Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I have a question, noticed on my tail lights there are two holes on each side, clearly from the factory because what would the chances be of perfectly circular holes in the same place on both sides being a defect? I assume this was to fix the issues from last year with people complaining about condensation building up in the lights.

So my question is wouldn't these two holes also let water inside the light when it rains?

Also I have a question, noticed on my tail lights there are two holes on each side, clearly from the factory because what would the chances be of perfectly circular holes in the same place on both sides being a defect? I assume this was to fix the issues from last year with people complaining about condensation building up in the lights.

So my question is wouldn't these two holes also let water inside the light when it rains?
My car does not have holes, they have little circles from molding pins. There is no hole. I'm not saying that water can't get in, but the "holes" you're seeing are not where it gets in.

Would you post a picture of the holes? Just want to know where to look for mine. Thanks

Picked mine up today!

Good news on the big stuff, no glass or paint issues. No panel/gap issues.

Smallish bad news, the phone mount tray will not pop up. So we have no option to place our phones where they belong until they provide a fix. Gonna have to spend probably 2h bringing it back for a fix. Also, really cheap move by Tesla to not include the phone cables on a premium interior car. Those things couldnt cost more than a buck a piece to make and you're gonna make people buy them! Come on Tesla, really disappointing. Now we have to order and wait for these dumb things.

The tray issue might be something mobile can handle.

Tesla is showing 90 Model 3's in stock in the Southern California area. They are obviously pushing to close as many deals as possible by end of day tomorrow to make their Q2 numbers. If you haven't already completed your purchase now is the time to strike. There are no LR RWD models but if you tell them you want one they might offer a discount on an AWD model to move more vehicles.

Would you post a picture of the holes? Just want to know where to look for mine. Thanks
Also I checked them with a toothpick and even though they look to the eye that they are clear through they aren't.

Imgur
o98RWoE

tSKXVJ6

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CaliM3 and SMAlset
I picked up my Model 3 LR RWD, Black and 19” rims from Charlotte today. Overall the car was in very good condition. Slightly surprised that the detail was just average. Other than that there were a few minor issues with the rubber trim, but I told myself I’m not going to be crazy.

Fit and finish is similar to my 2016 BMW X5. Mostly good, but some minor issues that aren’t noteworthy. The employees in Charlotte were super helpful and walked me through the entire car. Took about 25 minutes. Very Apple like experience.

I think you will like the AWD. After tooling around in my LR RWD for a few days on highway, twisty canyons, and local streets, it is fast but I wouldn't mind even faster because despite the speed, there is so much control. It's very balanced.

And the 19" look great. I'm so happy I got the 19" comped.

And blue on white looks really sharp. Enjoy!

Picked up my M3 last Thursday, 2 day early, originally schedule for today (Saturday).
Didn't get the LR RWD, but they offered me the LR AWD and comped the paint and the wheels, so I can't complain!

Minor issues, the front and rear door window trim pieces look to be off a bit, they said that they'll take a look at it when I schedule a service appointment. Also, there were some dirty fingerprints all over the roof liner and the sun visors.

No 14-50 plug adapter, no USB cables and no HomeLink in my car, but since I placed the order before 5/31, HomeLink will be installed next Friday for free.

Delivery experience was great!
Probably took like 40 minutes.

VERY happy with the car!
Loving my Blue/White/19" LR AWD!!

IMG_1906.jpgIMG_1907.jpg IMG_1909.jpg IMG_1910.jpg

Picked up my M3 last Thursday, 2 day early, originally schedule for today (Saturday).
Didn't get the LR RWD, but they offered me the LR AWD and comped the paint and the wheels, so I can't complain!

Minor issues, the front and rear door window trim pieces look to be off a bit, they said that they'll take a look at it when I schedule a service appointment. Also, there were some dirty fingerprints all over the roof liner and the sun visors.

No 14-50 plug adapter, no USB cables and no HomeLink in my car, but since I placed the order before 5/31, HomeLink will be installed next Friday for free.

