Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P vs MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nate704

Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
I was planning on buying a M3P for my commute since we already have a MYP for my wife and family.
Since the congress is fighting to get the bill pass/not pass, it might not be a bad idea to buy another MYP if the congress passes the bill written as is.
MYP will be cheaper with the $7500 credit vs. M3P with no credit.
But, I want the faster acceleration and cornering dynamics of the M3P with better efficiency.
I still have several months to decide, but this tax credit thing messes up my head 😵‍💫

Yep, it will be your personal choice. I got the M3 and even with the current credit for all MY's, I would still get the M3 at this point. Given the price-point though, the M3 standard range is a pretty good bargain now

I originally ordered the Model 3 LR because the price point was in the “sweet spot” for us. I really wanted the Performance, but because of the cost I figured I would get the wheels powder coated and add a spoiler to the LR so it would have the Performance look.

I changed my order to the Performance after a few weeks of my original order. Yes, it cost a little more but I figured I might as well get what I want and we would make the finances work.

I’ve had my M3P for 2 months now and absolutely love it! Even more, I am SO GLAD I got what I wanted and didn‘t get the LR just to save a few bucks. The dded cost hasn’t even been an issue. All that to say - get what you want!

That’s where I was back in 2018, and I haven’t looked back. Paid cash back then, and after almost 4 years and 64,000 miles I still am enjoying it like I did when it was brand new (most people think it is). I won’t even consider getting another one for years.
That’s where we were. Purchase the LR cash or get the P with a small loan. It’s worked out great and no regrets so far!

I was planning on buying a M3P for my commute since we already have a MYP for my wife and family.
Since the congress is fighting to get the bill pass/not pass, it might not be a bad idea to buy another MYP if the congress passes the bill written as is.
But, I want the faster acceleration and cornering dynamics of the M3P with better efficiency.
I still have several months to decide, but this tax credit thing messes up my head 😵‍💫
Get the M3P. The net difference with the rebate is only $2500.

There isn't really any better cornering dynamics with the M3P, except that you can turn track mode on. But the way track mode works it isn't practical to use it outside of an autocross/race track situation usually.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
How do you know that? Everything I've seen says it doesn't because of the new batteries.
Please see above link and this outtake:
Capture.JPG

Love our M3P, but I do sometimes think an MYP would be nicer on road trips. A bit more rear seat room, a good bit more storage capacity, and with the Performance Y, it's still insanely quick. Plus the MYP gets a better wheel/tire setup :)

With the tax credit for the Y being factored in, and having owned the M3P for more than a year AND knowing how we use the vehicle, it would almost be a coin toss for me today.

Had a Y, have a 3. For me the 3 is a better car. I'd take the 3P over the YP any day, even more so if I already had a Y. The 3 is more efficient, fun to drive, still has a lot of room, has more front leg room, easier to park and generally feels more solid.

The bill isn't signed yet so I would base too much on that alone. I would probably cover my bet and put a deposit on the MYP if I was leaning that way just to lock in the price before Tesla jacks the heck out of it.

Reactions: tm1v2