Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow props, may I ask for both of you guys, why now? I would have probably tried to get in during last years tax credit.

A few reasons. I was originally planning on getting the SR car. So I was waiting on that. I also don't make enough to qualify for the $7500. Honestly, probably only enough to get about $3000 back as it stands. THEN, once I found out that the SR version wasn't going to have premium interior yet, I decided I would get the MR version. But my girlfriend and I were also started to get serious about buying our first home together. So I had to make sure I took care of that process first. That took up most of 2019 so far. We closed on the house on April 24th, but by that time, the MR had gone away. So my decision then was between the SR+ and the LR RWD. Then the RWD went off-menu. And I was told by a store employee that it was done being sold. Then my plan was to just wait until the end of the quarter and see what offers would be there. In the meantime I found out the RWD actually WAS still being made and Tesla was running the 5,000 free supercharger credits promo until May 28th. So I finally decided to order my car on May 27th. Then since then, I got upgraded to the AWD version for $500. It's been a helluva journey so far, I've pretty much run the entire gamut of Model 3s, except for the performance version, which I would never consider anyway.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Got a new VIN assigned last night after 10pm.

White/Black/18"/no FSD

331XXX

Looking like all of ours are straight from the factory. I did previously get matched with an inventory model, but it was a demo with 700 miles. Doesn't seem worth it for the marginal 800 dollar discount. It was a March 2019 build, so I'll gladly take this June 2019 build. Just hoping it will have Homelink.

A few reasons. I was originally planning on getting the SR car. So I was waiting on that. I also don't make enough to qualify for the $7500. Honestly, probably only enough to get about $3000 back as it stands. THEN, once I found out that the SR version wasn't going to have premium interior yet, I decided I would get the MR version. But my girlfriend and I were also started to get serious about buying our first home together. So I had to make sure I took care of that process first. That took up most of 2019 so far. We closed on the house on April 24th, but by that time, the MR had gone away. So my decision then was between the SR+ and the LR RWD. Then the RWD went off-menu. And I was told by a store employee that it was done being sold. Then my plan was to just wait until the end of the quarter and see what offers would be there. In the meantime I found out the RWD actually WAS still being made and Tesla was running the 5,000 free supercharger credits promo until May 28th. So I finally decided to order my car on May 27th. Then since then, I got upgraded to the AWD version for $500. It's been a helluva journey so far, I've pretty much run the entire gamut of Model 3s, except for the performance version, which I would never consider anyway.

The current max federal tax credit is only $3750. That amount is only good if you take delivery from 1/1/2019 to 6/30/2019.

The $7500 tax credit was only good until 12/31/2018.

The current max federal tax credit is only $3750. That amount is only good if you take delivery from 1/1/2019 to 6/30/2019.

The $7500 tax credit was only good until 12/31/2018.
I think that was his point. He could not take full advantage of the $7500 tax credit, so waited until it came down to a figure he could fully exploit (and in the meantime his car came way down in price). Smart !

Last edited:
So, the sequence for me has been: Order 5/22 White/Black/Aero/FSD. Crickets until VIN pops up in the source code 6/15. Went to store, guy noted car was on its way to SoCal, sent MVPA to me via email, this morning, 6/16, text to schedule delivery date, delivery apointment 6/19.

So, it was the "check the source code for VIN" move which started things off. Before there is a VIN not sure Tesla employees have anything to check on.