Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it fair to assume that all M3’s that are due to be shipped, will be the refreshed versions?
My thinking behind this is that M3’s are in such demand that all “older” versions would surely already be with owners rather than sitting in car parks waiting to board ships.
What’s on the refreshed model? Is this the wireless charging

New here and very cool to see people so dedicated to tracking these shipping movements. Thanks a lot.
I was wondering:

What are the latest thoughts on the Model 3s coming to Europe in November being the refreshed models?
Are those Model 3s in yesterday's aerial photo of Pier80 refreshed models for example?

I was wondering the same thing, so hoping CSI (the tv show) could help me, I tried to zoom into these pictures and compare them a bit with the drone shots the same Twitter user made back in August... here are the results:

Crop of picture he made on August 17th:

pier-80-august.jpg

You can clearly see all the chrome around the windows of the darker-coloured cars, such as the black and red. It's an ocean of chrome.
Now, when we try the same in the pictures linked above, where is the chrome?

pier-80-october.jpg

The angle is different, and so is the lighting, and the images are blurry, so take it with a grain of salt, but it makes me believe that these are the chrome-deleted models. If anyone can find some chrome when zooming in (or has the "ENHANCE!" program they use on CSI Miami), please let me know! :)

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Does anyone know whether you can buy an "add chrome" kit yet?

It's bound to come! Mind you, I prefer the chrome ... it defines the lines of the car in a way that the black doesn't. Chrome has been around for a long time and I'm thinking that the chrome delete look only works because it's "different". Once all cars come like that it won't be special anymore.

Reactions: BushtrimmmerJr
I was wondering the same thing, so hoping CSI (the tv show) could help me, I tried to zoom into these pictures and compare them a bit with the drone shots the same Twitter user made back in August... here are the results:

Haha thats some great CSI work man, thanks ;)

I think you're right that there doesn't seem to be a light/chrome strip around the windows. Looks promising!

One thing I don't understand though: the white cars seem DO seem to have a white(?) strip around the windows? What is it? Tape? Chrome? Shouldn't the white cars also have the black strips/chrome delete?

I think you're right that there doesn't seem to be a light/chrome strip around the windows. Looks promising!

One thing I don't understand though: the white cars seem DO seem to have a white(?) strip around the windows? What is it? Tape? Chrome? Shouldn't the white cars also have the black strips/chrome delete?
The white strip is a protective film, if you look at earlier pictures you can see it peeling off on some cars and they've only travelled a short distance.....

On the leaked images of the new revisions they had white tape surrounding the windows. Suspect this is to protect it during transport.

Could be the protective film, but could also just be artifacts in the pictures; artificial sharpening usually makes up some pixels to give the impression of a sharper image when zoomed out, so I wouldn't count on the white cars to be depicted very accurately. Hope we get some more close up pictures in the next weeks!

partially glad i got my 70 plate LR ... not quite keen on the 'de-chromed' look - I love the way the handles and glass surrounds stand out on my blue M3. I've seen a fully wrapped M3 black matte with no chrome and it was ... plain and a bit dull really IMO. I suppose i've got 3 years to like the black before I order my Y lol!