Delivery experience was great!
Probably took like 40 minutes.

VERY happy with the car!
Loving my Blue/White/19" LR AWD!!

View attachment 424818View attachment 424824 View attachment 424822 View attachment 424821
Hi

You can try our new all weather floor mats for Model 3. They have been very well received by the market and everyone who has bought them loves them for the quality and value. Most importantly, you are getting the right amount of protection for what is expected from a set of all weather mats.

Now they are on special for $79.99 on amazon. You can check out the forum responses.

Vendor - Road Comforts All Weather Custom Fit Mats - $79.99 for Model 3

link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Thanks!

Picked it up yesterday. Few issues that I will ignore such as paint runs.

2 dents. Frunk has a very noticeable dent about the size of a half dollar coin. Driver door has a pea sized dent. Both actual metal dents and not paint defects. One paint defects there were able to buff off. Lots of white residue all over the car - I'm guessing wax residue.. comes off but is stuck in many crevices such as between brake lights and metal panels.

Overall, really love the car so fast. Have floored it so many times! It's 90s in Charlotte. Car's really efficient right now. Despite flooring it so many times, in 50 miles driving, remaining under 240 wh/mile

No interior defects that I noted. They did not give me a due bill for homelink. They made a due bill for dents but did not give it to me. For homelink they said they'll open a case with Tesla but can't promise any thing.

Again, would like someone with a homelink to provide us a copy for replication. I ordered 5/20. I'm glad I went with Gray! Already took off the aeros and put on the kit. To be fair, the aeros are beautiful too.

Reactions: SMAlset
Picked it up yesterday. Few issues that I will ignore such as paint runs.

2 dents. Frunk has a very noticeable dent about the size of a half dollar coin. Driver door has a pea sized dent. Both actual metal dents and not paint defects. One paint defects there were able to buff off. Lots of white residue all over the car - I'm guessing wax residue.. comes off but is stuck in many crevices such as between brake lights and metal panels.

Overall, really love the car so fast. Have floored it so many times! It's 90s in Charlotte. Car's really efficient right now. Despite flooring it so many times, in 50 miles driving, remaining under 240 wh/mile

No interior defects that I noted. They did not give me a due bill for homelink. They made a due bill for dents but did not give it to me. For homelink they said they'll open a case with Tesla but can't promise any thing.

Again, would like someone with a homelink to provide us a copy for replication. I ordered 5/20. I'm glad I went with Gray! Already took off the aeros and put on the kit. To be fair, the aeros are beautiful too.

Congrats and Enjoy! Yeah, I bought the $50 wheel kit, but after getting the car, I'm sticking with the aeros for now. They do look futuristic and enhance that feel along with the White interior! :D

Can’t give you anything in wiring but talk to the delivery manager and tell them you heard online that Tesla sent an internal memo to all delivery centers with instructions on how to deal with customers that ordered before the Homelink announcement, that did the trick for me.

I said exactly that and they said the memo said to start a case with tesla
The argument, if you need to make it in an email, is that (1) you cite to the part of the purhcase contract whicy says that you are purchasing "features and options available at the time of order" (its under the paragraph titled "Agreement to Purchase") and (2) one the day you ordered, Homelink was a feature under the Premium Interior. I went to a site called "Wayback" which saves websites and fortunately you can see that up until May 30 or 31 Homeylink was an included feature in the Premium interior.

I never saw the internal email.

Reactions: SoManyM3s
Can’t give you anything in wiring but talk to the delivery manager and tell them you heard online that Tesla sent an internal memo to all delivery centers with instructions on how to deal with customers that ordered before the Homelink announcement, that did the trick for me.

All I did was email my delivery adviser and remind her that I ordered my car before the Homelink deadline and she emailed me back the next day saying it was added to my account. Keep in mind that the install of the Homelink hardware takes the better part of a day at a service center...... not sure if the mobile can do the install.