behavior of the sales crew by imagining the differing response they might have to whether they get a bonus or not. Some sales people might be more the personality type to hang in there, others might be more like "I have got to move something."

Oh, I was in the same camp as you. AWD didn't matter to me, even though I am in the Chicagoland area and we do get snow, I just didn't care to spend the extra money. But for $500? I couldn't say no to that. The 15 miles or so of range loss doesn't matter to me since my daily commute is about 20 miles anyway.

I'm curious how it's only $500 more? I got the same offer going from a LW RWD to an LR AWD. The agent said he would comp the wheel & paint which comes out to $2500 ($1000 paint job, $1500 wheel upgrade). But the difference in base car price would still have come out to $2500 extra.

Was your upgrade for a standard AWD? Or a LR AWD? If standard I guess that makes sense for the base car price being the same and your total difference only coming out to $500.