Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow props, may I ask for both of you guys, why now? I would have probably tried to get in during last years tax credit.

I preordered before the unveil event as well and didn't pull the trigger till now. Just didn't have the funds. Plus wanted there to be a little more traction with the building of these vehicles as well as more ironed out support. Happy I waited as we get the upgraded seats!

Wow props, may I ask for both of you guys, why now? I would have probably tried to get in during last years tax credit.

Going to replace our ancient ICE (14+ yrs old, our average for almost all the cars we've owned). Likely will never buy another ICE in my lifetime. Finally becoming an all-EV household. i can speak from 7+ years of EV driving that the joy is real. And once you get hooked, there is no going back. We also hope to replace our Leaf with a Y before the end of next year.

This fiscal quarter feels tame compared to the adrenalin on these forums during previous quarter-endings. The Austin service center parking lot is packed with new cars. An SR+ or AWD is fairly easy to find. But the additional range (332 in IRL vs 300 for the AWD) will make a difference during those supercharger stops and the tapering after 80% charge.

Edit: The S is a bit too wide to zip around in the city and drives like a big boat, imho. The MC-Red has incredible road presence (pretty car) and so attracts plenty of attention. So the wife gets to drive it.

Best to everyone.

Last edited: