Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE...History is I was going to order a new LR-RWD but woke up last week to the news that it was no longer offered, did a quick search of available inventory (Houston/San Antonio area) and found the exact car we would order, but 2018 with only 3600miles for $42,600. Hit the order button and picked it up today at the north Houston service center. So far very happy, unit looks new and on the 200 miles back home everything works.....
Also came with the home link since that was included then....Only took less than an hour to get “trained” hand over the trade in and head south....So far, thrilled....

UPDATE...History is I was going to order a new LR-RWD but woke up last week to the news that it was no longer offered, did a quick search of available inventory (Houston/San Antonio area) and found the exact car we would order, but 2018 with only 3600miles for $42,600. Hit the order button and picked it up today at the north Houston service center. So far very happy, unit looks new and on the 200 miles back home everything works.....
Also came with the home link since that was included then....Only took less than an hour to get “trained” hand over the trade in and head south....So far, thrilled....

Any issues so far? Did they have any service history on if there had been original issues that needed fixed? Any scratches or anything? I’m seriously debating instead of getting a new SR+ getting a used LR RWD....

I got offered this today put a deposit 1 hour later and it was taken

Attachments

• 585626786.jpg
    585626786.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 101
Yeah.. After we talked yesterday I asked my SA today and she found this. I asked the wifey first then this got taken Damn.. So maybe their Demo cars will pop up slowly. Theres a AWD right now in my Tesla Store. I'm hoping they will drop that in price in the next couple days.
How exactly did you get in touch with this SA and what did you request for them to find demo inventory? I've talked to many people at Tesla and once I tell them my request (LR RWD Demo) I never hear back from them again. It sounds like your guy sent this option over to you, which I would jump on if I had that option

How exactly did you get in touch with this SA and what did you request for them to find demo inventory? I've talked to many people at Tesla and once I tell them my request (LR RWD Demo) I never hear back from them again. It sounds like your guy sent this option over to you, which I would jump on if I had that option
i'll let you know when/if another one pops up.. its only if the SA is on top of things. She told me theres probably no more RWD as thats why it was discounted 5k. even for demo

I just checked... Tesla just dumped a bunch of used RWD ones.... I dont know how everyone feels about it. but my understanding is 46k-3500(2018 tax incentive)= 42k-2.5k state incentive for cali = 39.5k is the absolute highest you should go. Most of them are in the 43k-42k range

I just checked... Tesla just dumped a bunch of used RWD ones.... I dont know how everyone feels about it. but my understanding is 46k-3500(2018 tax incentive)= 42k-2.5k state incentive for cali = 39.5k is the absolute highest you should go. Most of them are in the 43k-42k range

Thank you for this!

I've been creeping this thread for a few weeks and finally signed up.

Anyone know if these are pre-owned, demo cars, or loaners?

I really want LR RWD, everything else is moot as I want the range. But now I have to consider is it worth it or should I buy new AWD instead. I was planning on ordering LR RWD and just waiting it out, but since Tesla has been so quiet I'm worried.

I assume financing changes, hardware is tough to know, and I think I still need to test drive RWD vs AWD.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you for this!

I've been creeping this thread for a few weeks and finally signed up.

Anyone know if these are pre-owned, demo cars, or loaners?

I really want LR RWD, everything else is moot as I want the range. But now I have to consider is it worth it or should I buy new AWD instead. I was planning on ordering LR RWD and just waiting it out, but since Tesla has been so quiet I'm worried.

I assume financing changes, hardware is tough to know, and I think I still need to test drive RWD vs AWD.

Sorry for the long post.

Since they officially discontinued it for now I think the only thing is coming back or showing up are demo car . But my assumptions are that theres only like a few left like2 or so.. we probably wont be able to see them ar all if someone in that service center wants to buy it.. I'm already looking into the AWD as I'm late into the scene and dont want to get my hopes up for the RWD. If a white AWD comes along with a little adjustment I'll probably jump to it. Unless the used RWD gets below 38k range.. my SA told me also theres a couple mid ranges popping up still

I suspect all the used ones last night that popped up with like 200 to 700 miles on them and April/March 2019 build dates were 7 day returns. I was speaking with someone last night and he checked 3 for me and they were all 7 day returns. Prices were $44k to $45k. I actually have a deposit on a MSM LR-RWD in Anaheim for $45k that I just texted my guy about canceling. I can try to post here again when it’s officially cancelled I’d anyone then wants to try and snag it. It’s a 7 day return so no tax credit. I have no idea why Tesla was sitting on these cars and then put them up for sale last night...

I was told any demo/inventory cars would be loaded into the “new” list, not used...

(I jumped the gun and put the order in thinking it might be a demo...)

I was told any demo/inventory cars would be loaded into the “new” list, not used...
This is where I'm not sure if Ev-CPO is classifying them correctly. I see some low mileage (<1000 Mi) LR RWD in the 'Used' category instead of New which definitely seem like demo/return models. It would be really good to know if new car tax incentives would apply but right now it is hard to tell on these.

W/o tax incentives some of these aren't much of a deal...

Reactions: IronQQQ
I suspect all the used ones last night that popped up with like 200 to 700 miles on them and April/March 2019 build dates were 7 day returns. I was speaking with someone last night and he checked 3 for me and they were all 7 day returns. Prices were $44k to $45k. I actually have a deposit on a MSM LR-RWD in Anaheim for $45k that I just texted my guy about canceling. I can try to post here again when it’s officially cancelled I’d anyone then wants to try and snag it. It’s a 7 day return so no tax credit. I have no idea why Tesla was sitting on these cars and then put them up for sale last night...

(I jumped the gun and put the order in thinking it might be a demo...)
Ouch. Yeah not worth it then if these are actual returns. I was looking at one for ~$41,000, once you do the math might as well get the AWD as it's a new car.

This is where I'm not sure if Ev-CPO is classifying them correctly. I see some low mileage (<1000 Mi) LR RWD in the 'Used' category instead of New which definitely seem like demo/return models. It would be really good to know if new car tax incentives would apply but right now it is hard to tell on these.

Oh, they are used alright.. just click on any of the links and you'll see something like below. Those are used cars, my friend.

upload_2019-7-25_13-33-29.png

For new cars, you'll always see the tax credit incentive in the price:

upload_2019-7-25_13-29-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-25_13-28-38.png
    upload_2019-7-25_13-28-38.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 81
I’m curious if the owner still got the tax credit or if the tax credit got used up but never credited to anyone... a sad waste if that’s the case...

The tax credit isn't claimed until the owner files their taxes in the following year. I supposed an unscrupulous owner for 6 days that returned the car could claim the tax credit if they titled and registered the car in their name in those 6 days.. sounds kind of unlikely to happen that fast but possible. But all anyone needs to claim the tax credit is a VIN that hasn't been claimed before (and lying on their taxes). That's all the IRS does is check the VIN. The rest is the honor system -- until you get audited.

Glad it all worked out. Did they let you test drive it first?

Any issues so far? Did they have any service history on if there had been original issues that needed fixed? Any scratches or anything? I’m seriously debating instead of getting a new SR+ getting a used LR RWD....
No issues, no service history, no scratches....was detailed and looks new, pulled a car fax and it was sold 8/18, might have been a trade in? Was not a loaner or demo....glad I bought it...